UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Take down pin, what kind?

Take down pin, what kind?

I have a leinad M11 9mm, love the darn thing especially with the shoulder stock but I hate the front take down pin. It came with a push out ball detent type pin that I'll probably lose in the future. Who and where can I locate a pin that comes in 2 pieces that 1/2 screws into the other 1/2? Or is there a better solution?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Interesting... I changed out both of my original 2-piece pins (M11/9 and M11A1) to the KNS push-pin it sounds like you've got... for me it's so much easier and faster to use tan the snap-in hook 2-piece units. Or if you don't have a KNS type pin and you've got something different, you might check out the KNS (http://www.keepshooting.com/kns-m11-...-down-pin.html). Lifetime warranty and mine have never come loose while shooting.

Thinking he has the pin with a ball detent and no release, just tension from the ball holding it in. I dropped using one of them and have a two piece. Fits much tighter and doesn't move ever.

Gonna look for sources, mine came with the gun so not sure who has them.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SVTvert View Post
    Thinking he has the pin with a ball detent and no release, just tension from the ball holding it in.
    Oh, thanks. I've had three M11-family guns over the years, and none had a takedown pin like that. My RPB OB semi had a 2-piece screw-in, and my two SMGs came with the 2-piece hook type.

+1 on the KNS pin.

I use the KNS pin as well.

Does the KN pin stick out very far as the one I have does? I think the screw in type is pretty much flush. If I remember right, ACE hardware had some 2 piece screw together bolts that I may need to mike for the right size, may have to grind down to shorten for a flush fit. I'll try to take a closer look at the KN pin as compared to the screw in 2 piece one.

I've owned the ball-detent type on an M11 for over a decade now, and I've never had an issue with it.

I had another M11 with the 2-piece pin, and I had a MAC10 with the 2 screw head pin. Of the three, I still prefer the ball detent.

That's the same type of pin used on the MAX-11 as well. That one is just slightly longer to accommodate the wider upper assembly.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    That's the same type of pin used on the MAX-11 as well. That one is just slightly longer to accommodate the wider upper assembly.
    I've asked the KNS folks if they make one in that length too, but they don't. The owner told me that he has an MAX11 with the metal foregrip, and their standard M11 pin fits fine, but the plastic foregrip is wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    Interesting... I changed out both of my original 2-piece pins (M11/9 and M11A1) to the KNS push-pin it sounds like you've got... for me it's so much easier and faster to use tan the snap-in hook 2-piece units. Or if you don't have a KNS type pin and you've got something different, you might check out the KNS (http://www.keepshooting.com/kns-m11-...-down-pin.html). Lifetime warranty and mine have never come loose while shooting.
    Brilliant! Didn't know this existed. ORDERED! Thanks Concorde!

+ Reply to Thread