UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AR15/M16 .22 upper using 10-22 mags

Quote Originally Posted by csmc
    What kind of .22 magazines are those in the video?
    Looks like Ruger 10-22 magazines of different brands?

UZI Talk Life Member

i'll bet they were BDM 10/22 mags. so far the 30 or so i have have ran great

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogmachine
    Yes he is a FFL07/02 SOT. It might of had a few hickups but I dont think my Ciener kit can run 750 rounds that fast with that few of hickups, if you look those were start and stop bursts not just mag dumps. All the trouble with full auto is in the start and stop, anybody can just do a mag dump. The letter from ATF says the upper is a title 1 firearm for use on a AR15/M16 rifle.
    You can clearly tell when he has a jam in that video-- you can even see him clearing it multiple times.

I went through 300 rounds at the range (semi auto) with zero hiccups yesterday... I haven't cleaned my gun in several range trips either, and rarely have a jam anymore. I'd say its 99% reliable after I made some changes.

I've got a dedicated .22LR upper, w/ modified Ciener kit, and I've fine-tuned it and its been running very well for more than a year... Using black dog mags, I used to have 1 or 2 jams per mag-- It was about a year ago I analyzed the jamming issue and discovered it was a problem with all my mags-- I made a simple modification to all my range mags and they have worked great ever since. I shoot the hell out of this gun too...

What was the date of ATF approval for the upper?

Bob Naess
    Black River Militaria CII

UZI Talk Life Member

Papers are stamped Jan 5 2009

From my perspective, having been involved with ATF for 30+ years and recently seeing more and more examples of ATF's continuing and rather extraordinary schizophrenia in regard to uppers that function on registered lowers, it would be wise to refrain from full scale manufacture and marketing of this device until after Savage vs ATF is finished. Also, BRP's XMG upper is under appeal, which will have a direct bearing on whether ATF will continue to view the Rogar in such a benevolent light.
    ATF's classifications are not written in stone, and easily reversed as you probably know. Logic is not applicable here, nor is any interpretation of the regs valid by anyone other than ATF. FWIW

Bob Naess
    Black River Militaria CII

UZI Talk Life Member
    It's wonderful to have your years of experience and wisdom here Mr. Naess!
    Welcome to Uzi Talk, and I hope you'll stick around and grace us with your presence on other topics!

UZI Talk Life Member

re-design

OK Roger has redesigned the back so the spring setup will fall out when the upper is removed and he is sending it back to ATF to get another ruling. Hope this clears it up so you all can enjoy a cool new toy! semi guys should be good to go as is.

I bought a Kel-tec PLR 22 which uses your 26 round magazine. It runs like a top and I appreciate your time and venture into this business. I plan on buying several of your mags for it and the 10/22. Thank you for doing what you and your friend do for shooting enthusiasts.

any more reports on this upper? i have plenty of 10/22 mags and would like to know if it has been reclassified as a non-gun.

UZI Talk Life Member

yes it is clasified as a non gun and he is shipping, there are several threads I saw, AR15.com, sunbguns, cant remember if I saw one here but I know a few uzi talk guys have them. Everything I saw was good, the upper I have runs perfect.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG
    It's wonderful to have your years of experience and wisdom here Mr. Naess!
    Welcome to Uzi Talk, and I hope you'll stick around and grace us with your presence on other topics!

+100!

Plus, he does absolutely beautiful work on old C&R guns!
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. -Sir William Pitt, The Younger 1783

Talking

I have one, and I have to say, it's a well thought out system. It been very reliable with cheap ammo, and not very sensitive to fouling. I can understand why he wants to patent it, it's very well made and designed. It's alot of money, but after getting one, I see why. I'm super happy with it, and Roger seems like a super nice guy to boot!

I don't get it. Does it jam as much as it did in the video on the first page of this thread? Because it sure seemed to jam a lot in that video.

The ROGAR 15 looks promising; where do I order one?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hrt4me
    The ROGAR 15 looks promising; where do I order one?
    http://www.rwbainfirearms.net/
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Isn't ths the same problem as that spring loaded stock for the Ruger 10/22, the belt fed M11 upper, the M11 / American 180 upper and the spring actuated carrier for the 1919?

And if this solution works (redesigning the upper / return spring) wouldn't the same solution be avaiable for those projects?

And I missed the last one by just a touch......

Anyone have one of these for sale please pm me.

+ Reply to Thread