UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Retro INGRAM RPB COBRAY MAC SWAT CASE

UZI Talk Life Member

Retro INGRAM RPB COBRAY MAC SWAT CASE

I'm a collector just like the next guy but $300, really? And to boot someone's bid on it...amazing.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=277993406

Looks like a soft gun case to me.
    Worth about 40 bux.
    Doesn't appear to be anything special.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'd give double what it's worth (which is $20 to $40) as a run of the mill soft gun case just because it is an original swat case made by MAC.

UZI Talk Supporter

Some of those cases had kevlar/bullet proof inserts and could be warn as vest

ive been looking for an original cobray swat bag , with the 4 yellow kevlar panels in it.

the only decent pic i could find with the panels partially puule out

Name:  MACSwatCase003.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  57.8 KB
    Last edited by zipakna; 03-18-2012 at 02:37 AM. Reason: add pic

UZI Talk Life Member
    Maybe that price would be more in line if it had the Kevlar panels.

I think that's my case in zipakna's pic. Anyway, heres another of it loaded with the goods. Notice the barrel extension in the pocket at the upper right of the case, and the mag loader at the upper left. Some of the pockets I couldn't figure out what went in them. Could be they are just 'accessory' pockets. And if you fold that top flap down, there is a Cobray snake patch on the other side of the flap.
    Those cases were never 'cheap'. I think when I bought mine 20 years ago +/- the case ran about $65, and the kevlar panels were well over that...something like between $130-180 or in that neighborhood.
    But I'm a collector, and I wanted the original stuff. And I thought all that MAC stuff was cool back then.
    If you are just looking for a case to carry your mac in you can do a lot better a lot cheaper. If you are into the history and collect mac stuff, the operators case is a pretty cool accessory to have.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I've got a case like yours but no kevlar inserts. I wonder if the inserts would have stopped a 9mm bullet?

holy crap. i was just looking for the page online i took that pic from. it also had a pic of the original ad for it.. this

Name:  MACSwatCase005.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  59.8 KB

But, while searching for this again, i stubled back to cobray.com and i finally noticed the pages 123 in the upper right. since theyve changed their web site i havent been able to find anything on it and just assumed they stopped selling stuff.. well the bag AND the kevlar inserts are still available..

http://www.cobray.com/ACC_29_COBRAY_...E-details.aspx

http://www.cobray.com/ACC_30_SWAT_CA...S-details.aspx

buying now $356.50 for it all

Quote Originally Posted by zipakna View Post
    holy crap. i was just looking for the page online i took that pic from. it also had a pic of the original ad for it.. this

Attachment 20444

But, while searching for this again, i stubled back to cobray.com and i finally noticed the pages 123 in the upper right. since theyve changed their web site i havent been able to find anything on it and just assumed they stopped selling stuff.. well the bag AND the kevlar inserts are still available..

http://www.cobray.com/ACC_29_COBRAY_...E-details.aspx

http://www.cobray.com/ACC_30_SWAT_CA...S-details.aspx

buying now $356.50 for it all
    Now that's more like it. and it's new.

it goes on the want list, but not the need list.
    as I already have a SECOND CHANCE IIA kevlar vest.

Would make a better case then the denim/blue jean tool bag I'm using now.
    but then again the tool bag isn't out of place in public either.

Root i want it. i dont see that it has the cobray emblem on it. if its not on it and i want it later ill just sew on a patch.
    ive been wearing a vest to the range lately, with people going gun nuts and buying them up like crazy, some of these clowns are way too new to guns. one of the ranges i go to hasnt had a accidental discharge in over 15 years untill the last few months and theyve had 8 accidental discharges in the waiting area for the range.

(root you made me type my Linux Centos password after i typed your name in the beginging of this )
    Last edited by zipakna; 03-18-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spellings

(root you made me type my Linux Centos password after i typed your name in the beginging of this)

Yup that's where my user name comes from the *nix systems.
    I run slackware STD and knopix on a regular basis for serious work. And still have a SPARC/solaris system running.

I'd like one but like I said I already have the body armor covered so it would be a really expensive mac case for me. And does it have the same warranty that SECOND CHANCE has?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    (root you made me type my Linux Centos password after i typed your name in the beginging of this)

Yup that's where my user name comes from the *nix systems.
    I run slackware STD and knopix on a regular basis for serious work. And still have a SPARC/solaris system running.
    Huh? You guys are techies! Techies are some pretty fart smellers

I wouldn't use that old, old, old first generation kevlar inserts that are for the Cobray SWAT case in a real life situation. They are long past their lifespan at this point. Like I said, it's a cool accessory if you're into that sort of thing, but the functionality of the item is rather dubious today. It's more of a memorabilia thing today.
    Now if I could just find one of those Cobray wrist watches, my collection would be complete.

Now the watch I would find groovy.
    And ya I was thinking experation date also on the inserts.
    Now if they were replaced with IIIa trama, plates that would work.

Pretty smart smellers?
    LOL
    Remember with a real work station you don't need line of sight to hit your target un like a gun.

the case without the inserts came when I bought my M-11. I figured I would hang on to it for nostalgia. I didn't realize it accepted inserts till I saw it in the mac man book. I was wonder what you could store in the inside flap, turns out it's supposed to protect your junk when worn with the inserts.

UZI Talk Life Member

My case has a tag that reads "National Cartridge." It looks just like the case pictured above and has slots for the ballistic panels, but does not have the "Cobray" emblem. I guess mine is one of the cheap knock offs, but it is made well. It was given to me years ago.
    It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer135 View Post
    the case without the inserts came when I bought my M-11. I figured I would hang on to it for nostalgia. I didn't realize it accepted inserts till I saw it in the mac man book. I was wonder what you could store in the inside flap, turns out it's supposed to protect your junk when worn with the inserts.
    MAC made the only Kevlar protection "apron" that protects your balls from incoming rounds.

yeah it has the cobray logo in the inside flap. never knew it's use till i say the pictures in the book.

Ive examined a few examples of those old cases. All were made of low quality materials. A mac, suppressor, loaded mags and kevlar = 15# or so.
    I like the concept of a Mac case that holds everything. A heavy duty padded case with a heavy duty zipper and interior pouches not just Velcro straps would be better.
    right now I use a nail gun bag.

+ Reply to Thread