UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MPA 57sst

MPA 57sst

Has anyone played with MPA's new 5.7mm yet? Seems very interesting.

Nope but I'd like to see one in person to see what it would take to put it on my M/10.

It would be more a matter of price for my smith than anything.

IE making the bolt and if the pellet s will fit up the magwell/PG or if it needs to be fitted off of the side like my flemming subcal.
    and what type of mods made to the pistol mags(if they fit up the PG) or if the P90 mags would fit on top/or side and eject out the bottom...

GEEZE the more I type the more expensive this is sounding to me......

U would have to convert it. Change the magwell. It's a non starter.

I suggest a top mount 50 rd version a la ar57.

Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    U would have to convert it. Change the magwell. It's a non starter.

I suggest a top mount 50 rd version a la ar57.
    This...

I'd happily pay $1200 for a 5.7x28 M11/9 upper that takes P90 mags. It would turn the MAC into a whole new class of weapon. Or how about beltfed 5.7? You could probably fit 3-400 rounds in a reasonably sized ammo box.

I don't know about belt fed, but a top loading M10 upper in 5.7 sounds pretty awesome to me. Hmm, I wonder if you could make a wrap around bull pup stock to make it get a little P90 styling? (and by you, I mean someone with skill and talent, so someone like me, without both of those, could buy one)

With 5.7 ammo being such a pain to get hands on, I can't imagine there would be enough of a market for a company to mass produce a P90-mag based upper.

It strikes me more as a project for a custom shop/'smith to do a limited run or perhaps a "one off" or two.

Registered User AmishEskimoNinja's Avatar
    Well I don't know about an upper, but an $500 handgun that shoots 5.7 is pretty awesome. To my knowledge this is only one of three guns that shoot the caliber, and this is half the cost of the next cheaper one. So if you need a handgun with some serious piercing power, and don't want to spend a lot of money, this gun is for you...

Quote Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
    With 5.7 ammo being such a pain to get hands on, I can't imagine there would be enough of a market for a company to mass produce a P90-mag based upper.

It strikes me more as a project for a custom shop/'smith to do a limited run or perhaps a "one off" or two.
    THIS!!!!

And with the crap FN pulled about not selling anything other than the watered down version to civilians, I'd rather have a 22 mag. Now, I realize 22mag isn't on the table, but until it is, make mine a nine

Now....... someone makes a 5.56 or a 7.62 upper for my M11, they'll have my attention ...... and my munny

Yes.

Me want for m10

+ Reply to Thread