UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast

Thread: "The Mac Man" book in stock and shipping!!!!

"The Mac Man" book in stock and shipping!!!!

Not sure if an update was posted, but follow the link to place your order...

http://www.longmountain.com/store/books/?productid=2111

UZI Talk Supporter

$15.00 for shipping and handling!!!! Was about to order till I saw that...book rate for USPS is around $3.50

hotbrass
    Anyone else selling them. I hate these guys that charge $$$ for shipping a book. I bought a book from Powder Valley and they charged $12.50. I wrote them and they said that was the minimum shipping rate. No media rate. I told them to go fuck themselves.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I guess they need to buy more lube for "handling." Just another way to pump more money out of you. A friend of mine calls it the "reach around fee."

UZI Talk Supporter
    I emailed Dan because the high shipping cost has, in the past on the AK book, been a problem. Shipping is $5.25 if you order from this site; www.sadefensejournal.com

QUOTE: I don’t have a way to post there, can you post that www.sadefensejournal.com with $5.25 shipping please
    LMO- it makes us nuts, we can’t adjust the shipping no matter what we do… we have to change web hosting sites in order to lower costs…. And that costs about ten k to do, plus a huge amount of time.

Another option has $5.00 shipping. http://www.gunshowbooks.com/cgi-bin/...rodid=GS425824

UZI Talk Supporter
    For an extra .25 cents, I'll support the people who went to the trouble and expense to publish the book...Chipolte Publishing in additon to the MAC book, they also publish SAR and SADJ magazine website; www.sadefensejournal.com

hotbrass
    Thanks! I did!

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog1 View Post
    For an extra .25 cents, I'll support the people who went to the trouble and expense to publish the book...Chipolte Publishing in additon to the MAC book, they also publish SAR and SADJ magazine website; www.sadefensejournal.com
    Just ordered, that first link with 15 bucks shipping can SUCK IT

UZI Talk Life Member
    Regarding OP and the reason this thread was started, I just check shipping cost at LMO and it is $11.25 UPS. Therefore, the whole argument here is null as you can't compare UPS to USPS. I ship 1000's of packages a year. UPS / FedEx will beat USPS hands down for reliability.

Wow, people get really angry about shipping around here.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I have shipped USPS Media Mail before, it is cheap, but it can be VERY slow and the loss rate is pretty bad.

UZI Talk Life Member

Wow, people get really angry about shipping around here.
    Ya' think?
    Uh, no. Not really.

They're buying a fucking book! Not a wooden crate of ammo!

Jack007
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I could understand the anger if LMO was shipping these media rate and charging more but again it is UPS! UPS is more than USPS. Not taking sides with LMO. I would gladly pay for UPS as opposed to the media rate as you'll never get it otherwise.

Do they still charge that amount if you call as opposed to ordering online? Maybe ask if they can add the freight as a line item instead of in the freight box on the PO or however they work it That way they can put in whatever amount they want.
    Last edited by Wahnsinn; 01-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

shipping was 9.95 and there was a $4.00 "handling" charge added to the total.

I have a UPS account and can ship a long gun for $15.00 so $15.00 for a freaking book is a rip off. Quit trying to paint a turd.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I picked my copy up at LMO and chatted with Dan for 15 minutes and came to the conclusion that world peace is still a long ways away.

Very, very nice work Frank! Thanks for telling the story and clearing many things up. This is a beautiful 500+ page hard bound book and readers won't be disappointed. I'm falling in love with the little buzz guns all over again. I promise that after you have a copy in your hands you'll quickly forget what you paid for the book and shipping.

Additional thanks for those people, (including a number of our members), for contributing photos and sharing their knowledge.

Meh... I'll end up picking it up at the Creek and have Frank sign it.... may as well keep the trend going. I already have Ballou's BAR book, Folke Myrvangs MG34/42 book, a bunch of Frank's books, all of Dolf's books and a first run copy of Unintended Consequences by Ross all signed.

UZI Talk Life Member

Just placed an order for 3.
    My Sex Life Is Like A Ferrari,I Don't Have A Ferrari.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog1 View Post
    I emailed Dan because the high shipping cost has, in the past on the AK book, been a problem. Shipping is $5.25 if you order from this site; www.sadefensejournal.com

QUOTE: I don’t have a way to post there, can you post that www.sadefensejournal.com with $5.25 shipping please
    LMO- it makes us nuts, we can’t adjust the shipping no matter what we do… we have to change web hosting sites in order to lower costs…. And that costs about ten k to do, plus a huge amount of time.
    Just ordered mine from www.sadefensejournal.com, I can handle $5.25 but $15 is a rip and I make a point of NOT using outfits that charge silly amounts.

+ Reply to Thread