UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I may have found the Co-Witness Answer....... : D

I may have found the Co-Witness Answer....... : D

Check out what I did to my Golani... Let me know what you think. Magpul Gen II MBUS, Fab Defense BSR-1, Knock off EOTECH 552, UTG quad rail, fore grip, TAPCO 30rd Mag's... Best part about this, Perfect Co-Witness!!!!!!! many have tried, I have conquered!!! LOL
    Attached Images      

2 more

2 more
    Attached Images    

Railed gas tube with a Docter/clone should also work with the factory sights.

Quote Originally Posted by 6500rpm View Post
    Railed gas tube with a Docter/clone should also work with the factory sights.
    I am not aware of any railed gas tube available for purchase. There was an ultimak that someone was retrofitting for a while but the company stopped making them. Can't remember who it was though...

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcrain View Post
    I am not aware of any railed gas tube available for purchase. There was an ultimak that someone was retrofitting for a while but the company stopped making them. Can't remember who it was though...
    They come up on gunbroker rarely, one I bought required a little fitting, one fit perfectly. They do add a bit of weight.
    "I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

Do some push-ups.

Why co witness, it looks like a cluttered sight picture to me. The Eotech should do just fine alone, and if it does fail it can be removed. Most guys would just use the Eo turned off if entering a structure. If someone popped up they just put them in the holosight frame and fired. I don't intend to poo in your ice cream, I just don't see why the need to co witness is there.

Interesting.

Keep your eyes open for the railed tubes they pop up once and awhile. Supposedly Ulitmak will be releasing on of theirs for the galil this summer.

An aimpoint T-1 on a railed tube co witnesses nicely. Put the rear site in the nite sight position and it is a nice unobstructed view.

Last edited by Ugh!; 05-10-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcrain View Post
    Blackthorne still has railed tubes for the MAR and the SAR, no AR/ARM length.

Small and simple, hits dead on.

Where did you get that railed tube?

I heard blackthorne no longer sells them.

I like to Co-Witness because with a square post, I have an easier time pinpointing at 300m-500m with a dot. also helps alignment on those long shots. I like this though as it raised my cheek weld to a more comfortable position for me. I don't train at the 100 yard range like a lot of people... I am a Major in the Oklahoma Defense Force and at our FTX we shoot 300-500. This helps on long range shots in my opinion. Everyone is different though. I am also a member of our SPECTRE team and I use folder capability and no EOTECH for that training... High speed low drag.

Oh and the picture is deceiving. There is no clutter when you actually look through it. That was just for camera weirdness sake how I had to take that pic...

Member, suka5168 had several made years ago. They were perfect in every respect except some, if not all, were out of spec on the rail (too narrow) and the optics set up for picatinni rail specs wouldn't clamp down. I really felt sorry for the guy and he did everything he could to make things right by the membership. I milled a small bit off my dot to allow it to clamp. As stated before, tubes show up on Gunbroker from time to time. If Ultimak releases one with all the Golani out there now you know the price and quality will be good. The docter style micro on the rail is 100% cowitness, doesn't crowd the picture, and is extremely light weight.

+ Reply to Thread