UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AK-47 Full Auto Parts Kit

AK-47 Full Auto Parts Kit

I was doing a gunbroker search for AK-47s, and ran across this parts set:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=168376566

It says it has all of the full auto parts that were not included in the semi-auto. Is it legal to be in possession of these parts, or do they fit the law's definition of a machine gun conversion kit?

That stuff comes in every ak parts kit? Yes you can have or sell but if you take your ak and put an extra hole in it to take the parts, you will be sent to the pokey

It is my understanding, however that possession of a combination of parts intended to convert a gun into a machine gun is illegal. Why doesn't this fit that definition?

These are parts from the original AK Part kit. Once you build your 922(r) compliant semi AK, these are left over and most people just toss them away. Having these parts (they are not conversion kit by definition) will not make your AK full auto which requires more doing to get it to go happy.

These are just part, not the controlled or defined part as firearms.

UZI Talk Life Member
    One reason the AK parts differ from M-16 parts is that it is extremely hard to convert an AK. There are some milling that needs done and the holes hve to be drilled. It can be done but it's not drop in like the AR is.
    ''If We Aren't Supposed To Eat Animals''. ''Why Are They Made Of Meat''?

"Don't Tell Me the Sky's the Limit When There Are Footpirnts on the Moon" (unknown)

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    Quote Originally Posted by piratesover40
    One reason the AK parts differ from M-16 parts is that it is extremely hard to convert an AK. There are some milling that needs done and the holes hve to be drilled. It can be done but it's not drop in like the AR is.
    Having converted both, I would say the AK is easier. The AR is not drop-in either, for a correct conversion. Up until the last decade, the problem with the AK was finding the parts. Now the parts are easy to find.
    NFA Firearms: In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

Quote Originally Posted by geeko9mm
    These are parts from the original AK Part kit. Once you build your 922(r) compliant semi AK, these are left over and most people just toss them away. Having these parts (they are not conversion kit by definition) will not make your AK full auto which requires more doing to get it to go happy.

These are just part, not the controlled or defined part as firearms.
    So then, if you have the parts kit and an assembled AK, that isn't considered a crime?

my personal preference will be to tossed away the full auto parts for all my builds.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnut
    So then, if you have the parts kit and an assembled AK, that isn't considered a crime?

Yes !5/15 is the penalty but there have been cases where pleas have been done on 1st timers to porbation and $4000.

"Don't Tell Me the Sky's the Limit When There Are Footpirnts on the Moon" (unknown)

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Having converted both, I would say the AK is easier. The AR is not drop-in either, for a correct conversion. Up until the last decade, the problem with the AK was finding the parts. Now the parts are easy to find.
    Whatever one hole for GI auto sear+parts kit with push in roll pins. AK two holes drilled one slot milled in guide rail right side, break or grind off saftey stop, rivets not push pins, then you have to cut new dent in the exact spot it needs to be cause Euro and Combloc guns FA is always 1st not like the US. I had a AK47S Polytech converted in '85 I know what it went thru.

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    Whatever one hole for GI auto sear+parts kit with push in roll pins. AK two holes drilled one slot milled in guide rail right side, break or grind off saftey stop, rivets not push pins, then you have to cut new dent in the exact spot it needs to be cause Euro and Combloc guns FA is always 1st not like the US. I had a AK47S Polytech converted in '85 I know what it went thru.
    Pretty much wrong on all points, but thanks for playing.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Like I said I watched the C2/SOT do the wole operation.

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    Like I said I watched the C2/SOT do the wole operation.
    Like I said, I have done both, several times, recently. Not watched one once, 25 years ago.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Pretty much wrong on all points, but thanks for playing.
    What he said. The AK is easy but as always NFA rules and so on. Having the parts is fine. Having a AK that the part will fit in is not. No hole in the extra Y !

FA FCG ok as long as no holes drilled in any receiver......just the way it is with an AK. Third hole in the receiver with or without the FA parts gets you a heap-o-trouble....

or there are a few a dias for the ak now ( for dealers ), ive only seen pics on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkrinker
    or there are a few a dias for the ak now ( for dealers ), ive only seen pics on the net.
    That Would be a waste of cash for any class 2

DON'T HAVE the F/A parts, conversion templates/info., and an AK. If you have all 3 you WILL be found to be in "constructive possession of an illegal machinegun". Also be aware that certain MAK-90's came into the country with the no-no mods. already done and a rivet thru the auto sear 3rd hole in the reciever. ATF position is once that hole is there it's a MG no matter if the hole has a rivet, has been welded up, whatever, they don't care.

AND....your BATF Agents and rules which they seem to make by the moment
    will not be friendly nor understanding when you possess both the F/A parts and an AK even if they are not installed. Owning a F/A weapon and getting legal demands doing it the right way. Paperwork, law enforcement check and signature and a $200 tax stamp and a wait that could entail months. Any other shortcut is putting your hind end in danger of a long stay in a Federal Pokey and thousands of bucks...Just learn to bump fire,

+ Reply to Thread