UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sling options for MAC-10s

Sling options for MAC-10s

Did the search, seems no one uses the holes on the sides of the rear sight and the front sight ears to mount a sling.

Unsure where I saw this being done, but saw it recently in a book or online. Thought it actually explained why the holes where there.

Anyone try this?

I see the lage stock on rails has a mount, but it would seem the rails would flex under the weight when extended.

Also see his folding stock has a sling mount, but when folded, seem like there would be issues using a sling.

Does the practical solutions mini uzi style stock have a sling mount at the hinge?

I use a single point I won in a 3 gun match.

See pix here http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...for-my-M-10-45

Works for me.

I don't know if I would want the weight of the gun on the sights or a rail.
    to prone to fail or warp with heavy abuse in comp. or real life situations.

NOT that my M/10 has been in either.
    But I have found when running against 80 other people in a match it's K.I.S.S.
    KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!

How is that single point attached root?

Would you be so kind and post us a another view of how it is attached?

UZI Talk Supporter

I have used the front and rear sight holes for sling attachment. When I bought my MAC 10 in the 80's I also bought a sling which had clip attachments at each end. I believe this was a Cobray option, but I am not sure. It worked ok, but I now find it too short.

Recently, I added a stock adaptor and an ACE ARUL stock, (link for picture: http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm...ategory_id=468). I threaded the sling through the butt attachment point, so the sling loops over the rear of the butt. The holes in the front sight “ears’ are the right size, or needed a slight adjustment, (don’t remember) to accept an Uncle Mike’s machine swivel screw. The screw had to be cut down, but there is enough thread for a good hold. The screw does not protrude into the sight picture. This set up lets me attach the front of the sling to the upper with an Uncle Mikes’ quick detachable swivel. Now I can use the same sling for either the .45 upper or the 22 uppe. This set up allows the gun to lay flat against the chest/stomach so you can transition to a handgun. Ok, it is not likely, but with them pesky Zombies conspiring against us, you never know. The .22 upper is pictured in this link: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...r/IMG_1122.jpg .

I ordered the web and fittings so the cost of the sling was cheap. If I had it to do again, I would put a disconnect between the sling attached to the butt and the rest of the sling. It would make cleaning easier and you would not have to readjust the sling if you wanted to run the gun slingless.

UZI Talk Supporter

Additional stuff. I on my M11 with Lage upper, I removed one of the screws that held the side rail on and replaced it with an Uncle Mike machine screw. You will have to cut the screw, but still enough thread for a good hold, especial with a thread locking liquid. Everythings else is the same as the MAC10, including the stock. This will also lay flat agains the body. The ACE folding adaptors have sling attachment points on them, but I never worried about using the sling with the stock folded. For me, if the stock is folded the gun is in transport or storage, when I am ready to shoot, I unfold the stock and sling up.

I've got an ARFX stock on my MAX-10/9'd M10/9. Being a right-handed shooter, I use the front-left-most screw hole for a sling mount with a Magpul MS3 (setup as a single point).

Better pic of it.

This is the setup from Sam @ PS he does the mini uzi stock conversion and it is very functional.
    Sling is midway but 100% identiacl to the blackhawk. Probably same sling diffrent name.

This setup works right or left handed. (I'm a lefty)

Okay, thanks!
    I never realized the Practical Solutions Folding Stock had this sling point attachment.

I am almost sold on this stock.
    I wonder how the PS Folding Stock would look with a Lage MAX-10/45?

Waiting on the email to pay for my Lage upper.
    Mrs. Jackie sent me an email on, March 5th, saying I am #19.
    With. "The current estimated wait is about 8 weeks."
    So, any day now...

I put a Viking Tactical sling on my MAX-11 the other day. Slings are damn clumsy. Perhaps I need to work on my technique.

I had a VTAC on my M10 in the factory configuration. I used the strap hanger and the top sling mount on the ARFX stock. I shot one stage with it, and then took it off the gun. The single point is *MUCH* better for me on the subgun. I still use VTAC's on my AR's, shotguns, and most other rifles however.

+ Reply to Thread