UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IMI Timberwolf .357mag pump rifle

Registered User manwiththegoldengun's Avatar

IMI Timberwolf .357mag pump rifle

Anyone have or know anything about the IMI Timberwolf .357 magnum pump action rifle?

What exactly did you need to know about the IMI Timberwolf 357 Magnum?

Are they still in production? What is the going price? Any other calibers? I would be more interested in a .44 magnum. I have been very happy with all my other IMI guns (Desert Eagle, Baby Eagle, UZI.) I just wanted to see what you fine people thought about the Timberwolf or if you had any experiance with this IMI rifle.

Timberwolf rifle

The IMI Timberwolf is not in production anymore. I believe the
    last importation of the Timberwolf was in 1989. The rifle was importated by UZi America, Action arms & Springfield Armory. The rifle was offered in two calibers being 357magnum / 38 special and in 44 magnum. It was also offered in two finsished being blued and a chrome finish. The 44 magnum Timberwolf is the rarest of both models either chrome or blued. I once was told that under 200 44 magnum Timberwolf rifles were ever importated into the U.S. The Timberwolf is and excellent rifle being well made and the receiver being milled and having a nice walnut grade stock. The stock on the Timberwolf if also adjustable. So when the user puts a scope on the milled rail at the top of the receiver. The 357 magnum Timebrwolf produces the same enrgy at 100 yds. that of a rifled cartrige the 7.62x39. The 357 magnum Timberwolf is a very accurate rifle and go good with a 357 magnum side arm. I use to own a 357 magnum Timberwolf and loved it. The only reason I sold it is that I was given good $$$ for it. I know regret the sale of my rifle. I have seen them sell between $600 dollars and $700 dollars. Check gunbroker.com frequently they come up for acution frequently in the 357 magnum. I have never seen a 44 magnum Timberwolf for sale. The Timberwolf is a very solid made rifle and it also has the feature of a shotgun. Being that by depressing the switch located on the receiver. On e can unload the gun pumping the forward stock and thus ejecting all ammo located in magazine tube. I was once told that The Timberwolf was marketed as a home selfdefense rifle.

Luis Morales

fuautos,
    Thanks for the info! I'll definately check out gunbroker.com

UZI Talk Supporter

if you have some last year shotgun news there was a ad for a large # of unfinished parts for sale ?I remember because I too regret selling mine!maybe someone got the bulk lot?I bought it for my son for deer hunting sold it for a bolt action youth remington 7mm-08 ,at the time price was real close but I felt the bolt action was safer for a child.

IMI Timberwolf .357mag pump rifle

hi i have three for sale. garyt71@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Supporter
    Back in 2002 New Helvetia was selling 95% complete guns. Someone on here may know the serial number range they were selling as they may have been completed with non-factory parts.
    Here is their add from SGN:

the one who bought all the parts

HI, I.M.I CHANGED THEIR NAME TO I.W.I THEY JUST MAKE WAR WEAPONS. THE GUY WHO HAS ALL THE PARTS IS DEALER SHOWROOM.COM.COM HE HAS JUST MOVED TO OREGON FROM CALF. GARY

UZI Talk Life Member
    You don't have to shout you know

Friend of mine here in the Netherlands has a Timberwolf in .357 Magnum. He had his ejector missing and it took a long time for him to find one. Parts are a problem on this side of the pond. Not sure how it is on your side.
    KCR SubGun Range Officer Instructor | Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun Range Officer | DSC/IPSC Match Director
    Norinco M320 | Ruger 10/22 | LAMAR Multical | Glock 34 | DoubleStar 3Gun AR | Lage Mfg MAX-31

UZI Talk Supporter

right now there is a timberwolf in 44mag on GBhttp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134093909
    Timberwolf (IMI) Rifle, .44 mag, RARE : Pump at GunBroker.com

HI THIS IS GARYT71 AN I HAVE ONLY ONE .357MAG TIMBERWOLF LEFT FOR SELL. GARY garyt71@hotmail.com

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

Gary, if you'd like to list items for sale, please list them in the Classifieds.

Thanks,

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat
    The tweed jacket part of the NFA community will lynch you.
    "The arms business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    -With apologies to Hunter S. Thompson

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

Returning to the topic, I got to handle a .44 Timberwolf at a Phoenix Crossroads of the West gun show some years ago. What surprised me was that the .357 and the .44 barrel are the same barrel! The only difference is that the .44 barrel is bored for the larger .44 projectile while the .357 barrel is bored for the smaller .357 projectile.

I wonder if the barrel weight difference would affect accuracy..?

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat
    The tweed jacket part of the NFA community will lynch you.
    "The arms business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    -With apologies to Hunter S. Thompson

UZI Talk Life Member
    Mike:

I recently bought a 357 Timberwolf and the barrel mass adds to the rifle's longitudinal moment of inertia; it wants to stay on target moreso than a light-barreled, lower-mass-out-front weapon of equal dimensions.

Sort of like a 16.5" Marlin 1895SDT in 45-70 vs. a 26" Marlin 1895CB. The longer barrel and mag tube helps to keep the rifle steady-on.

Noah
    Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .

357 timberwolf

sorry all three rifles have been sold. thanks to uzi talk forum. i really needed that i'm a disable vet an needed the money. thanks again guys if you ever need anything let me know. gary

Have one, only used one time. No longer made. Will sell for $850. Are you interested. Also have a scope that I will sell for it.

Hey guys, new here, but if anyone is looking for a 44 mag Timberwolf, I just finally put mine up on Broker. Didn't want to part with it, but really can't afford to keep it. Feel free to message me with any questions. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=396772145
    All the best,
    - Jeremy

+ Reply to Thread