UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RPB Factory Mag M10/9mm issues right off

RPB Factory Mag M10/9mm issues right off

While I'm still waiting for a M10/45 to transfer, I have received a LAGE MAX-10/9 mk2 upper. My dealer was nice enough to let me go in and change out all the lower parts and springs except the safety lever switch and put on the LAGE upper on it. I asked him to test fire it which he did, but he said he had an issue with one of the magazines.
    Mags in question: http://www.ftfindustries.com/mm5/mer...gory_Code=MCMG

Well, I picked up the mags today from him and when I got home found out both of them have the same issue. When you load about 24-25 rounds the follower sticks in place not allowing you to load anymore and hence will not feed, turn the mag upside down and the rounds fall out. I removed the base plate and spring then using a wooden dowel to push the follower out.

I also have 10 Suomi M31 mags that I haven't modified yet but I replaced the RPB followers with the Suomi Followers, will that be okay? They at least are not sticking and I can load the full 30 rounds into them.

UZI Talk Life Member

Why not fix the followers? Should be pretty simple.
    My Sex Life Is Like A Ferrari,I Don't Have A Ferrari.

I have the same problem with my mags.

Does it appear that the mags are pushed in (deformed) from where they formed the mag stops?

If so, it may be possible to cut a piece of wood to slide in the mag body and "press" it back out to shape.

John A.

edit:
    of course, the link said:
    100% guaranteed to fit feed & function
    Last edited by MPA guy; 03-25-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA guy View Post
    Does it appear that the mags are pushed in (deformed) from where they formed the mag stops?

If so, it may be possible to cut a piece of wood to slide in the mag body and "press" it back out to shape.

John A.

edit:
    of course, the link said:
    John, I think that might be the problem. I also read there was a 100% guarantee so emailed FTF this morning asking them how it should be handled and wondered if their current stock is the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmsubgun-m11 View Post
    Why not fix the followers? Should be pretty simple.
    Because I don't think it's a follower problem, instead I think the inside of the magazine is too tight at the location of where the mag stops are at.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Russell at rpbonlinesales.com makes the mags that FTF sells. You could try to reach him. I had a problem with a new manufactured .380 mag. It turned out there was a small amount of per-production (test mags) that got into circulation with a different spring. He sent the replacement ones right away.
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.

What is best way to contact Russell?

UZI Talk Life Member
    (404) 326-6798
    sales@rpbindustries.com
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Thanks I'll call him tomorrow.

FTF emailed me back with a couple of options. Return them and exchange the mags or keep them to fix myself and refund 25% of the cost paid for the mags.

I went with the second option since I believe I will be able to fix them.

So FTF went above and beyond IMHO!

I also contacted FTF (always wondered what that stands for, face to face?) and they agreed to exchange them for me. $50 is too much for a rookie like me to be messing with.

Please post how you end up fixing these. I am considering ordering a few for my yet to be received m10/9. I had the same issue with 9mm mags for my 9mm AR and ended up sending them back (same issue with all 4) and got a different brand.

By the way, are these single feed? Will they work with a SWD/TX M10/9MM?

Thanks

They are "double feed" Right now I have the Suomi followers in them and there is no issue with loading to the max of 30 rounds, the Suomi follower doesn't stick. However I won't get a chance to try them in the gun till late April. If I had the gun it would be this afternoon but the dealer still has it probably till Sept-Oct. Right now I'm having to cordinate with him being available or me being available at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread