UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Good / Bad Are The Century UC-9 Centurion 9mm Uzi's ??

How Good / Bad Are The Century UC-9 Centurion 9mm Uzi's ??

Does anyone have any experience with these guns? I know Century gets a bad rap, but I've found otherwise with several AK's I've purchased. I'm much less familiar with the Uzi platform, and was wondering if anyone here owns and shoots one, and what kind of performance has it given you overall? Thanks in advance, Bill T.

Just my humble opinion, but I recommend you go for a Vector Uzi instead.....price is about the same or lower, better build quality (again -JMHO), and a five year warranty. They seem to have fewer problems than the CIA builds, and they take a few extra steps on the Global receivers to straighten them out (both are built on the Global receiver - at least recently). For example - look behind the grip pin on the receiver - CAI will usually have what looks like a Vice mark (part of the Global bending process) - Vector takes the extra time to press that out, as well as generally cleaning up the receiver. Also look at the sights - the sight wings are always cleaner on a Vector.

If you get the opportunity to look at them side by side - you will see a difference. I love my Vector - no problems at all in well over 1K rounds......

Good Luck....

I have one and have put only 100 rounds through it but it works fine. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with it and am pleased with my purchase.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ddmau View Post
    They seem to have fewer problems than the CIA builds, and they take a few extra steps on the Global receivers to straighten them out (both are built on the Global receiver - at least recently).
    Vector uses the Group Industries receivers, not the Global receivers. The Global receivers that CAI uses are better than the Group Industries receivers, but CAI build quality is less consistant than the Vector build quiality. Both guns will provide a lifetime of shooting fun, both guns have sometimes have glitches and need work done by the manufacturer to straighten them out, the Vector will always be considered to be a better gun and will retain a higher resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascetic View Post
    I have one and have put only 100 rounds through it but it works fine. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with it and am pleased with my purchase.
    Is your gun as clean as the guns that J&G Sales shows in their photographs? I live just a couple of hours from J&G Sales, and would take the drive up to buy one for the ability to inspect the gun myself before purchase. Bill T.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/4667

I had my uc9 shipped from J&G a month ago. Its just like the picture, I didnt really even need to clean it before I shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    Is your gun as clean as the guns that J&G Sales shows in their photographs? I live just a couple of hours from J&G Sales, and would take the drive up to buy one for the ability to inspect the gun myself before purchase. Bill T.
    Mine was when I got it. Now it looks a bit worse as I do not baby my weapons. I have put approx. 5k rds down range in the last 2 months with mine and have had ZERO issues with it so far... other than having to add a perm mount wood stock to meet MI's stupid AG's opinion but not written as law so better safe than sorry, requirements. I would not hesitate to purchase another one, as long as I got to go over it first. Of the five at my dealer I took the best of the bunch. Two of the others were binding on the bolt assy and would not go into battery without a solid smack on the charging handle. One simply would not do so at all. Maybe they just needed lube or to be broken in, but I figured why start out with a problem. The one I took was pretty dry at the dealers and it worked fine, with a bit of grease once I got home it is smooth as can be...

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    <Snip> Vector uses the Group Industries receivers, not the Global receivers......
    Yep ...you're right RoverDave......I meant to say Group Industries, not Global.....my mind was elsewhere - Brainfart.
    ....killed far-too many brain cells in my youth....

UZI Talk Supporter

UC9 fixed stock on sale

Got the SOG dealer flyer today and the fixed stock gun is on sale while supplies last for $595 with two mags
    Last edited by cgreen; 10-03-2011 at 11:09 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

+ Reply to Thread