UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sentinel Corp. 22 conversion kit

Sentinel Corp. 22 conversion kit

Has anyone had any experience with the 22 conversion kits manufactured by Sentinel Corp. in the 1980s for the M10

UZI Talk Life Member
    http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...75&printitem=1

Never heard of it before today.
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.

Thats the one. It looks like a workable design and something interesting to have. I think I'm going to try and get one to work. However, I'm looking for any tips/suggestions before I go live.

Several are for sale on funbrocker from the same guy. I have two kits myself. It is a hit or miss on how they work.

thats were I purchased mine. I bought one that is finished and one that is a fixeruper. What kind of issues did you have with yours? When you say hit or miss are you talking about the function of the kit or you aim??haha

UZI Talk Supporter
    Steve Vanvoorhees was a prominent gunsmith in the Daytona Beach area during the 70's and 80's. He had a nice collection of WWII NFA (Thompson,Grease Gun and BAR), but I never knew he did anything with MACs. I have no knowledge if these conversion kits work, but when my class 2 comes back from vacation, I will ask him. My class 2 is big into MACs, having bought a large amount of Powder Springs guns and parts at the first MAC auction.

skypilot1991, hit or miss was if it worked. My .45 kit works better than my 9mm kit. I think it is the bigger round has more recoil and blows the bolt back better.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC MAN
    skypilot1991, hit or miss was if it worked. My .45 kit works better than my 9mm kit. I think it is the bigger round has more recoil and blows the bolt back better.

don't the 45 and 9 conv kits both still use 22 ammo? Do you think hotter 22 works better to blow the bolt back?

You are right. I think the .45 kit is heavyer and works better with the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo Williams
    Steve Vanvoorhees was a prominent gunsmith in the Daytona Beach area during the 70's and 80's. He had a nice collection of WWII NFA (Thompson,Grease Gun and BAR), but I never knew he did anything with MACs. I have no knowledge if these conversion kits work, but when my class 2 comes back from vacation, I will ask him. My class 2 is big into MACs, having bought a large amount of Powder Springs guns and parts at the first MAC auction.
    is it john boy at the port?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stenmark2
    is it john boy at the port?
    No clue what that means?

the only difference between the 45 and 9 kit is the barrel sleeve and magazine sleeve. They both use the same bolt, bolt sleeve, magazines and boosters (floating chamber)

I'd say the biggest issue is if the magazine catch slit is in the correct spot so it will feed properly. I have had little to no luck with mine and it has all been due to feeding issues.

What magazine do these use?

+ Reply to Thread