UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst 1 5 15 25 65 75 LastLast

Thread: South African R series of weapons information thread (lots of pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by lcastillo View Post
    MRF2, I saw that in your post. I also saw that those flashiders with the bulge also came with the round holes drilled into it instead of the birdcage slots. I am still trying to educate myself and ask the questions. I did send your picture to Grant at APEX to see if he can dig one up. I do have a flash hider already for my R5 build, I am trying to get another one for my cousin in Honduras. He wants one for his Galil SAR
    The round-holed flash hiders are proprietary Galil Muzzle Brakes. One came with the kit I sent you. They are threaded with an additional grub screw to stake it onto the barrel threads.

I believe the "Bulge" was to keep the bayonet properly seated, but don't quote me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hund View Post
    New LM's from Nobleteq are going at around R16500-00 retail, getting rifles from them sometimes take time though. Vektor is still up and running and still produce new LM/R rifles but not for domestic sales.
    Not produced for Domestic Sales? Too is too bad. That is almost as bad as they are not for sale here in the States

PDF

I found some PDF's of what appears to be LM4 series rifle (nothing else posted on site except these pics). Hey since it's all about SA rifles here , I thought I would post for information.
    Attached Images    

PDF R stock

Here is what looks like some type of armorers manual for the R series, notice the brown paint and the rifle looks new.
    Attached Images    

Ruski
    I got hold of someone who redirected me and confirmed that Nobleteq supplies there products to civilians as well. They indicated there is a backlog on the LM5's and its estimated for going for about 15k a piece. I have not recieved any word from Nobleteq themselves yet to confirm price.

Hey guys thanks for the replies on the R5, I really thought it might be a joke because they said the member was a Captain. TIA man! Ady does Nobleteq sell parts or spares for R & LM's? I asked Ruski and he seems to think they do. Have you purchased any parts from Nobleteq personally ( I guess you know what I'm going to ask next)? here it is: Do you think they might have spare front sight hoods? Thanks for the info on the flash hider BTW. That solves the mystery for me. TH are you still a active lawman in S.A.?
    Hi Lou.

Yes i have purchaed spares / parts from them and they have been helpful and efficient. I baught all the springs in the receiver, elastomer rubbers, buffer body, new cleaning kit with all the bits and tools and firing pin springs from them. Im waiting for them to get back to me regarding a stock.

I usually open the drawing i sent you and give them the correct name of the part and the corresponding part number if they cant find it. I'm sure they will have spare front sight hoods.

Drop them a mail and let us know if you come right.

Lou

That brown colour looks horrid. I haven't seen a manual like that before. Here is a link for a SADF R4 repair manual. Thank Craig at Gunsite.co.za for the effort. It is big (74MB) but well worth it.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/manuals/SAD...air_Manual.pdf

Manuel, Thats great, I am looking for an LM4, pricng on full unit, and price on just subframe, (barrel and reciever). Yeah Ady, alot of our army guys still have the brown colour weapons. Thanks for the manual, going to check it out now.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Love the way the SAR selector on the left hand side of the receiver is recessed on those R series rifles. That makes a bit less likely that the selector would be pushed accidently from the automatic to semi-automatic mode by the thumb. I have to be a little careful not to do that on mine, since it's a conversion not a factory gun.
    "I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Hi Lou.

Yes i have purchaed spares / parts from them and they have been helpful and efficient. I baught all the springs in the receiver, elastomer rubbers, buffer body, new cleaning kit with all the bits and tools and firing pin springs from them. Im waiting for them to get back to me regarding a stock.

I usually open the drawing i sent you and give them the correct name of the part and the corresponding part number if they cant find it. I'm sure they will have spare front sight hoods.

Drop them a mail and let us know if you come right.
    Ady you are giving me hope that I can find that front sight hood! I can't find a emeail or website for Nobleteq in my searches? Can you do me the favor and forward me a email address for Nobleteq please. Thanks Lou

Lou

That brown colour looks horrid. I haven't seen a manual like that before. Here is a link for a SADF R4 repair manual. Thank Craig at Gunsite.co.za for the effort. It is big (74MB) but well worth it.

I was curious with those pictures because the top cover does not have a serial number on it. Does your LM have a serial number on the dust cover on the rear sight? Thanks

Hi Lou

Just had a look, no serial number on the dust cover.

Ruski, i was also keen on getting a LM4 in the beginning as i was used to shooting the R4 (Commando weapon) on the farm, but i was advised against it due to the extra weight. Guys i shoot 3 gun with that have LM4's bitch at the end of the day. Its a lovely gun, but i wouldn't want to slog it around, im happy i went with the LM5 which is heavy in itself. I could never get used to that bipod, i'm shortish and shooting prone with the bipod was uncomfortable for me, the rifle was just to high.

Lou

ADY, You don't like the shit Brown color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here is my R5 that just got more updated correctly (It was originally at the 2nd page of this post) and I had re-painted the brown again.

And of course the great picture of R5's and PKM's; what a combo
    Attached Images      

Here is some shit-brown R4's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou, that is a great pic above you found (close-up of the brown colored R series)
    Attached Images      

I was curious with those pictures because the top cover does not have a serial number on it. Does your LM have a serial number on the dust cover on the rear sight? Thanks
    Lou,
    I know the pic above doesn't show a serial on the top cover or ADY's R5 doesn't have one: but both of my builds have a top cover with the unique serial number stamping like mrf2 post (#23) on page 2 of this thread.

Hey all, The R5 originally only had the serial number on one place and that was under the front gas block 500/00072 The flat underside, the police weapons were stamped here and highlighted in white as you can see in some of my pictures. But to fall in line with some of what the new firearms control act waants to do they marked the carrier, sub assembly, body sub assembly and Bolt with laser engraving putting the serial number on there and SAPS. Those are the only non factory markings.

Guys, There is a lot of good info being shared on the R and LM series on this thread. Keep it up guys! I have to say I am learning quite a bit here. Thanks Lou

Lou

Ady, the link says the site has been moved. can you recheck the link? Thanks Lou

Quote Originally Posted by adipose View Post
    Lou,
    I know the pic above doesn't show a serial on the top cover or ADY's R5 doesn't have one: but both of my builds have a top cover with the unique serial number stamping like mrf2 post (#23) on page 2 of this thread.
    Adipose, I was trying to figure out why it did not have the serials on the cover? I love your R5 build man! Hopefully it will not be long until I have my very own Those pictures look like they came from a manual of some sort. I just could not find the rest of it. If this is a R manual it has a lot of detail. I wish I could find the rest of it. Ady seems to be on the right track helping find it.

Here is another type of manual that shows how to disassemble R5 handguard and to check for front sight movement here: http://awci.co.za/gsp/5962.pdf

+ Reply to Thread