UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UZI Pro Status

Saw one a a Show in Pompano Beach this weekend. $1299.00 picked it up and held it. It did not feel like a $1299.00 dollar gun. I think it's going to come down pretty quick. The vendor did not sell it.

Administrator
    No sense paying him $200 over retail when you can get them easily for $100 under retail. No wonder he didn't sell it.

My local shop does not have them in yet but he quoted me $980 for the basic pistol and $1,100 for the one with the arm brace.
    Last edited by MadDogDan; 06-18-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dja9520 View Post
    Pics please!
    Here's a photo of the runts of the family.
    Attached Images  

Wow thats nice collection. Wonder how the reliability will be.

To bad I cant own one in california.

There are 7 Pro Pistols for sale right now on Gun Broker. It looks like the cheapest "buy it now" price is $895 but most are priced at $950. None of them with the arm brace yet.

My local shop called to tell me they just got one Pro Pistol in today (no arm brace) because they knew I was looking for one with the brace for future SBR. I was going to pass on this one but the serial number sealed the deal for me. The number is 911 (with a few zeros in front of it).

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogDan View Post
    My local shop called to tell me they just got one Pro Pistol in today (no arm brace) because they knew I was looking for one with the brace for future SBR. I was going to pass on this one but the serial number sealed the deal for me. The number is 911 (with a few zeros in front of it).
    That's awesome. I would have had to get that one too!

Just talked with IWI-USA about SBR'ing my Pro Pistol and they say they will have real "factory stocks" not just the arm brace available in the next couple of months. He said they are in production now and will ship soon to the US. They will be available for purchase on line from the IWI-USA store.

Just talked with IWI-USA about SBR'ing my Pro Pistol and they say they will have real "factory stocks" not just the arm brace available in the next couple of months. He said they are in production now and will ship soon to the US. They will be available for purchase on line from the IWI-USA store.
    Wonder what they will look like?

Can someone post pics of the Uzi pro disassembled?

Administrator
    Here you go. Disassembly is pretty much the same as the original UZI Pistol with the exception of the two takedown pins.
    Attached Images  

Does it look like the front rail will support a small folding vertical grip (provided you have an approved form 1 of course) or even a small vertical grip? Just curious if it would fit, because I'm leaning towards picking one up for a sbr project.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    Here you go. Disassembly is pretty much the same as the original UZI Pistol with the exception of the two takedown pins.
    Shot it yet?

Looks great.
    Stay Safe,
    Glockdude1.........................

"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

Did they happen to mention if they'd have the original Pro-style lowers in semi-auto, too?

Finally got a chance to take the UZI Pro to the range today. It did not disappoint. Ran flawlessly with a mixture of factory ammo. I took a Gear Sector hand stop that I had in a drawer and a Tango Down rail cover and modded it to work. It was very comfortable to shoot with my hand thrust forward against the stop and a thumb up hold. With the stop my hand was not that close to the muzzle, in fact I have a couple 7.5" SBR's (Mini Draco AK47 and a 6.8 SPC Noveski Diplomat) and your off hand sits just as close. I do think the trigger could have been made a little straighter as I think the curve is too radical and not that comfortable. The mags are OAL sensitive as I found some ammo to fit very snug when loading. I am a lefty and wanted to reverse the mag release. The notch on the mags is cut on both sides leading you to believe this is possible but after examining the release it could not be done. Sending in my Form1 tomorrow to SBR this little puppy and having a local smith thread the barrel for my TiRANT suppressor. Mags are pretty inexpensive, $17 for 20 rounders, $19 for 25 rounders and $22 for 32 rounders. That is a hell of a lot cheaper then HK MPX mags. When I get my factory folding stock (IWI tells me they should be available in a few months) I am going to Dura-Coat it in FDE to match the hand stop and optics hood.

Last edited by MadDogDan; 07-24-2015 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Add info

Called IWI-US yesterday morning and ordered some 32 round mags. $6 shipping and they were on my doorstep this afternoon. Now that is what I call fast service. I hope they are as fast producing the folding stocks.

+ Reply to Thread