UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interest in a AR-15 CAR Stock Adapter for a Cobray M-11/Nine Semi?

Any updates on how these are coming along along with a price?

UZI Talk Life Member

Update

I have these just about wrapped up. I've got everything for the first batch machined, I just need to parkerize (these are steel, not aluminum) and complete the instruction sheet. Retail price is $95 plus $4.90 for priority mail.

I am looking for three buyers to provide me with some feedback - "Beta-Testers" if you will. I will sell the kit for a reduced price of $75 shipped if the buyer agrees to provide some feedback on how well they fit and work, ease of installation and how complete the documentation is. Any recommendations for improvements would be welcome.

Again, this kit is for the Cobray M11/Nine SEMI-AUTO ONLY.

I already have one beta-tester, so I have two more kits available for $75. If interested please contact me via IM or e-mail.

Thanks,
    James
    http://www.jjcustomllc.com Custom Firearm Accessories

that really expensive considering it doesn't include a stock. steel or aluminum is not a factor either way and your bracket won't work with a semi cobray that has the sling attachment that is welded from the factory. I have a gun that has that and its not a screw in type like on some guns so there is just the two holes and the third, closest to the mag well has it welded in place. Thats the trouble with only having one gun to make comparisons with. For that price I am going to wait as there as a couple of other companies making the adapter for a lot less $.

The adapter is really nice and looks factory for sure. Price wise, it's out of my range at $99.90 shipped.

Just from a "feedback" stand point... I think you could sell a bunch of them for about $70-$80 each plus shipping, but I'm sure you have a lot of work in them.

UZI Talk Life Member

Okay, I''ve got my three "Beta-Testers." I will provide the results.

Are you able to do this with a folding mechanism?

Looks outstanding.

that was 8 months ago. yea, he was charging $75. for beta testers? You can get one right here for l $49.98
    http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...?prod=CSA-0109

I have one on a M11 SA, and it fits great. i think you could thread on an ace folding bracket, then the AR stock to get a folder.

UZI Talk Life Member

Mine are steel with two bolt points, a steel threaded insert, and a pin to keep the buffer tube from rotating as you tighten the lock nut down. Mine takes a little longer to make. You get what you pay for.

As WarHound1 mentioned, for a folding stock option the Ace folding mechanism would be the way to go.

were can i get the one?

edit: googled. pricey.
    Last edited by skiendog; 02-16-2010 at 11:25 AM.

you may want to rethink your design or talk with the guy that made it. your two bolts wont work if the gun has a welded sling loop, then there is only one hole. and you should be able to lock it in place with the tube locking ring. the one I bought has sides to it to keep it straight. if I went with yours and only used one bolt it would move around. looks like the guy that makes them for you is just over charging by a lot. yours looks like is no better just different with a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by Teps71 View Post
    I made one of these for myself and was wondering if this might be something others would be interested in.

This stock adapter kit would allow the use of standard AR-15 CAR type stocks attached to Cobray M-11/Nine Semi-Auto Carbines, Semi-Auto Short Barreled Rifles and Semi-Auto Pistols with barrels over 16 in length. All NFA rules apply! Manufactured from a solid billet of steel for rigidity, strength and durability, the adapter is adjustable for forward/rear movement allowing for variances in receiver manufacture and finished in a manganese phosphate (parkerizing) finish. This adapter works best with upper receivers with rails and elevated optics as the stock iron sights will be too low for a comfortable cheek weld.

You still making these?

+ Reply to Thread