UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FNC rebuild - need advice

FNC rebuild - need advice

Hi!

My first post here. I will get my first FNC within 3 weeks. I really looking forward to it. I have never fired a "true" FNC before - only the AK5A and C. So I feel like a kid the day before Christmas

I will rebuild it and have the handguard you can see on the picture. Anyone here who has used that handguard? Problems to make it fit perhaps?

Best Regards from Sweden...

Last edited by Swede66; 02-11-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

The AK5 green handguards fit perfect.

Those black ones I have never seen before. They look very close to the green ones so they should fit.

Great to have more members from Sweden.

Remember that here is the US, we are hurting for FNC parts and AK5 stuff

If you ever come across anything AK5 or FNC that you could sell, PLEASE drop me a email. Green Mags, spare parts, anything!!!

Welcome to the site, and good luck on the build!!!
    Can you tell me about these experimental/trial (20 in 1.5x/AK5? and 20 in 3x/AK4?) scopes/mounts?

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/pdf/feb04.pdf

Tony

Thanks for the replies! I donīt know much about the sight in the article. What I do know is that a friend of mine who is a true expert on the AK5 told me it is "crap". I was interested in that sight myself but Iīm not anymore.

I think he told me that Norway uses or used them om there G3īs - I could be wrong though...

The reason I ask about the fitting issue for the handguard is that some people who knows more than me has told me that it is different from the green handguard that sits on the rifle know.

This handguard is not constructed in two halves - it is just one peice and might need extra gods to fit. It would be nice if anyone has tried this before me.

Regards

Swede,

Can you find out from your friend as to how many of each (1.5x/3x) were manufactured???

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by AGG
    Swede,

Can you find out from your friend as to how many of each (1.5x/3x) were manufactured???

Tony
    Sure! Iīll talk to him asap.

regards

UZI Talk Supporter
    Just going by the picture, that looks like AK5C. The AK5C is the modern "improved" version of the AK5/FNC and has several parts that are not interchangeable with the FNC. Among others, one of the things that changed was the gas block, and the gas block is one of the things that the FNC handguards attach to. I do not believe that you can put AK5C handguards on a FNC. AK5A and AK5B handguards do fit, however.

xm15e2s posted a detailed picture of his FNC with AK5 A/B handguards on it here -> http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58318

Check out where they connect to the gas block and you will see the differences in the handguards, and why I do not believe AK5C handguards will fit a FNC or older AK5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede66

regards
    Thanks, Swede!!!

Tony

regards
    Swede,

Any word???

Tony

regards
    Swede,

To the white phone!!!

Tony

He has been busy for some weeks now but I will meet him in 1-2 weeks I guess. I ask him then.

Regards

Swede,

Thanks, brother!!!

Tony

Swede,

Any update???

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by AGG
    Swede,

Any update???

Tony
    I just talked to my friend and he didīt know anything about that scope. He didīt know anything about how many that was made...

Sorry

Finally, it has arrived!

It took a long time and I think it is almost 2 years since I talked to the seller the first time. I had a AK5A in my hands that a friend wanted to sell to me but at the time I couldīt buy it. That rifle would have cost med about 1.500 USD...hmmm.

Anyway, this FNC is imported from the US for about 15 years ago. But it has a new barrel that is differtent from ordinary FNC-barrels - you can see the difference in front of the handguard. It is also treated with "Black-Nite" and that is even harder than chrome.

My plan is to mount i picatinny rail but till then that scope mount that is mounted now will due just fine.

Regards

By tgb1314 at 2011-03-09

By tgb1314 at 2011-03-09

By tgb1314 at 2011-03-09

By tgb1314 at 2011-03-09

Very nice! How is that scope base mounted?

Swede,

Thanks for getting back with me on the scopes!!!
    That FNC and setup are gorgeous.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by kubmiester
    Very nice! How is that scope base mounted?
    Thanks! The base is welded on.

There where someting wrong with the scope - it didīt hold zero. So I mounted something that works. My Aimpoint with 2 moa dot.

Have not tried the set-up yet but will tomorrow! I think it would be very good for IPSC-rifle wich is my plans for the rifle.

Iīm gonna change the ejector spring on the lokal army base here and then she is good to go. I have a mal-funktion in about 2 rounds of 40 or so...

In front of the receiver nothing is actually FNC on my rifle. Noticed that a while ago... good or bad?

By tgb1314 at 2011-03-15

By tgb1314 at 2011-03-15

Great pictures Swede!! I like the looks without the rear sight but is wondering why the rail isn't full length. The last picture had me taking a double take because it looked like a Sig ( Blasphemy for FNC lovers? )...in fact, eveytime I attend a gun show and see a Sig, I think it's an FNC and get excited.
    Last edited by dash; 03-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread