UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FNC mags

FNC mags

OK, I have looked and there is probably info on this, but how do you tell a factory FNC mag from other mags other than being steel. Are they marked some way? Are they the only ones that are made of steel? Do they use a standard follower? Thanks

See the link below for a picture. The base is different from a standard AR-15 mag - it pushes in/up on one end then slides out. The early ones have a steel follower and has the bump on the opposite side from American mfg ones and with no BHO, just a ramp to allow the bolt to close when the mag runs dry. The newer ones have plastic followers, but I'm not sure if the bump is on the same side as previous or not. You'll also notice that the stampings don't run all the way to the bottom...that's to allow the base to tip up when you take it apart.

I haven't seen markings on any that I have, but the ultra early ones may have had something. These and the HK steel mags are probably the best out there. P-mags work great too, but some people have had to do a little trimming on the older ones to get them to lock in. I don't even use steel/alum mags in the FNC now, it's all P-mag.

http://elementarms.secure-mall.com/i...d-Magazine-209

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=221294976

Thanks

Thanks Dash, That answers my questions.

+ Reply to Thread