UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interest in a AR-15 CAR Stock Adapter for a Cobray M-11/Nine Semi?

UZI Talk Life Member

Interest in a AR-15 CAR Stock Adapter for a Cobray M-11/Nine Semi?

I made one of these for myself and was wondering if this might be something others would be interested in.

This stock adapter kit would allow the use of standard AR-15 CAR type stocks attached to Cobray M-11/Nine Semi-Auto Carbines, Semi-Auto Short Barreled Rifles and Semi-Auto Pistols with barrels over 16 in length. All NFA rules apply! Manufactured from a solid billet of steel for rigidity, strength and durability, the adapter is adjustable for forward/rear movement allowing for variances in receiver manufacture and finished in a manganese phosphate (parkerizing) finish. This adapter works best with upper receivers with rails and elevated optics as the stock iron sights will be too low for a comfortable cheek weld.

http://www.jjcustomllc.com Custom Firearm Accessories

FFL 07/02
    UZI Talk Life Member
    2 or 3 other companies already make them, I really like mine.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrM4
    2 or 3 other companies already make them, I really like mine.
    For a semi-auto? All the solutions I found said they would only work with a SMG and not a semi-auto.

FFL 07/02
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Interesting, i miss-read your post, I was wondering why you were worried about NFA regs. I got rid of all my semis awhile ago but I believe there is a differance. Best of Luck

UZI Talk Supporter

Yeah, I'd buy one. The semi-carbine stock connector from Cobray is sort of weak. It's that hook thingy, and it just looks cheesy.

The biggest difference I can think of for semi vs auto adapter, would be the rails that would normally go inside of an auto's frame would need removed to work on a semi. I'm in the planning stages while waiting on paperwork to come back with a stamp on it to convert an MPA 10/45 to a carbine, and chopping the rails is what I'll have to do to the adapter to get it to work.

I like the different taper cuts you put on yours. That's some nice detail work.

semi stuffb

USmachinegun.com already makes them for the semi autos, i bought one for my MPA10 semi. dont know if they make them for the cobray semi?

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...od=M11SAU-0135

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...rod=M10SA-0119

Quote Originally Posted by Teps71
    I think you did A BEAUTIFUL JOB. iT IS THE Most streamlined and best looking adapter I have seen. Looks like it is built like a tank.
    I say make them and sell them. If I had a semi, I would most def buy one.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by haterade
    I think you did A BEAUTIFUL JOB. iT IS THE Most streamlined and best looking adapter I have seen. Looks like it is built like a tank.
    I say make them and sell them. If I had a semi, I would most def buy one.
    Good luck
    +1, I normally dont like the look of these adapters but that actually looks nice!

Would adding the stock to a semi turn it into a short barreled rifle? If so, you would have to register it as such. Just a question, didn't know if it pertained to this application?

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by WarHound1
    USmachinegun.com already makes them for the semi autos, i bought one for my MPA10 semi. dont know if they make them for the cobray semi?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone know the difference between a MPA semi and the Cobray M11/9 semi as far as the rear mounting points?
    If someone could post pics of the rear end of the MPA we could see if maybe the adaptor could be used on both...

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR632
    Would adding the stock to a semi turn it into a short barreled rifle? If so, you would have to register it as such. Just a question, didn't know if it pertained to this application?
    Yes adding a stock, verticle foregrip, are illegal on a semi pistol. You would need to form 1 and register it.

You could add a 16" barrel and then add a stock but I am not sure on the regulations of changing a pistol to a rifle.

Very nice design... I would be interested. My brother is currently looking for this sort of set up for his SA M11.
    But again... adding a stock to his pistol would makes it a SBR...right?

The MPA guns have a threaded hole underneath and the Cobray has two or three holes, none are threaded and one is slightly obstructed with metal piece (rear spacer) from inside the gun. Plus, the holes are in a different position than the Cobray. We make them for both M-11 and Mac-10 SMG, as well as all the MPA series. Our M-11 SMG series offers two options, one for use with the iron sights, low option, plunger mount, out this week and another for the higher sights or aftermarket uppers. There has been less demand to make one for the Cobray Semi Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBelt
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone know the difference between a MPA semi and the Cobray M11/9 semi as far as the rear mounting points?
    If someone could post pics of the rear end of the MPA we could see if maybe the adaptor could be used on both...

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR632
    Not if you have a 16" barrel in place on your pistol. Also consider that semi auto carbine owners may be intersted in this stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident9
    You could add a 16" barrel and then add a stock but I am not sure on the regulations of changing a pistol to a rifle.
    No regulations at all. You can add a 16" upper and butt stock to any pistol without any forms or approval required.
    Changing it back to a pistol is where it gets sticky...

Im looking at building a carbine from a parts kit later on. I have found some parts to build a lower receiver that I would need to weld. Im thinking of going 16' barrel so I dont have to do an SBR (but I may yet) and this adaptor looks really good and give an over all really good look.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I have been wanting one for my M11a1...possibly for a slowfire conversion.

So far they have either been too expensive or didnt seem like something I would want to use.

Depending on price I would REALLY LIKE to have one like yours.

So if you decide to make them, let me know please.

UZI Talk Life Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback! This was my first proto-type and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I have a few changes to make, but my goal was an adapter that didn't look so blocky. I've had a few responses that the adapter block actually looks factory! Now THAT'S a compliment!

Also included with the adapter block will be the threaded plate for inside the receiver, the screws, allen wrench, a replacement spacer plate for the rear of the receiver (to support the upper and straddle the threaded plate), spacer plates with proper length screws to adjust for cheek weld to sight/optic height, and of course detailed instructions.

As far as adding the stock to a semi-auto pistol: my understanding is the stock must be added last and removed first so as not to assemble a short barreled rifle. My adapter could be installed, the 16" upper added and then the stock screwed into the stock adapter.

Note the spacer plate for the rear of the receiver is pictured upside down and there are no spacer plates/screws pictured.

Price to be determined.

I like it alot in the first pic. If you come up with a smg one I would be interested.

If you were able to make one that has a folding mechanism you would make a killing. I think you do really nice work.

+ Reply to Thread