UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 6 16 19 LastLast

Thread: Suomi Drum / M11 (RO) Conversion

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrM4
    AKA : Demil Tool?
    No. It's a high precision, variable speed, multi-attachment, fabrication apparatus.
    Signature

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37
    Vegas...you didn't even shoot that cool as all get out Lage upper and your already collecting drums and coffin mags???

Jake
    I fondled it almost a year ago. Unlike the SCA upper, it's a nice bit of kit huh?!
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    The reweld went smooth tonight. The new mixing ramp is %100. It alternates the rounds perfectly.

I loaded 140 rounds stripped them by hand 2x. It still was not perfect but there were no jams in the tower. The first 20 + rounds stripped hesitated to pop up. I will go to Home Depot tonight and look at zip ties to line the inside of the drums. It's the last part of the puzzle before live fire testing.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32
    The reweld went smooth tonight. The new mixing ramp is %100. It alternates the rounds perfectly.

I loaded 140 rounds stripped them by hand 2x. It still was not perfect but there were no jams in the tower. The first 20 + rounds stripped hesitated to pop up. I will go to Home Depot tonight and look at zip ties to line the inside of the drums. It's the last part of the puzzle before live fire testing.
    Good luck with it. I'm curious about how many rounds need to be ejected before it takes off. With mine, it seemed to need to kick out 15-20 before it would run well. Even if you need to strip 20-30 rounds, you'll have custom made 110-120 round drum!
    Signature

UZI Talk Life Member
    medphys,
    I just figured out what you meant by sore thumb. I actually have been using my index finger to strip the rounds out as the drum is lying face up on the ground. I've now stripped about 500 rounds tonight with my index finger and it is sore!

greenpeas,
    I'm glad you are going to try it. I think I'll get a couple more drums and try the single drum conversion too. If I can get one or two working, I wonder if anyone might buy it so I can recoup the cost of the project?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I volunteered to build one for another member if I get mine running. He is supplying the magazine and drum. I think once I work the bugs out, it should be much less labor intensive to assemble one. Hopefully...
    Signature

FFL 07/02
    UZI Talk Life Member
    most likly some one here would.

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32
    I will go to Home Depot tonight and look at zip ties to line the inside of the drums.
    Look in the section that has the HVAC ducting. The heavy duty long ones should be there