UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AC556K front sights available

Well just called and spoke with Dianne at numrich

she said they are all out and have no idea when or IF they will be getting more in. The only thing she did say was to check back in 30 days.

same thing the website said but I thought we may get lucky.

oh well, it was worth a shot

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ateamrob
    Well just called and spoke with Dianne at numrich

she said they are all out and have no idea when or IF they will be getting more in. The only thing she did say was to check back in 30 days.

same thing the website said but I thought we may get lucky.

oh well, it was worth a shot

Rob
    Tks Rob - I bet the picklesmoocher shows up on ebay or gunbroker soon - The dirty dog.

I bet your right dbailey

Banned
    Thanx for trying ateamrob.

I've got one of those too, consider yourself extremely lucky, I paid quite a bit more than that. But thats how it goes, I've been watching Numrichs site for ages and jumped on buying 5 of the OEM pistol grips about 6 months ago and they still have them for sale. I just bought two rocker arm assemblies from them as well. They actually do get parts in from time to time.
    It is odd that they did not list them as being non-factory but they may have thought that it was an original design from the pre 191 series.

The sight I have is stainless and is supposedly from Briklee/Fed Ord./? , it is very well made, yet definitely different than my AC's original sight.
    The history on the origins of Briklee is here, http://www.pacificcanvasandleather.com/about_us.htm

From that company, Pacific Canvas and Leather, I was told that all of Briklees leftover inventory was acquired by Sarco when Briklee went out. Sarco told me they sold out of all the Briklee parts many years ago.

All in all, its a very nice sight, they show up for sale periodically for around $200 plus.

Hey CLC, how about that range report on the sight heights??

Waaaay to cold here in pa

Range report postponed until it warms up here in western Pa. 19 degrees with 6 inches of snow won't cut it. Will update in a few months.

Anybody that got one or more of these want to sell one? Will pay a premium of course, just not intrested in the $200 the guy on ebay wants.
    If so, contact me....Thanks

Tony
    SBD Mfg.
    Kokomo In.
    FFL/SOT/02 Mfg

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sorry to bring back this old thread but it’s for a good purpose...

If anyone can loan me a spare ac556k front sight for a couple days I can create the part in 3D CAD and then have the file 3D printed in steel (or aluminum) as many as wanted. They will be exact reproductions.

I’ll make a thread showing the 3D steps used to create the part. I think it would be cool, plus I’ll get a printed sight I can use to make my eventual SBR clone.

If anyone loans the sight I’ll send their part back within one week and 2-3 weeks later they’ll have a spare part free of charge.

I’m willing and able. Based on size I’d guess they would cost around $85 (max) each to print in steel, most likely $65.
    Last edited by Hey...; 08-28-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Price guess

Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Sorry to bring back this old thread but it痴 for a good purpose...

If anyone can loan me a spare ac556k front sight for a couple days I can create the part in 3D CAD and then have the file 3D printed in steel (or aluminum) as many as wanted. They will be exact reproductions.

I値l make a thread showing the 3D steps used to create the part. I think it would be cool, plus I値l get a printed sight I can use to make my eventual SBR clone.

If anyone loans the sight I値l send their part back within one week and 2-3 weeks later they値l have a spare part free of charge.

I知 willing and able. Based on size I壇 guess they would cost around $85 (max) each to print in steel, most likely $65.
    Hey...,
    I'll buy two. I've been trying to buy one for an SBR project and haven't had any luck finding a REAL front sight, at least for a reasonable price.
    All of the current ones on the market look like garbage, I think you'll be able to sell a lot if they are good quality.

+ Reply to Thread