ROFLMAO
    ROFLAMO???

UZI Talk Life Member
    ROFLMAO = "Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off"

UZI Talk Supporter
    LOL!

lulz

UZI Talk Life Member
    Below is the latest case for another UziTalk member -- ready to take for testing the next time I go to the full-auto range.

This one is for a small magwell M11 .380, which I don't have, so I had to design it differently. This case will work with *either* a small magwell M11 *or* an M11A1, which is what I have. The hold-in supports are only in "common" areas between the two, rather than having a support behind the magwell.

Another feature of this particular case is a "paperwork pouch", which was requested by the new owner.

Name:  MaroonSmallMagwellCase.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  114.0 KB

Concorde that looks absolutely spectacular! Every time I come back to this thread it puts a smile on my face!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    Concorde that looks absolutely spectacular! Every time I come back to this thread it puts a smile on my face!
    If it puts a smile on your face just looking and reading about it, you should try shooting one! It's hardly something I'll use often, but it's a fun accessory not many folks are likely to own or even shoot. At the 2nd UT shoot and match held here in Las Vegas, some of us shot AZPaul's factory H&K operational case, and I've never forgotten that experience. I'm happy to own a Concorde case!

OK, I'll admit to having some buyer's recourse. I wish I'd had it built like the suppressed M11-A1 briefcase shown above. Of course that would have required me buying a new can. I already own a Bowers CAC series with interchangeable end mounts so I can and have shot the M10/9, M11/9 and the M11-A1 suppressed. I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase of a suppressor specifically for occasional use with the briefcase, but... I can't imagine how cool the suppressed briefcase would be. The case itself would help kill the ejection port and mechanical noise. The .380qcp round is naturally subsonic and the recoil is greatly diminished versus 9mm. Oh well, a guy can dream, and I'm lucky to have a case of my own.

The operational briefcase is much more than the sum of it's parts. Knowing exactly where to place the actuator pins for the safety and trigger is critical. Also consider that a Lage extended safety or one of his grips can change the case layout. The location of the pivot point on the trigger bar is important for positive functioning of both the safety and trigger, and they both operate smoothly and easily. It's a really nice bit of kit, and it's clear a lot of thought went into its construction.

My next project is to modify, (shorten), a Lage .22 magazine to fit inside the briefcase. My wife loves Richard's M11/22 conversion, and she thinks the operational brief case is really sweet. Hey, she's a smart girl. The .22LR conversion will drop the OEM's M11/9's ROF by better than a third and be pleasant and cheap to shoot.

Noted author and firearms expert Dolf Goldsmith attended and shot the subgun match on Sunday. At 85, this man has forgotten more in the last week than I'll ever know if I live to see a hundred. If you own a Maxim, Browning, or Vickers gun, then you know who Dolf is.

Anyway, Dolf had apparently never seen an operational briefcase and he was fascinated. I know Dan Shea has at least one original MAC case in his vault and Dolf has been afforded access to the MOD Pattern room on numerous occasions. It was hard to believe he'd never seen one, but he took a real interest in the construction and function of case as did everyone else attending the match. It's not something you see everyday, so it was a crowd pleaser.
    Attached Images  
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    The owner searched high and low for several years for an original case. He finally realized his best hope was to have one made. Concorde appeared and the die was cast.
    Then as he was almost finished, an original case which had existed only in hearsay, actually surfaced.
    So now the only right thing to do was to have TWO cases.
    One Plain Jane original just for show and tell. The other super pimped out and customized for everyday carry, shooting and all around FUN.
    Yeah, that's the way it was explained to me, and I'm stickin' to my story. LOL
    Thanks, Concorde! Glad I finally figured out how to read a tape measure. I really hate coming up short! LOL
    Jack007
    PS. Dan's briefcase is actually a later RPB case, with American made hardware.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I stand corrected.
    Dan has more than ONE case (big surprise, huh?) and the one I saw was RPB. As has been posted elsewhere on UT, he also has an older MAC case, made in Argentina. The Argies were a reliable source of cheap leather in the late 50's and 60's, so it stands to reason why MAC ended up with these foreign made cases. Today they'd undoubtedly be Chinese. :-)
    Great pic of Mr. Goldsmith with the case. Something to treasure! What a memory. May he be granted good health!
    Jack007
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    For operational acceptance test before I let a briefcase go to the new owner, I always put two 25-round mags through it. Here's unedited video of today's test of Jack007's case. I had a gun-club friend with me today, and let him fire the second mag, and I had him try the case horizontal to see if it would still fire without spent case ejection jams. It worked flawlessly, even without the help that gravity provides when you hold it vertical, and in the hands of someone not familiar with SMGs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT0uGDcbRVo

Beautiful work as usual. I think the new owner will be pleased.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Another small change for Jack007. After he saw photos, he asked if the trigger mechanism could be finished in black instead of the satin aluminum. Here is it after Duracoating the bar and pins, and cold-bluing the washer and screw.

Name:  MarronBlack.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  116.7 KB

UZI Talk Life Member
    Keep those M11-A blueprints handy. I'm still trying to talk myself into a Bowers VERS 9 suppressor for my baby .380 buzz gun.

The trigger/safety bar looks nicer in black, and like Jack's case, I'm very happy with the color. It's still looks great after use and isn't showing black soot from burned powder which was a real concern. It's also a great color for a static display.

Once again, thank you for giving back to the community with this project and the mag catches. it speaks volumes about you.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    The trigger/safety bar looks nicer in black
    I agree -- I might disassemble my own two briefcases one of these days and do the same thing. If you (or other owners of my cases) want to take the bar off yours and send it to me, I'll be glad to Duracoat it for you. If you don't want to disassemble the case, you can ship me the whole thing and I'll do it.

I'm still trying to talk myself into a Bowers VERS 9 suppressor for my baby .380 buzz gun.
    I haven't run my decibel meter with it, but my Vers9S suppressor is definitely quieter than my Sionics I had Bowers update for me. Of course, when Tom rebuilds the old Sionics, he leaves that first stage alone and just puts his baffle stack in the second stage and then adds the wipeless end-cap. The Vers9S is an optimized baffle stack in the full length. The rebuilt Sonics is certainly ok and I'm glad I had it done, but I recommend the Vers9S.

Once again, thank you for giving back to the community with this project and the mag catches. it speaks volumes about you.
    Folks in this community have provided a lot of help to me and others, and it's been my pleasure to give back. In both instances you mentioned, I shared the project and details and/or drawings so that people could do their own if they wished as I was doing mine. I'm glad to have been able to help with the group buy on the mag catches, and I've enjoyed making the ops briefcases for other SMG M11 owners who for whatever reason didn't want to tackle it... it's been a nice hobby project for me. I've learned a lot along the way -- the recent ones are nicer than my prototype. And *you* get credit for suggesting maroon for the interior -- I like that a lot, and as you know, the color looks even better and deeper/richer in person than they do in the photos here.
    Last edited by Concorde; 06-23-2013 at 10:33 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Its hard to add anything to what Vegas said.
    So just a big +1 from me and let his spot on post speak for itself.
    Jack
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I liked Jack's idea for a paperwork pocket, as well as the black trigger mechanism bar, so I updated my two prototype cases.

Name:  briefcase-2a.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  93.5 KB

If I ever get bored enough, I might reupholster the suppressed M11/9 case in maroon over black, or a deep blue over black, both of which would also involve dyeing the exposed gray that's part of the briefcase's original cloth interior.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice! It would be super cool if you gave an upholstering demo.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice! It would be super cool if you gave an upholstering demo.
    Trust me, its harder to line these cases than you might think.
    Please, don't ask how I know! LOL
    Jack007
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    I liked Jack's idea for a paperwork pocket, as well as the black trigger mechanism bar, so I updated my two prototype cases...
    When you own an operational briefcase, you don't need no stinkin' papers!

+ Reply to Thread