UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 5 15

Thread: PROJECT: Building a classic style MAC Operational Briefcase

Yeah, something in there needs a stamp.

UZI Talk Life Member
    If the TEC was a semi auto, then yes, it becomes an AOW while it's INSIDE the briefcase. The case itself is not registered. I saw a post some time back where supposedly there was a registered briefcase but I saw nothing more than hearsay.
    I suppose a legal case (pardon the pun) could be made that possession of the case AND a TEC that fit it might be illegal.
    Same holds true for the North American Arms and the wallet holsters that ATF reclassified a few years back.

Now, if that TEC were a registered FA, like mine, there'd be zero issues as the MG stamp trumps everything.
    I'd LOVE a case for my TEC...but I think the logistics might be a lot tougher than the MAC guns.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Fold a piece of leather around a small gun and cut a hole in it so the trigger is exposed. ATF sez you owe them money or jail time if you fail to file paper.

Woman has purse with gun inside. Woman walks to car late at night after work with hand inside purse holding gun ready to fire...

I hear it is common for police in winter time to have small backup gun in coat pocket. They can have hand in pocket holding gun during high risk encounters without appearing to have a drawn gun and can fire through pocket. Cop is very short and coat is only 24 inches long....

Nick Fury's Grandpa carried a loaded .22 magnum in his paper lunch bag along with a bunch of crumpled ones. Hand fits easily inside bag...

UZI Talk Life Member
    Slim, the issue, or at least ATF has the issue, is with the ability to fire the weapon easily and disguised. Inside a purse or a pocket isn't enough. If the piece of leather looks like a scrap of leather and you have to finagle it to fire, probably not an issue. But if the average person would swear it was a wallet and all you have to do to easily fire the gun is grab it...
    Stupid rulings, beginning with the insane and convoluted AOW definition.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    My favorite part of the traditional build is the business card holder glued to the area that covers the muzzle. Replace the cards as needed.
    Plus, the original side hole can be made with the first firing of the case. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    Fold a piece of leather around a small gun and cut a hole in it so the trigger is exposed. ATF sez you owe them money or jail time if you fail to file paper.

Woman has purse with gun inside. Woman walks to car late at night after work with hand inside purse holding gun ready to fire...

I hear it is common for police in winter time to have small backup gun in coat pocket. They can have hand in pocket holding gun during high risk encounters without appearing to have a drawn gun and can fire through pocket. Cop is very short and coat is only 24 inches long....

Nick Fury's Grandpa carried a loaded .22 magnum in his paper lunch bag along with a bunch of crumpled ones. Hand fits easily inside bag...
    LOL. Back in the day, my favorite journeyman used to carry a grocery bag around with his Grizzly .45mag 1911 in it. Maybe to protect the stack of 20s and uncashed paychecks in his wallet.

+ Reply to Thread