UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Value of a Paws zx-5 parts kit?

UZI Talk Supporter

Value of a Paws zx-5 parts kit?

Bought a Paws Sterling today...its going to be turned into a normal Sterling mk4. Curious on what the Paws parts kit is worth? when it gets stripped what can i sell the spares for?

i rarely see these guns for sale and i never see parts kits

UZI Talk Supporter
    Curious about paws sale price if you care to share. When I bought mine a friend and member here was telling me he got a few bucks for some of the paws parts, Can’t remember which ones and how much it was, but I think it was a few hundred maybe a little more. I’ve never bothered with them, still wrapped up in a box the way John shipped them back.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

UZI Talk Supporter
    Every PAWS gun I've seen has all the markings on the mag well.......and they only accept Sten magazines........just curious how you plan to address that (unless you plan on using Sten mags)

UZI Talk Supporter

Mr. Andrewski has made Sterlings from them in the past. He will handle the conversion.

From old posts ive seen it discussed how they cut the mag well apart and section in a new part while leaving the markings intact.

i will have a 100% sterling mk4 other than the markings when done.

UZI Talk Life Member

You will be very happy with Johns work.He rebuilt a POS Quinnell build for me.
    Last edited by MGMAN45; 11-02-2018 at 05:22 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

check went out in the mail today...gun is mine.

total into the build will be $10,500 when done(then minus whatever the Paws parts kit goes for)....pretty awesome to have a mk4 for such a low price...ive been having an sterling built for 17 months now...ive walked away from the build and am starting over....ill be 29 months waiting by the time i finally get a sterling in my hands...ugghhh...

it wont be a DLO L2a3 marked Sterling, but it will be the same w/o the markings for 2/3rds the price...and im great with that...John has been awesome to deal with on the phone this week....making sure i have everything correct..ive already got a great parts kit for the build...barrel is like new.

where would you list a PAWS kit? GB? with only 400 made i dont know if anyone would even notice on GB

deciding if i want a rail on the sterling or not...most likely will as my eyes suck the older i get

UZI Talk Life Member

I don't know where to list the parts maybe subguns or sturm,I don't know good luck on that.You will have a fantastic subgun .

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    check went out in the mail today...gun is mine.

total into the build will be $10,500 when done(then minus whatever the Paws parts kit goes for)....pretty awesome to have a mk4 for such a low price...ive been having an sterling built for 17 months now...ive walked away from the build and am starting over....ill be 29 months waiting by the time i finally get a sterling in my hands...ugghhh...

it wont be a DLO L2a3 marked Sterling, but it will be the same w/o the markings for 2/3rds the price...and im great with that...John has been awesome to deal with on the phone this week....making sure i have everything correct..ive already got a great parts kit for the build...barrel is like new.

where would you list a PAWS kit? GB? with only 400 made i dont know if anyone would even notice on GB

deciding if i want a rail on the sterling or not...most likely will as my eyes suck the older i get
    Get the rail, it’s nice. He makes them himself. You can always take it off too. Mine was so accurate with the irons right out of the box from him I’ve never mounted an optic on it. Get the buttstock reinforcement also. And seriously nobody is going to care it’s not a dlo tube, anyone hears Andrewski sterling they know it’s top quality build. Nobody has ever asked me about what tube mine was built with. You’re going to love it.

UZI Talk Supporter

do you have pics of the butt stock reinforcement and the rail? ill probably do both

i had perfect vision until age 38....now at age 48 im almost blind up close....i cant see iron sights unless its bright sunlight...subgun match with dim lighting and i see shadows

curious what red dot looks right on a sterling?? i tossed a trijicon mro on my uzi and it fits right in...im thinking a similar red dot would look right on a sterling..

im thinking im going matte black...i really do not like the crinkle coat.....i assume it shows no wear though....its going to be a tough decision for me...i think its ugly x2

ill probably shoot the paws once to try it out for the hell of it...i hear it feels like a sten???? more than a sterling

UZI Talk Supporter
    Here you go batram, not sure I got the page all in about the butt yoke reinforcement from god book, but you’ll get the gist of it.
    Attached Images      

UZI Talk Supporter

can you feel a difference on the butt stock?

im sure ill go with both options...maybe ill live with the crinkle coat too....it looks less aggressive on your gun..maybe there is an option to split the difference between flat and crinkle to knock down the odd look...maybe ill grow to like it more

UZI Talk Supporter
    can you feel a difference on the butt stock?

im sure ill go with both options...maybe ill live with the crinkle coat too....it looks less aggressive on your gun..maybe there is an option to split the difference between flat and crinkle to knock down the odd look...maybe ill grow to like it more
    The yolk mod was done on factory guns so it’s not like you’re bastardizing the gun by doing it. As far as a difference in feel idk, never shot it without it, but stronger is better if you ask me. The crinkle finish is nice imo and you’re right, it’s not obnoxiously over textured. It has some texture, but it’s a smoothe finish if that makes sense. I honestly couldn’t be happier with mine.

UZI Talk Supporter

we will compare in 12 months

UZI Talk Life Member

When I got my gun back from JA it was a powdercoat finish.Smooth but very durable.

UZI Talk Supporter

pics of the finish ?

UZI Talk Supporter

Grabbed this parts kit and brand new barrel.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/790685033

Making johns job easier with the shroud

Grabbed this parts kit and brand new barrel.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/790685033

Making johns job easier with the shroud
    That looks like a Numrich Sterling parts kit with cut shroud. The shroud is cut just behind the front sight in the picture.

UZI Talk Supporter

last review i saw or numrich kits said rusted POS....and every kit ive ever bought from them was a complete POS....i doubt their kits are this nice? (maybe they were years ago).....i have a Sarges kit that i think is very,very nice......this one looks nicer....the barrel i got from him is a new production which JA said was good....paid the same as what sarges was...got a little nicer shroud,some better parts and a new barrel....

if anyone has bought a kit from Numrich lately and its this good then i over paid....i asked Apex to open up a kit and send me pics of the actual kit id be getting and of course they dont work that way....so it left me looking at GB only...

UZI Talk Life Member

pics of the finish ?
    Cant post pics but looks exactly like Captains finish.

Was the seller on GB willing to forward you actual photos of the kit he will send you? I am fairly certain the seller recycles the same standard photos for his listings. Hopefully it arrives similar quality though if not. I'd be interested to hear update on its condition quality after you receive it.

+ Reply to Thread