UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can a FA lower be used in a semi build?

Can a FA lower be used in a semi build?

Title says it all. I am presently collecting parts for a semi auto carbine build. My question is that I noticed there are both semi and full auto lowers. Assuming I have a semi bolt and semi receiver can I use a full auto lower without risk of legal issues? I ask because I want to get an NDS receiver and it says it takes the FA lower frame without issue. However I am not completely clear on the legalities of the platform just yet, so I figured I would ask if this is kosher.

UZI Talk Supporter nutinauniversalshell's Avatar
    From what I understand the FA lower must be converted to semi by welding a bar in so that it cannot go into the auto position. Someone else should be able to add more on the topic though.

Quote Originally Posted by nutinauniversalshell View Post
    From what I understand the FA lower must be converted to semi by welding a bar in so that it cannot go into the auto position. Someone else should be able to add more on the topic though.
    This is correct, and you need to use a Semi sear instead of the Auto sear, so that it actually works correct.

Dieter

Yes it can with the modification stated above.
    The sear can be easily modified from FA to semi with a Dremel.
    I did it on my first build.

So if I am to understand this I need to weld? What exactly do I need to weld and how? I have no experience in such. Also how hard is it to install the sear? This is my first build.

Buy the complete receiver and all the instructions come with it on what to do. Asking here first is kind of pointless. NDS has excellent and proper instructions to build a legal gun. It's kind of a stretch to consider assembling a UZI as really building one. 5 minutes welding and cleaning the area, a few minutes changing the angle on the sear or buying one already done and the weapon is finished. Maybe an AR is easier, but, they are both pretty simple as far as really building is envolved. Good luck.
    Last edited by Realnutjob; 11-08-2011 at 11:56 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

yes you can

mine had a rr block already. i used a NDS rec. had a lil top cover fit issue, but its a simple build/ theres alot of info in the library
    Attached Images      

Yes, you can build one, and yes, what was said above about the lower is correct.

And, asking questions here first makes a lot of sense. You might as well know what you need to know before you start. There are people here who know how to build guns and will help you. Reading is your friend however, there is a LOT of info in the library here, one of the best sources on the net for Uzi info.

+ Reply to Thread