UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luis Carlos Galan assassination photo - chrome mini uzis?

UZI Talk Supporter

Luis Carlos Galan assassination photo - chrome mini uzis?

white looking for "uzi in action" pics... stumbled across this 1989 image of the assassination of Columbian presidential candidate Luis Carlos Galan... his bodyguards had a mixture of mini uzis and MACs

dont those minis look like the body of them is silver/chrome??
    the picture comes from some spanish blog that i cant make heads or tails of, even through a babelfish translation but the article does focus on the "biography of the mini uzi" or something...
    link:
    http://unahogueraparaqueardagoya.blo...-mini-uzi.html

Years ago (1984),
    I ordered a half dozen standard size Uzi bolts for a collection of Uzi's I had, when I opened the package' my Uzi Bolts (Smg) were all bright stainless steel.
    I asked the Mfg (Group industries) what happened and they said my order got mixed up - they said I could keep the bolts in place of the carbon steel ones I'd ordered, just to help compensate them I turned around and ordered 10.5 inch matching stainless steel barrels.

I regret ever selling them as I've never seen anymore.

The stupid things we do when we're young.

Tetryl

UZI Talk Supporter
    maybe they got your oder messed up with one that was supposed to go to columbian bodyguards?

Administrator
    I just can't imaging the Columbians blinging out their Mini UZIs.

Hard to say about the photo. Lighting conditions are obviously bad. Could be the metal on the gun reflecting flash differently than the plastic grips.

Doesn't really matter too much what they were...are, it didn't help that candidate too much!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Mini Uzi on the right appears to be parkerized and the other firearm looks to me is a silver color Mac? The video shows the same result.

The bodyguard on the right also ran around the stage when he should have position himself to be able to jump in front of the candidate. The only two bodyguards with SMGs were the last to enter the stage…hmmm
    If you’re not willing to take a stand for the security of our liberty, you’re worthless beyond one vote...
    -BWsmg

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free”

They're nickeled plated. I seen a few in my wonderings and they were done as protection against humidity and sweat.

UZI Talk Life Member

Reflection from the camera flash?
    But then again...Most MACs I've seen were parkerized...(so much for the flash theory)
    I think that a Colombian body guard would trick their stuff out...Have you seen any of the pictures of confiscated Mexican drug lord pistols?
    Hmmmmmm...shiney

UZI Talk Life Member
    Click onto the link and watch the video. It will give you another view of both firearms…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ETd...eature=related
    Last edited by bwsmg; 12-09-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    If you’re not willing to take a stand for the security of our liberty, you’re worthless beyond one vote...
    -BWsmg

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free”

vector arms is selling stainless steel uzis. http://vectorarms.com/UZISS.html

UZI Talk Supporter

Not sure on the UZI but I had an original RPB MAC .45 that was a bright COLT blue. The history on those were when the Miltary contracts fell though on the MACS they tried to sell them to police depts. Not sure if they were suppose to be a carry gun to shoot people or club them to death When I sold it on GB awhile back, it was SO hard to take pictures of it because of the bright blue finish. They always came out with a chrome glare no matter what I did with lighting. I finally used next to no light and increased the exposure time. I have the same type problem with our bright blue/black fake can mounts as well. The flatter alum anodizing likes one light and the mount likes another.

Guy

UZI Talk Supporter
    2003 picture of Colombian drug lord Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela...

note the nickel plated mini

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeone
    2003 picture of Colombian drug lord Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela...

note the nickel plated mini
    Really, I was going to say just the opposite. Note that the two guns, which are likely the same, are so different in color. The one on the left is much lighter because it has much more light on it (as you can see from the men's faces.) Also, the mag is the same color as the gun, which also leads me to believe it's not nickle. I'd say this photo supports the idea that it's just lighting.

UZI Talk Supporter
    hmmm, great point.

part of me still wants to believe that there are columbian bad-asses running around the jungle with blinged out mini uzis though hahah

UZI Talk Life Member

Anybody notice these are closed bolt guns?
    Never having been a fan of the CB I'm not sure why?
    Looking for the highest ROF and maybe first shot accuracy, I guess?

Jack007
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Administrator
    Probably because they can more safely keep a round in the chamber and ready to go, instead of having the bolt closed on an empty chamber, or locked back in the open position like you would with an open bolt.

+ Reply to Thread