UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Source for original 32 rd 9mm M10 magazines?

  1. #1
    UZI Talk Supporter
    ferndog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    371

    Source for original 32 rd 9mm M10 magazines?

    I have a 9mm conversion kit in my .45 caliber PS M10, the mags I bought from Cobray including an "original" 36 rounder don't feed.

    I would like to buy one "real" original M10 9mm Walther 32 round magazine to try if it works I'll buy more. The genuine original mag I am looking for has a 32 round capacity with a silver metal follower and is marked MP 9mm.

    Suggestions?

    Thanks fer lookin'

  2. #2
    Registered User LawBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ferndog1
    I have a 9mm conversion kit in my .45 caliber PS M10, the mags I bought from Cobray including an "original" 36 rounder don't feed.

    I would like to buy one "real" original M10 9mm Walther 32 round magazine to try if it works I'll buy more. The genuine original mag I am looking for has a 32 round capacity with a silver metal follower and is marked MP 9mm.

    Suggestions?

    Thanks fer lookin'
    Oh man...

    They are $195 on www.Autoweapons.com go to Mac10 parts or something

    other than that, you will find them here or there for $120-$160 or so when people choose to sell them.

    Occasionally you will find them on GunBroker.com


    see: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...hlight=walther

  3. #3
    FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    nayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by ferndog1
    I have a 9mm conversion kit in my .45 caliber PS M10, the mags I bought from Cobray including an "original" 36 rounder don't feed.

    I would like to buy one "real" original M10 9mm Walther 32 round magazine to try if it works I'll buy more. The genuine original mag I am looking for has a 32 round capacity with a silver metal follower and is marked MP 9mm.

    Suggestions?

    Thanks fer lookin'
    The reason the mags are not feeding may be because your mag catch is not adjusted right it may need to be cut to fit the mags.
    _________________________
    Does not play well with others

  4. #4
    UZI Talk Supporter
    smg-45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,215
    This may be a stupid question, but are you sure that you have a double feed bolt. I have seen these kits mixed with double feed bolts/ single feed mags, and single feed bolts/ double feed mags.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today can burn your ass tomorrow!

  5. #5
    FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    nayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by smg-45
    This may be a stupid question, but are you sure that you have a double feed bolt. I have seen these kits mixed with double feed bolts/ single feed mags, and single feed bolts/ double feed mags.

    The double feed mags work with the single feed bolt. The rpb mags he described are double feed it should work with both bolts.
    _________________________
    Does not play well with others

  6. #6
    Registered User Shattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Coast
    Posts
    2,180
    The single feed bolts are not reliable enough with a double feed mag for me. I had plenty of issues trying to do the double feed mags with one, so I converted the single feed bolt to double feed.

  7. #7
    Registered User cfe738's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Cheap Original 9mm MAC10 mags- Hmmmm I hear the tooth fairy bought them all up and will give you one if your a good boy!

    Sucks price wise. Sometimes you can find some for $100-$150 each. I had a chance to buy 5 of them last year for $550. GULP! Could not do it!

    Got a couple 32rd double feed mags from www.usmachinegun.com/ and played with them a bit. They now work pretty good. Web site has them at $66 for 2

    Better link http://www.usmachinegun.com/products.php?cat=52 #3 on the page!

  8. #8
    UZI Talk Supporter
    ferndog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by cfe738
    Cheap Original 9mm MAC10 mags- Hmmmm I hear the tooth fairy bought them all up and will give you one if your a good boy!

    Sucks price wise. Sometimes you can find some for $100-$150 each. I had a chance to buy 5 of them last year for $550. GULP! Could not do it!

    Got a couple 32rd double feed mags from www.usmachinegun.com/ and played with them a bit. They now work pretty good. Web site has them at $66 for 2

    Better link http://www.usmachinegun.com/products.php?cat=52 #3 on the page!
    I didn't use the word cheap, I know they are not...if originals work they are worth it to me. Thanks for the link.

    Although they are expensive I think of things like the mags as sort of an investment. I doubt if I will keep them the rest of my life and will someday sell them, so in effect I'm leasing them.

    Of course like stocks these type "investments" can go down in value. During the 1994 ban I paid $104.00 for a 32-round 9mm UZI mag, I can remember the dealer telling me "you will never see these again". Yep, same ones you can buy for $9.00 now.

  9. #9
    Registered User cfe738's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by ferndog1
    I didn't use the word cheap, I know they are not...if originals work they are worth it to me. Thanks for the link.

    Although they are expensive I think of things like the mags as sort of an investment. I doubt if I will keep them the rest of my life and will someday sell them, so in effect I'm leasing them.

    Of course like stocks these type "investments" can go down in value. During the 1994 ban I paid $104.00 for a 32-round 9mm UZI mag, I can remember the dealer telling me "you will never see these again". Yep, same ones you can buy for $9.00 now.

    I hear you there brother! I have ONE walther mag. I never use it. I used my modified mags. Seeing how nobody makes these mags anymore and that they are rare to begin with. I would wage a good bet they wont go down. If I was to find 1-2 at a $100ish I would snag them right now!

    LIBERAL POLICIYS

  10. #10
    UZI Talk Supporter
    gocargo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    524
    My NIB KG-9 came with factory supplied Walther MP-9mm mags. I later modified them to fit both KG-9 and M10. Therefore, I would assume all Interdynamic / IntraTech (kg-9, kg-99, Tec-9, DC-9, AB-10) mags will have similar fitment, requiring minor grinding of the front weld block to fit M10's. (Not including the "stamped and bent mag catch" US Magazine model), the factory made interdynamic/intratech mags are fairly well constructed and doable IMO.

  11. #11
    UZI Talk Supporter
    ferndog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    371

    Suomi mags

    I have a pile of Suomi mags that I bought from TAPCO for like $5.00 each new. (a few years ago) They are VERY similar to the M10/9mm mags and cheap. Looks like all that would be required is to mill off the front pad and rear catch and spot weld a strip of steel on the back. I'm sure its been done.

    The Suomi follower's and springs are a perfect fit in my M10/9mm aftermarket mags, after some of this snow melts I'm going to give them a try.

  12. #12
    Registered User LawBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ferndog1
    I have a pile of Suomi mags that I bought from TAPCO for like $5.00 each new. (a few years ago) They are VERY similar to the M10/9mm mags and cheap. Looks like all that would be required is to mill off the front pad and rear catch and spot weld a strip of steel on the back. I'm sure its been done.

    The Suomi follower's and springs are a perfect fit in my M10/9mm aftermarket mags, after some of this snow melts I'm going to give them a try.
    Do a search on this site, someone has detailed pics of how to do it...

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by nayo View Post
    The reason the mags are not feeding may be because your mag catch is not adjusted right it may need to be cut to fit the mags.
    I am really, really sorry to reanimate an old thread, but is there somewhere I can get additional information on magazine catch and feeding issues as noted in the quote above?

    I am working with an M10/45 with a Lage upper and it appears that the bolt is dragging across the top of the magazine and slowing things down. Once it feeds the first round it runs like a clock, but I have to release the bolt many times to get the first round to feed. I think mag catch adjustment may be necessary...but before I go cutting and grinding on tings, I'd like to see some additional info.

    I think this may also be a similar issue to a long barrel upper and my M10/9 that I never resolved and simply sold off the upper! I noticed after the gun would fire 3 to 5 rounds then stop and Fail to fire (with light primer strike) that the bolt had been dragging across the feed lips of the magazine. With the stock upper that comes with it, it runs like a clock, but I would like to be able to run other uppers on this gun and it just does not appear that I will be able to do so.

    So hopefully you wizards can help me kill two birds with one stone....

  14. #14
    Registered User LawBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,281
    Don't file mags. File the mag catch a little so (all) the mags sit a little lower

    Also, are u using gg mags or modified gg mags?

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    S. Fl.
    Posts
    529
    Before you file on the mag catch, if you have access to a MAC 10 9mm mag catch try it. the 9mm catch will lower the mag about 1/16 th an inch.

  16. #16
    Registered User LawBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkcollector View Post
    Before you file on the mag catch, if you have access to a MAC 10 9mm mag catch try it. the 9mm catch will lower the mag about 1/16 th an inch.
    He said he has a 45. My Guess is that you have a "mod gg" (factory) mag catch and are using gg mags.

    Get a gg mag catch and it will lower the mags. Or file it 1/32. I'd order one from Lage.

  17. #17
    Registered User Shattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Coast
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by cfe738 View Post
    I hear you there brother! I have ONE walther mag. I never use it. I used my modified mags. Seeing how nobody makes these mags anymore and that they are rare to begin with. I would wage a good bet they wont go down. If I was to find 1-2 at a $100ish I would snag them right now!

    LIBERAL POLICIYS
    Why, for heavens sake? It's only a mag and the correct one at that. Unless you think someone might take off with it? I know it's a resurrected thread...just couldn't see the logic there.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    S. Fl.
    Posts
    529

    MAC-10 Mag Catches

    These are the MAC-10 Mag Catches I have. They are from the 80s so I guess they are for modified GG mags and early type 9MM mags.
    Attached Images  

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Paso Del Norte
    Posts
    205
    [QUOTE=ferndog1;435750]I have a pile of Suomi mags that I bought from TAPCO for like $5.00 each new. (a few years ago) They are VERY similar to the M10/9mm mags and cheap. Looks like all that would be required is to mill off the front pad and rear catch and spot weld a strip of steel on the back. I'm sure its been done.

    Eric Nolan from Autowerkes used to modify the Suomi mags. The Scherer mags work decently and pop up on GB. Last source other than Autoweapons for Walther mags was Cobray. They are out of stock.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.