UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 3 13

Thread: PROJECT: Building a classic style MAC Operational Briefcase

UZI Talk Life Member
    Here's video of me testing a couple of mags through that blue upholstered operational briefcase (though I have to admit, I tested it with four magazines because I was having too much fun to stop at just two!). First mag used 147gr subsonic, second mag was 115gr. Not much difference at the shooter's ear with that Octane 9 and everything enclosed in the briefcase.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBhcKDifC_8
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member
    Concorde's got that "thinking of my ex wife" look going on. Well, maybe I'm projecting...? LOL
    Opening the case to let the smoke clear is such a nice touch.
    First rate work, as usual. Did I mention I have one? Yeah, well I'll mention it again. I have one.
    And I LOVE it!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Now that I have a CF-W A-bolt I think I need to get on the list for the next batch. Couple questions first...

1. All my cans are big. Probably too big to fit in the briefcase. Based on your experience building these, what can do you recommend for either an M11/9mm or M11-A1 to shoot 9mm?
    2. I know somebody has put a very discrete laser sight into this already sweet package. Any pictures of what that looks like? Is that a build option?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Esox View Post
    1. All my cans are big. Probably too big to fit in the briefcase. Based on your experience building these, what can do you recommend for either an M11/9mm or M11-A1 to shoot 9mm?
    Longest suppressor I've found that can fit with an M11/9 is a Bowers Vers9s, and that would be the maximum diameter too. The blue case above used a Silencerco Octane 9 and it fit and worked very well!

On the M11A1, I normally use a slightly smaller briefcase, and the RPB or SWD suppressors fit perfectly, just like in the briefcases that RPB and Cobray made back in the 1970s and early 1980s. By the way, the Bowers Vers9s is the same size as those SWD and RPB suppressos,and the Bowers Versadapt thread adapter is availabe in either M11/9 or M11/380 barrel thread.
    Last edited by Concorde; 07-03-2018 at 09:53 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Another suppressed M11/9 done. If you requested black upholstery for the panels and recognize the suppressor as yours, it's time to get excited

Name:  briefcase_dd.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  87.1 KB

Now on to finishing up a couple of cases for owners of suppressed M11 small frame guns. One of them is going to be running a CF-W 9A bolt!

Thank you, Michael
    Last edited by Walksalone; 07-12-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Unhappy

Was thinking about building a tactical case out of this. It looks more appropriate to my line of work...
    Attached Images  

There's one of those cases in this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mW95GBqqSQ0

Added bonus

I found out today that the gun will fit in the case with forward grip still on the gun.
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Life Member
    If you’re using the 3/4x10 tpi threaded OEM barrel and suppressor with the same female threads, you need all the coarse threads the barrel provides. You run the risk of a baffle strike with that style of K-grip attachment. These suppressors were designed to snug up against the barrel collar and be held while firing to prevent them from unscrewing. It may be possible for the can to loosen inside the case while firing.

Just saying...
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    Here's another briefcase I just finished for a member here -- it has a slightly different configuration than I've done before. It's an M11A1 with a Vers9S suppressor so it would normally fit easily, but the upper has a 3-lug 9mm barrel, using a CFW-9A bolt, and Lage grip. That 3-lug barrel and the 3-lug adapter necessary for the Vers9S adds just enough length to make it a *very* tight fit... but I was able to configure the support arrangement so the gun and suppressor can be squeezed in and shot without damaging the case .

Name:  GeorgeBriefcase.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  78.3 KB

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Offmarksman View Post
    Was thinking about building a tactical case out of this. It looks more appropriate to my line of work...
    Yes!
    Live Bravely, Live Freely!

+ Reply to Thread