UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threaded barrel for Taurus PT99

UZI Talk Life Member

Threaded barrel for Taurus PT99

My father-in-law recently purchased a Taurus PT99. I have looked everywhere I know to look for a threaded barrel so I can get him hooked on a suppressor!
    Anyone know where I can find one?
    Krazy :biker

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men (and women) who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

UZI Talk Life Member
    https://www.efkfiredragon.com/index.php

EFK Firedragon has a threaded barrel listed that can be used in a Beretta or a Taurus 9mm. Not cheap, at $225.00. You must specify the thread pattern (tpi) when you order.

Ed

UZI Talk Life Member
    Ed,
    Thanks much for the info. I will direct him there and see if he's willing to pay that price to play.
    Krazy :biker

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men (and women) who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

UZI Talk Life Member
    Between California and Georgia, south of Mississippi and Alabama, but north of Cuba.
    I want a .5x28 for a PT22... Off topic, but who knows... someone might have a clue.
    Ammo should never cost more than the magazine it's fired from....

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyolman
    Ed,
    Thanks much for the info. I will direct him there and see if he's willing to pay that price to play.
    Krazy,
    I sold my PT-99 to my cousin some time back so I'm going from memory here... There might be enough of the standard barrel protruding in front of the frame to allow it to be threaded for a suppressor. I know for a fact that Beretta 92s have had that modification done a lot. You would need a thread protector, but it would be less costly than a new barrel. Send a PM to Chili 17 and get his opinion -- he would know if it's doable.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread