UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UZI Pro Status

Administrator

UZI Pro Status

As of today, the status from IWI is that the UZI Pro Pistol will ship in 2-4 weeks. They sell through wholesalers so there would be a little additional time for the guns to get to the retail market for most buyers. The initial release will be the pistol version. The version with the stabilizing brace will follow "shortly after". IWI ship dates have come and gone in the past. Hopefully they will hit this one.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Thanks for the update.
    UZI the best there is

UZI Talk Life Member
    Just saw this on the IWI Facebook page today (June 5):

Good news for UZI fans today. We finally started shipping the first UZI Pro pistols to our wholesalers. Look for them to start showing up at your FFL next week.

https://www.facebook.com/IWIUS

Administrator
    Excellent!

Any word on full auto compatibility was old micro?

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    The initial release will be the pistol version. The version with the stabilizing brace will follow "shortly after".
    Meaning, a factory gun with something like the Sig Brace? Hopefully with a functional folder mechanism?

It would be nice if it came ready to install the factory stock once the Form 1 is approved.

I don't really "need" a small semi-auto SBR, and I don't have plans to buy a registered Micro f/a bolt. But it would be a lot of fun to play with, and a neat companion for the full-sized SMG.

UZI Talk Supporter

Blaspheming a gun as awesome as a micro uzi / uzi pistol with those "cool-thing-of-the-moment" stabilizing braces is just plain wrong.
    Be a man and hold that thing out in front of you until you can get the proper micro stock. Build some muscle. It's an Uzi for christ sake, not fine china
    IWI Already f'ed up the classic lines of the micro by reconfiguring the lower grip assembly into some plastic polymershit abomination.... Don't ruin it more.

^^note the lack of a "stabilizing brace"

UZI Talk Supporter
    Here's your full dose of WTF:

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadeone View Post
    Here's your full dose of WTF:

Those pictures will definitely increase both the $$$ value and love of the IMI models as true classics.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeone View Post

^^note the lack of a "stabilizing brace"
    Also of note its a Arnold the Terminator shooting blanks

I don't think that military version comes as pistol (probably made only to accommodate US laws - no restrictions on pistol importation)

I dont think Arnold was shooting blanks, at least not when he was diddling he maid.!!!

Administrator
    UZI Pro pistol purchased and should be in my hands on Thursday. Shade doesn't get to play with it because it's below him.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I think its great that Uzi is importing its pistol again and all....but after having my Reg Rec. Micro rehab'd up with a cosmetic job and brought up to <near> SMG specs and shooting it this weekend...I'm eternally grateful I own it. Looks better than the new fandangled pistol to me at least. Call me old Skool....like Arnold.
    (I recently bought a Franchi SPAS 12 to satisfy that itch after growing up with the Terminator series...he shot that one handed too!)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    (I recently bought a Franchi SPAS 12 to satisfy that itch after growing up with the Terminator series...he shot that one handed too!)

Do you collect just from the original movie or the whole series? A longslide .45 with laser and an AR18 wouldn't be too hard to acquire, but if ya want that handheld minigun...

So what magazines do these take? The angle makes me think a standard UZI mag with an added slot to handle the relocated release would work. But dIdn't the updated MICRO SMG version take Glock mags? I vaguely recall reading somewhere they went with Glock mags because the issued G17 handgun and UZI SMG could share mags.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    So what magazines do these take? The angle makes me think a standard UZI mag with an added slot to handle the relocated release would work. But dIdn't the updated MICRO SMG version take Glock mags? I vaguely recall reading somewhere they went with Glock mags because the issued G17 handgun and UZI SMG could share mags.
    Yes, they use standard UZI mags that have an additional mag catch slot cut in them. The new mags also work in older UZIs. The Micro UZI still uses standard UZI mags. The glock mag conversion was was a very limited edition done for Israeli Special Forces.

Administrator
    Just picked up my UZI Pro Pistol and only a couple of minutes to look at it right now. Here are a couple of quick answers:

Would a registered Micro bolt fit in the gun? Not without modification. The most obvious difference is that the bolt would have to have a side cocking handle added to it. There are a couple of other modifications to the UZI Pro bolt that I have to check if they'd be required or not.

Would a standard UZI or UZI Pistol grip frame fit on the gun? No. Not that you'd really want to because then you'd have nothing more than a standard UZI Pistol. The big problem with using a registered bolt is that the UZI Pro grip frame has the selector blocked. It's like the blocks on other UZI semi-autos but it's part of the molded plastic of the grip frame.

Anything else new inside? They added a trigger safety like you find in many pistols, so the gun can't go off unless you are pulling the trigger. Changes to the firing pin carrier are needed to work with the new safety. The rest of the fire control parts look to be the same, but I haven't completely disassembled yet.

Pics please! does yours have the werd cap on the back of the receiver? I'm guessing that's where the sig brace attaches?

Not a fan of the gun, but with the small size and vertical grip the stabilizing brace actually looks pretty functional (as a stabilizing brace). Looks a tad short to happen upon one's shoulder.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dja9520 View Post
    Pics please! does yours have the werd cap on the back of the receiver? I'm guessing that's where the sig brace attaches?
    Will try to get some pics posted tomorrow when I'm home. Yes, there is a cover on the back of the receiver that is held on by two roll pins. Under the cover is a dovetail that the stabilization brace hooks up to.

+ Reply to Thread