UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M11 7.62X25 mm Tokarev Upper

M11 7.62X25 mm Tokarev Upper

Anyone make one?

I don't think a M11/9 could put up with the abuse that a 7.62x25 round would cause. I don't even fire the surplus +p+ 9mm stuff in mine. I do like the round. It would be cool to have a PPSh-41 submachine gun.

I thought that but with some lower welding and support? Really cheap ammo! Just wondering if it's ever been tried.

Yeah, I need to buy another case of it before it dries up. The last cheap surplus ammo out there.

UZI Talk Supporter
    7.62x25 Tok is significantly longer than 9mm and typically likes to be fed from curved magazines. I don't think you could use the stock 9mm magazines or the stock mag well on a M11 due the the cartridge length. Putting the mag well on the upper itself can present its own challenges w/ the ATF on getting it approved as a "non-firearm".

I'm thinking about going the 7.62x25 AR route, though. I love our PPsH 41 and would like another subgun in this caliber.

Yea, just looked at both rounds and the mag well would be a bitch.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I think a TASK converted M11/9 with an Anthony Smith style upper or modified a SCA upper to accomadate the larger PPSh drum and mags would be "doable".
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Holy crap the 7.62x25 I got is really really hot. - the commercial/Wolf is a lot more mild. I shot some surplus out of my CZ pistol and it was painful!

It would fuck up your M11 real fast.

UZI Talk Life Member
    IF you can locate any Polish 7.62X25 you'll find it's slightly weaker.
    TASK style conversion would be the only way to pull this off IMHO.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

In an M-11 it wouldn't last, I'd bet. But I did work it out for an M-10. Well, SHOULD work out. I've got it all on paper waiting for my bud to finish up screwing around with HIS buddies new gun shop. Once that frakking place is finished and opened fer bidness, we'll see.

Oh, and you don't need curved mags at all. Straight mags work just fine.

7.62x25 is an awesome round, I would buy the upper in a heartbeat. I would say that the Suomi type upper would be the best way to go. No lower mods and cheap/plentiful PPSH mags/drums........Mr Lage are you listening???

Converted one years ago to 7.62x25; a TASK fire converted M11/9 with Sten lower. Used CZ24/26 mag with the back rib milled. Bolt grooved with ball mill for clearance. Ran great with good ammo. I won't recommend this round for a stock M11.

Should have just used a plain old CZ-23/25 mag. They CAME in that caliber. The 24/26 mags were 9mm. A lot rarer and they are the same outside size. That's the mags I'm using... grabbed a dozen now in case they dry up. Came with a funky 1950's looking vinyl mag pouch in light green.

I would love to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered
    Should have just used a plain old CZ-23/25 mag. They CAME in that caliber. The 24/26 mags were 9mm. A lot rarer and they are the same outside size. That's the mags I'm using... grabbed a dozen now in case they dry up. Came with a funky 1950's looking vinyl mag pouch in light green.

I can't believe it. Finally caught Shattered wit a mitake!

You got it reversed; the CZ23/25 are 9mm.

I have 14 cans of 7.62x25 1980's Romanian for $125 in AZ or + shipping. I got them from AIM. I am selling them to pay off my MAC-11. Just email me at m4whore@gmail.com

Tokarev Ammo

I have shot some in a broom handled Mauser, which is supposed to shoot 7.62 Mauser ammo the same length. I shot S&B, don't want to shoot corrosive primer stuff. That Tok stuff is hotter than a two dollar pistol, a little too hot for the health of that old Mauser I think.

I have found a place listed in Shotgun News that rebores, rifles, and chambers, per correct headspaces Broomhandles from 7.62 to 9mmLuger caliber, may do that. Runs $200 plus shipping...

how about a 30 cal blank reamed out to tokarev. sten mag modded for round to fit and a stronger recoil spring. any one know what # the 9mm spring is? stronger spring would reduce the pressure and punishment on the frame

UZI Talk Supporter
    Alliance Armament says that they will have a 7.62x25 conversion of their AMP uppers out but that was over a year ago. I'd love one as I'm sitting on a small mound of the stuff waiting for the conversion.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I've had one for the max upper for about a year. Chili was making the barrels a while back.

I have a sten magwell on my m11 and use converted sten mags.

I found a place that sells the CZ mags, not sure what mag well they would work with?

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/cz242632rdmagazine.aspx
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by greenpeas; 10-11-2012 at 10:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread