UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Subsonic 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmsubgun-m11 View Post
    Bullets from Precision Delta are $84.00/1000 and free shipping when you buy in multiples of 2000.I have been using Hodgon Titegroup @ 3.6gr.
    Is that the max load with titegroup? I have a Lee pro 1000 and my disks at the lowest setting only goes to 3.5gr with titegroup.

My Lyman 49th manual shows the same max load of titegroup as noted by Hornady -- 3.6gr.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3S1K View Post
    Is that the max load with titegroup? I have a Lee pro 1000 and my disks at the lowest setting only goes to 3.5gr with titegroup.
    Yes,3.6 max load.
    My Sex Life Is Like A Ferrari,I Don't Have A Ferrari.

Anyone know max load for 147gr FMJ PD bullets using unique powder? Also the OAL.

The Alliant website doesn't list a max it just says 1.13" OAL with 4.3gr of Unique. My problem is Unique Meters like crushed oreos in my Lee perfect powder measure. I weighed my charge which is supposed to be 3.9gr is coming out around 3.5gr on my scale.

3.5 Titegroup here, thus I can get 2000 load per bottle if Hodgdon and I play nice..

Unique ?? Find something that measure better.. Titegroup, WSF, 3N37, Accurate 5, Universal. Seat them 147 FMJ to 1.140/1.150 (whichever works best for your firearm), and run with it

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmsubgun-m11 View Post
    Yes,3.6 max load.
    Fuck it I run my loads @3.9 grains Titegroup with PD 147 grain projectile CCI primer, 960-980fps on the chrono!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    I have tried just about everything as far as powder goes and I always end up going back to 3.9gr of bullseye with a 147gr bullet. Cheap, clean, quiet.

I've been playing with Universal Clays all summer, but decided to switch to 3.7-3.8 gr of Bullseye. The UC always felt very 'mushy' and the accuracy wasn't there. The Bullseye loads shoot and feel much better, IMH. Plus it's a heck of a lot cheaper than UC.
    Signature

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    believe it or not, i have allready done this shit once or twice . Keep the barrel over 4" and bullseye is great. If you are shooting with a can, some of the powders are very abrasive.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Here's my reloading setup... I use a Lee Classic Turret for my precision rifle ammo, and a Lee Progressive 1000 for my pistol and subgun. I like the auto-advance and auto case loading of the Lee Progressive rather than manually having to manually put in brass, rotate the plate, and put a bullet in for seating and then pull the handle like the Dillon. With this setup, the only manual element other than the handle pull is the bullet placement. They have an add-on gadget for that too, but I prefer to do it myself and do a visual quickcheck that the case has a proper-looking powder charge.

Of course, beyond what you see at the table, there's a lot more powder and other supplies in the nearby closet.

Name:  MC_Reloading.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  38.2 KB

UZI Talk Life Member
    I also have the Lee Pro1000. I think it's a great system for how cheap it is. I paid somewhere around $180 for mine. It's not perfect and takes some getting used too, but for the casual reloader, I it's hard to beat. I can do 300 rounds an hour including refilling the case tubes and primer tray, stopping for coffee, and changing stations on Pandora Radio.

My little corner of the pantry.
    Last edited by medphys; 11-03-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Signature

Is anyone using WST? I have quite a bit of it as well as a bunch of Bullseye. I also have a lot of 147 gr LRN bullets. Any recommended loads for the cast bullets?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Okvet03 View Post
    Is anyone using WST? I have quite a bit of it as well as a bunch of Bullseye. I also have a lot of 147 gr LRN bullets. Any recommended loads for the cast bullets?
    I have a bunch of WST too, all I've been able to do is find info online and I settled at 3.6gr of WST but I don't have my can and haven't tested the loads yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlumpp View Post
    Has anyone found much of a difference between Titegroup and V V 320 for clean up?
    I've never used Titegroup...I use V V N340 and it's the cleanest of any of the powders I have used. My experience has been with 231,Accurate #5 & 7, Unique.

WST at 3.7gr should work.. somewheres about 3.9 - 4gr I was getting flight noise (using FMJ).. DO NOT use bare naked lead bullets in a suppressor.

WST is better suited for 9mm 125gr lead around 5gr,, and 45acp using lead in the 200/230 flavors

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UZI SBR AWC View Post
    WST at 3.7gr should work.. somewheres about 3.9 - 4gr I was getting flight noise (using FMJ).. DO NOT use bare naked lead bullets in a suppressor.

WST is better suited for 9mm 125gr lead around 5gr,, and 45acp using lead in the 200/230 flavors
    I ran 1k rounds of 135gr 9mm with wst at 4.0gr on my dillon and they shoot and run great but are supersonic as all hell. So now I have a LOT of them. Fairly clean though and it meters really consistently in my powder measure, I like WST a lot and have heard as you said, it's much better in 45ACP I just haven't loaded any yet.

I've seen mention of using the Pecision Delta projectiles and I'm about to make an order for a couple thousand 147gr. bullets. I'm curious if the exposed lead in the back of the Precision Delta bullets has caused anyone excessive fouling and blowback when using a silencer? I'm currently using 147gr. Hornady FMJ/encapsulated bullets at $135 per 1000, but I'd like to try the Precision Deltas since they're only $105 per 1000 as long as they don't gas me out and ruin my site picture during suppressed mag dumps.
    Last edited by MAC907; 12-16-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling

The silencers I use are the Gemtech Viper-45 with a thread adapter, or sometimes the Multi-mount with an HK 3-lug attachment (both on an M10). Also would the Berry's plated 147gr. bullets be worth looking into at $107 per 1000?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC907 View Post
    I've seen mention of using the Pecision Delta projectiles and I'm about to make an order for a couple thousand 147gr. bullets. I'm curious if the exposed lead in the back of the Precision Delta bullets has caused anyone excessive fouling and blowback when using a silencer? I'm currently using 147gr. Hornady FMJ/encapsulated bullets at $135 per 1000, but I'd like to try the Precision Deltas since they're only $105 per 1000 as long as they don't gas me out and ruin my site picture during suppressed mag dumps.
    The Precision Delta bullets are fine.I have shot thousands without problems.The exposed lead does not seem to make any difference in fowling or blowback.

I'm lovin' the HK 3-lug attachment on the Gemtech Multi-Mount, but when I use it to trasition from my M-10 subgun to my Beretta M-9 pistol the only ammo I've found so far that cycles it is the Winchester White box 124 gr. 9mm NATO (and it works great, but it's not subsonic).
    I've already worked up my 147gr. load to the max with 3.6gr. of TightGroup and all I get is a single shot that doesn't come close to feeding the next round. I know the easy answer would be to get the L.I.D. atttachment, but I want to be able to transition between subgun and pistol with the same can setup.
    Does anyone have a reccomendation for a 147gr. subsonic load that safely will give me the recoil I need?

UZI Talk Life Member

I will be loading 147gr ammo for subsonic use in a Sterling Mk5 (L34A1). Anyone have any experience with the PD bullets WRT round nose versus flat point? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread