UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: M10/9 magazine questions

lngram m10 9mm powder springs double feed double stack 9mm with ftf mags

with blazer 115 brass or winchester 115 steel case they 8 run 100 percent . l did take them apart file clean silicone before use . they are not as well built as mp 9mm

Are the 10/9 magazines your referring to the RPB ones FTF Industries sells? They’re like $60ish? If so, I have about a dozen of em and will say I think they’re the finest repop ever made. They fit and feed EXACTLY like the original Walther mags. I bought a few just to to try em and was sooo impressed I went back n bought 8 more.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by challenger70rt View Post
    Are the 10/9 magazines your referring to the RPB ones FTF Industries sells? They’re like $60ish? If so, I have about a dozen of em and will say I think they’re the finest repop ever made. They fit and feed EXACTLY like the original Walther mags. I bought a few just to to try em and was sooo impressed I went back n bought 8 more.

That wasn't my experience with the ftf m10/9 mags. They took a little bit of work to make them reliable. The insides of the mags had what appeared to be like a parkerization over-spray coating just enough to prevent loading to capacity and reliable feeding. I took a wide fine flat file and gently cleaned and polished the mags insides until they were smooth as glass.
    At that point they ran reliably but none of them ever loaded as easily or ran as smooth as the Walther mags.
    They DO serve the purpose of being available if a person cannot access the Walther mags.

Hmm.. that’s a little surprising to me. I’ve only used 8/12 that I’ve bought so far, but all of those had been great. None of mine had any problems, or required any tinkering. I was actually really surprised at how nice they were straight out of the box.

I had to do some deburirng in the feed lip area on each mag. But I don't mind at all. The mags fit properly and are very reliable. I don't have any Walther mags to compare as far as ease of loading.

I've given up on the RPB magazines. I've owned 4. After the first set wouldn't seat and lock up, I returned them. Later, I bought two more believing that it was just a bad batch. Same issue. If I get them to seat, they bind on the bolt.

I know that MACs had a certain degree of variation in tolerances, but it seems odd that my original Walther mags lock up perfectly while RPB do not. My MAC is a RPB/PS double stamp M10/9mm, and one of my Walther mags did not come with the MAC. It was purchased from an member here.

At this point, I have decided just to have it uzi converted.
    Last edited by Erevis; Today at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added info

UZI Talk Life Member

I’ve found it to be upper and bolt dependent as well. New upper and CNC bolt? Have to file the mag catch to fit. Original cast bolt? New RPBs lock and feed perfectly. My Max 10mk2 also needed the catch adjusted. At this point I have half my M10 bolts filed, half not, and just keep them separated by what bolt they work with.

I probably should just have two different height mag catches at the ready and stop filing magazines. Based on many used magazines I’ve bought, I’m not the only one with this solution.

+ Reply to Thread