UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source for original 32 rd 9mm M10 magazines?

UZI Talk Supporter

Source for original 32 rd 9mm M10 magazines?

I have a 9mm conversion kit in my .45 caliber PS M10, the mags I bought from Cobray including an "original" 36 rounder don't feed.

I would like to buy one "real" original M10 9mm Walther 32 round magazine to try if it works I'll buy more. The genuine original mag I am looking for has a 32 round capacity with a silver metal follower and is marked MP 9mm.

Suggestions?

Thanks fer lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog1
    I have a 9mm conversion kit in my .45 caliber PS M10, the mags I bought from Cobray including an "original" 36 rounder don't feed.

I would like to buy one "real" original M10 9mm Walther 32 round magazine to try if it works I'll buy more. The genuine original mag I am looking for has a 32 round capacity with a silver metal follower and is marked MP 9mm.

Suggestions?

Thanks fer lookin'
    Oh man...

They are $195 on www.Autoweapons.com go to Mac10 parts or something

other than that, you will find them here or there for $120-$160 or so when people choose to sell them.

Occasionally you will find them on GunBroker.com

see: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...hlight=walther

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member

Suggestions?

Thanks fer lookin'
    The reason the mags are not feeding may be because your mag catch is not adjusted right it may need to be cut to fit the mags.

UZI Talk Supporter
    This may be a stupid question, but are you sure that you have a double feed bolt. I have seen these kits mixed with double feed bolts/ single feed mags, and single feed bolts/ double feed mags.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today can burn your ass tomorrow!

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smg-45
    This may be a stupid question, but are you sure that you have a double feed bolt. I have seen these kits mixed with double feed bolts/ single feed mags, and single feed bolts/ double feed mags.

The double feed mags work with the single feed bolt. The rpb mags he described are double feed it should work with both bolts.

The single feed bolts are not reliable enough with a double feed mag for me. I had plenty of issues trying to do the double feed mags with one, so I converted the single feed bolt to double feed.

Cheap Original 9mm MAC10 mags- Hmmmm I hear the tooth fairy bought them all up and will give you one if your a good boy!

Sucks price wise. Sometimes you can find some for $100-$150 each. I had a chance to buy 5 of them last year for $550. GULP! Could not do it!

Got a couple 32rd double feed mags from www.usmachinegun.com/ and played with them a bit. They now work pretty good. Web site has them at $66 for 2

Better link http://www.usmachinegun.com/products.php?cat=52 #3 on the page!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cfe738
    Cheap Original 9mm MAC10 mags- Hmmmm I hear the tooth fairy bought them all up and will give you one if your a good boy!

Sucks price wise. Sometimes you can find some for $100-$150 each. I had a chance to buy 5 of them last year for $550. GULP! Could not do it!

Got a couple 32rd double feed mags from www.usmachinegun.com/ and played with them a bit. They now work pretty good. Web site has them at $66 for 2

Better link http://www.usmachinegun.com/products.php?cat=52 #3 on the page!
    I didn't use the word cheap, I know they are not...if originals work they are worth it to me. Thanks for the link.

Although they are expensive I think of things like the mags as sort of an investment. I doubt if I will keep them the rest of my life and will someday sell them, so in effect I'm leasing them.

Of course like stocks these type "investments" can go down in value. During the 1994 ban I paid $104.00 for a 32-round 9mm UZI mag, I can remember the dealer telling me "you will never see these again". Yep, same ones you can buy for $9.00 now.

I didn't use the word cheap, I know they are not...if originals work they are worth it to me. Thanks for the link.

Although they are expensive I think of things like the mags as sort of an investment. I doubt if I will keep them the rest of my life and will someday sell them, so in effect I'm leasing them.

Of course like stocks these type "investments" can go down in value. During the 1994 ban I paid $104.00 for a 32-round 9mm UZI mag, I can remember the dealer telling me "you will never see these again". Yep, same ones you can buy for $9.00 now.

I hear you there brother! I have ONE walther mag. I never use it. I used my modified mags. Seeing how nobody makes these mags anymore and that they are rare to begin with. I would wage a good bet they wont go down. If I was to find 1-2 at a $100ish I would snag them right now!

LIBERAL POLICIYS

UZI Talk Supporter
    My NIB KG-9 came with factory supplied Walther MP-9mm mags. I later modified them to fit both KG-9 and M10. Therefore, I would assume all Interdynamic / IntraTech (kg-9, kg-99, Tec-9, DC-9, AB-10) mags will have similar fitment, requiring minor grinding of the front weld block to fit M10's. (Not including the "stamped and bent mag catch" US Magazine model), the factory made interdynamic/intratech mags are fairly well constructed and doable IMO.

UZI Talk Supporter

Suomi mags

I have a pile of Suomi mags that I bought from TAPCO for like $5.00 each new. (a few years ago) They are VERY similar to the M10/9mm mags and cheap. Looks like all that would be required is to mill off the front pad and rear catch and spot weld a strip of steel on the back. I'm sure its been done.

The Suomi follower's and springs are a perfect fit in my M10/9mm aftermarket mags, after some of this snow melts I'm going to give them a try.

I have a pile of Suomi mags that I bought from TAPCO for like $5.00 each new. (a few years ago) They are VERY similar to the M10/9mm mags and cheap. Looks like all that would be required is to mill off the front pad and rear catch and spot weld a strip of steel on the back. I'm sure its been done.

The Suomi follower's and springs are a perfect fit in my M10/9mm aftermarket mags, after some of this snow melts I'm going to give them a try.
    Do a search on this site, someone has detailed pics of how to do it...

+ Reply to Thread