UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 7 13 LastLast

Thread: Get ready - the new UZI is coming!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rescue161
    Most are voting for heat treatment. I wonder if they realize that IMI never heat treated theirs.

I voted for #2.
    According to the poll numbers, more are voting for NOT heat treating.

UZI Talk Life Member

FFL/C&R
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave
    According to the poll numbers, more are voting for NOT heat treating.
    I think he's referring to the poll posted over on arf.com.

~ Greg ~
    "Any people whatsoever have the right to abolish the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right." -- Abraham Lincoln, 4 July 1848

Quote Originally Posted by ptrthgr8
    I think he's referring to the poll posted over on arf.com.

~ Greg ~

Yes, I was referring to the ar15.com poll.

Just thought I would let you guys know that McKay is not the only manufacturer making a new UZI receiver. I am attaching a picture of the new receiver being manufactured by Global Machine & Tool LLC.
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Supporter
    Are there enough semi-auto parts out there to build all these new receivers? anyone making new Parts?
    Just wondering...

UZI Talk Supporter
    Sexxxy!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

McKay is in the process of making new US semi auto bolt assemblies.

We went out and ran 250 rounds through ours today. Not a single failure to feed or eject. I was quite suprised, as I usually expect issues with prototypes.

As far as Global's receiver is concerned, we are aware of their relationship with Century.

FYI; McKay supplied Century with one of his first prototypes off the line back in January at the SHOT Show.

Hmmmmmm...............

Don't know what Hmmmmmm.............. means! But for the record Global started manufacturing Uzi type receivers in October of 2009. There is plenty of room for any manufacturer and I think I speak for Global when I say that I wish the best for Mckay in all their enterprises.

You think you speak for Global or do you speak for them? Do you work for them? Tried doing a search for Global, do they have a web site?

Yes, I am one of the owners of Global Machine & Tool. I just joined UZI TALK yesterday and will try to edit my profile or my signature line so that that will be easily understood. Many people in the industry have tried to get us to post some pictures and info here over the last few months. Since we are only manufacturing for other large manufacturers at this time, we did not see the need. However, we were invited to the recent UT7 shoot in Texas and took two of our guns for people to shoot. So the cat is out of the bag and I have now posted a picture. I don't know everyone that shot our guns at UT7, but Roverdave did run off a couple of mags. We mainly sell to large companys such as Military Gun Supply, Century Arms, Wise Lite Arms, IO, etc. They know who we are so we haven't developed a website at this time.

Administrator
    Yup, I met gunsmith at the UT7 shoot and had a chance to look over and shoot one of his guns. It looked great and fan flawlessly. Looks like we're going to have a good supply of quality receivers between the McKay product and the Global Machine product. It's nice that builders won't have to suffer with the out of spec Group Industries receivers any more. It also looks like there are a number of people who will be making the necessary parts to build guns so that shouldn't been a problem. Great days ahead for the UZI! Ultimately what we'll all be looking for is to see what the quality and price will be from the various manufacturers that build guns from either of these receivers.

Wow, I didn't expect this. We have 2 companies working on bringing out semi auto UZI receivers? It'll be interesting to see how the two receivers compare side by side, although both appear to be extremely well made at glance.

Also another deciding factor will be which company is going to come out with the Mini and Micro/Pistol receivers. I think that's especially important because that is a niche that has yet to be filled by anyone other than IMI.

I simply do not like the idea of a chop and weld receiver no matter now good the work is. And of course I long for a Micro Uzi.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Mckay's website shows the mini-uzi receiver right now

http://www.mckay-ent.com/uzi.htm

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Gear
    Mckay's website shows the mini-uzi receiver right now
    Looks like it's just distorted editing on the photo. That's a full size receiver.

lol u sure? it got me. soooo both global & mckay are making uzi recievers for CAI?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave
    Looks like it's just distorted editing on the photo. That's a full size receiver.

We sure welcome both of the manufacturers. Yes, it sounds like we will have good receivers to work with and plenty of them.
    I also would like to see a mini and micro. Have lots of parts to build my own. This needs to move faster with these uncertain times, but we do want quality.

Here's some video of the test firing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4d28Un3DY4

Quote Originally Posted by mike@nds
    Here's some video of the test firing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4d28Un3DY4

When can I get me one!!!

id like to know the estimated pricepoints for these guns
    i dont mess with the ATF, they dont mess around, they are like a fat convention at a chinese buffet, either way they are there for a reason and they are gonna leave a hurt on ya once they are done

Well Global Machine and Tool can not show you our first tests shots because they all took place a few months ago and we did not video them. However, if you did not get to shoot our guns at UT7, we did make a couple of videos for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yejVyhxrH7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC5ST7oY1E4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-UPHBgeutI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jHHb2c9Xbc

I am happy to report that after building several guns, and test firing them all numerous times with hundreds of rounds, they all worked great. We took each gun and swapped various top covers, lowers, and magazines to check fit and function between various manufacturers parts. The only problem we ever had was a couple of bad magazines. We have already manufactured and shipped hundreds of receivers and various other semi-auto parts to our large manufacturing partner.

+ Reply to Thread