UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the standard thread size on mac 10

What is the standard thread size on mac 10

What is the standard thread on a mac 10 9mm? I'm looking at getting a suppressor - need to know what the standard barrel thread as I would like to have a can that screws right on - no attachments needed.

3/4-10 for the MAC10/9 or M11/9
    7/8-9 for the MAC10/45.

If you get one of these, you will need to have some way to hold the can on securely. It will loosen when you shoot, and it will be out of alignment and you will get baffle strikes.

Use a cover so you can physically hold the can on tight with your off hand.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Garret's correct as usual. 3/4x10 tpi for the MAC-10/9 or the M11/9.

Personally, I'd go with a can that features interchangeable mounts like the Bowers CAC-9 or the Coastal MIMS. Get a 1/2 x28 tpi threaded endcap and have the tip of your existing MAC-10 9mm barrel threaded for this pitch. You can buy the coarse 3/4x10 pitch mount and buy a different size at a later date with either of these systems.

Hopefully Garrett will post a photo of his set up. I think it's the best way to go due to the coarse MAC thread pattern which will allow the can to easily unscrew risking a baffle strike.

Bowers CAC-9

Coastal MIMS.

does anyone make a 1/2 x 28 threaded barrel for the mac 10

we offer a double threaded mac-10 9mm barrel with the standard 3/4x10 and 1/2x28 threaded on the tip. Or you can send us your barrel and we will thread it to 1/2x28.
    http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...rod=M10U-93410

contact me if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG
    Get a 1/2 x28 tpi threaded endcap and have the tip of your existing MAC-10 9mm barrel threaded for this pitch. You can buy the coarse 3/4x10 pitch mount and buy a different size at a later date with either of these systems.

Hopefully Garrett will post a photo of his set up. I think it's the best way to go due to the coarse MAC thread pattern which will allow the can to easily unscrew risking a baffle strike.
    Here ya go. This is a factory barrel on a standard upper next to an un-mounted barrel with the double-threads. As Vegas notes, this barrel gives the option of using a can with either style of threads.

I had mine done by a company that is now out of business. This would be what USMG would do for you if you wanted.

Here is my Bowers can mounted on the 1/2-28 threads.

Thanks for taking the time to show me the pics - I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    3/4-10 for the MAC10/9 or M11/9
    7/8-9 for the MAC10/45.

If you get one of these, you will need to have some way to hold the can on securely. It will loosen when you shoot, and it will be out of alignment and you will get baffle strikes.

Use a cover so you can physically hold the can on tight with your off hand.
    Could you use some type of lock washer to secure barrel accessories? Do you happen to know the size? I dont think the Home Depot manager will like me testing sizes in the hardware isle.

UZI Talk Supporter

If you buy a Gemtech Viper it comes with the secure Rachet teeth feature that uncouples quickly but won't loosen.

Guy

I use the 3-lug AWC Agenda Six. Stays secure.

+ Reply to Thread