UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 4 14 15 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: Building a classic style MAC Operational Briefcase

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    Any chance you can post a link for us iMAC/iPad users.
    They can't see the embedded video? Here's the direct link to it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLq07Wf1GB8
    Last edited by Concorde; 11-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    They can't see the embedded video? Here's the direct link to it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2RzmfMhb4
    Thank you sir!
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Very cool! I want one now...

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forindooruseonly View Post
    I've considered maybe making a few more for other people like me who just like the novelty of it. I guess if I had the buyer send me a copy of their Form 4 showing that they have a registered SWD M11A1 machine gun they're going to use it with, that should be sufficient to stay on the right side of the law. It's certainly not worth getting in trouble over anything that's a gray area. The reason I started this thread was to make it easier for people who wanted to make their own.

You can't tell it from the video since I was so serious and safety-concerned during the testing, but afterwards, I was smiling BIG TIME!

Now it just needs an aiming device.... (how do you sight-in a briefcase anyway?)

There actually is plenty of room to mount a nice and powerful green laser directly under the gun....then just wire up a switch to the handle, or below near the trigger. Operational LASER briefcase. :-)

I know, a laser might not be authentic, but it would be much more practical.... for practice and such.

I've considered maybe making a few more for other people like me who just like the novelty of it. I guess if I had the buyer send me a copy of their Form 4 showing that they have a registered SWD M11A1 machine gun they're going to use it with, that should be sufficient to stay on the right side of the law. It's certainly not worth getting in trouble over anything that's a gray area. The reason I started this thread was to make it easier for people who wanted to make their own.

You can't tell it from the video since I was so serious and safety-concerned during the testing, but afterwards, I was smiling BIG TIME!
    If I only had a M11A1 I'd take you up on that. I think you pointed out earlier a M10/45 was too big with the suppressor, which is what i have. I'm going to start looking for an oversized briefcase now.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forindooruseonly View Post
    I think you pointed out earlier a M10/45 was too big with the suppressor
    An alternative of a "long briefcase" for an M11/9 or M10 with suppressor might be a musical instrument case, like for a trumpet. I'm not sure of the dimensions, but undoubtedly you could find one for some instrument that's suitable size.

It occured to me, what if you built one in a standard sized briefcase for an M11/9 or M10 *without* using a suppressor? It just means having the gun a little further forward and having to wear hearing protection. Not my personal preference, but I think that's the way the H&K MP5 briefcase is setup (no suppressor) and it could still be a fun show-off toy. I might build one like that for my M11/9 just for the heck of it.

...I might build one like that for my M11/9 just for the heck of it.
    ^^ THIS! ^^

If you do that (and make a few available for sale) I think I might just have to buy one!

UZI Talk Life Member
    An alternative of a "long briefcase" for an M11/9 or M10 with suppressor might be a musical instrument case, like for a trumpet. I'm not sure of the dimensions, but undoubtedly you could find one for some instrument that's suitable size.

oh shit.....I might have just found a use for my max31 upper with cac9 on it.
    72 rounds of suppressed guitar case goodness?
    now it really will be like the mariachis in desperado!

UZI Talk Life Member
    OK... if you want an Ops Briefcase for your suppressed M11A1 or an unsuppressed M11/9, I'll consider building a limited, consigned run of them. $550 for a briefcase setup like the one I used for my own project here. You can provide your own case for a custom build if you wish but the price would be the same since it would require new templates. You can pick the color of the lining material. You have to be able to show you have a registered SMG Mac (Form 3 or Form 4).

My company has an FFL 11/SOT/Class 3 in case we needed to have any other SMG/suppressor setup temporarily transferred here for fitting, but I'll do the M11A1s and M11/9 cases first since those are the two MACs that I have here.

Please keep requests out of the main thread -- PM me with your contact info if you're interested.

For an M11/9 build, do you have access to a Lage two piece molded grip?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzeraffe View Post
    For an M11/9 build, do you have access to a Lage two piece molded grip?
    Good thought... and yes, I do have one here I got with my MAX-11A upper; I could put it on the M11/9 for fitting if desired.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Good call on the Lage grip.

A couple of things with respect to the M11/9...

Will the actuator switch function with a Lage extended safety?
    Any problem for guns with extended mag releases?
    Without a suppressor, will the M11/9 be moved forward to the firing "port" on the side? I'm unclear how it will be held inside the case without a shortened faux suppressor or barrel extension for additional support.

I'd like to see a little more room for operating the cocking knob. I'd hate to have a stove pipe with the bolt released and feeding a fresh round into the chamber. My preference would be a little extra room to access the charging knob with my fat fingers to control the bolt before removing the gun from the case.

I'd like an upgrade option for a case that's sturdier than the thirty dollar one used. I don't need fancy, exotic skin, I just want a case that's durable over time and can hold up to full auto use. If you feel the hardware and overall construction is adequate, then disregard this request.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    A couple of things with respect to the M11/9...

1. Will the actuator switch function with a Lage extended safety?
    2. Any problem for guns with extended mag releases?
    3. Without a suppressor, will the M11/9 be moved forward to the firing "port" on the side? I'm unclear how it will be held inside the case without a shortened faux suppressor or barrel extension for additional support.

4. I'd like to see a little more room for operating the cocking knob. I'd hate to have a stove pipe with the bolt released and feeding a fresh round into the chamber. My preference would be a little extra room to access the charging knob with my fat fingers to control the bolt before removing the gun from the case.

5. I'd like an upgrade option for a case that's sturdier than the thirty dollar one used. I don't need fancy, exotic skin, I just want a case that's durable over time and can hold up to full auto use. If you feel the hardware and overall construction is adequate, then disregard this request.
    I'm not planning to turn this into a business nor make some just to stock for future sales... these that I build would all be custom like "one-offs" for the owner's configuration as much as practical, so 1, 2 and 4 and 5 are all doable. As to number 3, yes, the gun will be further forward so that the barrel stub is only slightly inset from the outside of the briefcase. There would still be a wood block/fixture for the small barrel stub just like there is for the suppressor in the one I already built. Actually, my M11A1 fits so firmly, I suspect (but I'm NOT going to try it!) that I could fire it without the suppressor and it would still work ok and not blow a hole in the side of briefcase beyond the current 5/8 opening.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Thanks for your thoughtful and prompt answers

Please don't think I'm don't appreciate your generous offer to build a very few of these cases for lucky bone heads like me. You've done a fantastic job, an it looks and functions wonderfully.

I started thinking about the accessories and doodads I have on my current M 11 nine. Honestly, the thought hadn't occurred to me that anything other than a bone stock gun may present problems during the case build, so I wanted clarification sooner rather than later. I just couldn't see most people removing extended mag releases, extended safeties, Lage grips, aftermarket cocking knobs etc. etc. to use the case now and then.

If I owned an original size/length MAC 11 type suppressor, this decision would be a complete no-brainer. I can't imagine how freaking cool the case must be when shooting it suppressed with .380 acp being naturally subsonic. Sadly, I just can't justify buying a can strictly for use with this case/gun combo.

My CAC 9 with the AIMs end cap system will allow me to use the proper 380 style thread pitch adapter, and I will be able to use this can on occasion with the M1A1. i wish there was a way to use this can inside the case, but that's life.

The last thing I wanted to do was be a pain in the ass. Thanks again for your answers!

UZI Talk Life Member
    The M11/9 version build has begun!

UZI Talk Life Member
    The M11/9 version build has begun!

Progress pics if and when available please.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'm building two configurations for the M11/9... one in the same type of briefcase I used for the M11A1 but without a suppressor, and one in a longer briefcase that should be just large enough for the M11/9 with a Bowers Vers9S suppressor, which is the same diameter and length as the .380 Sionics suppressor. The first configuration shouldn't be any problem. The second one with the suppressor may be a bit tight... I'm waiting for the Alpine Swiss briefcase to get here and see if I'll be able to squeeze it all in.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Here's the layout of the M11/9 basic briefcase. This particular gun has a LAGE molded grip and a larger cocking knob. It's being fitted so that it can also be used with a LAGE extended safety and/or paddle-style mag release. The layout shows the wire stock and just one spare mag, but there will be fittings for two mags here (attached to the lid panel), which will also help better balance the case so it won't be so forward-heavy compared to the M11A1 case.

Name:  MVC-058S.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  MVC-057S.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  39.3 KB

+ Reply to Thread