• Max11

47 45.63%
  • Max31

56 54.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Max11 VS Max31

I like compact subguns and SBR's.

The Max 31 is great, but reaching around that drum just feels awkward to me, and front end heavy.

*personal opinion*

LOL Time stamp 5/21/19 2:48PM EST

Poll is dead even..... 34 to 34.

I voted max 11. I have the max 10 and 10//31. I find myself like and using the Uzi-esqe upper just a little more, but the 31 is smoother and the 71rd drums are sweet. It was a hard decision.

UZI Talk Supporter

First caveat: I have M11-A1's, not an M11/9. That being said...

I voted for the MAX31. It's great with drums, and since I don't have a MAX11, but I got a Practical Solutions Baby Ghost (after the MAX11 was discontinued), and ZMagsI think I'm covered absent the MAX11.

Hard decision but I choose max11, the max31 is cool with the drums and stick mags but it's so long it gets tiring holding it up. Luckily i also have a m11a1 with a max31k which is almost perfect so I keep the m11/9 in max11k configuration.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Not trying to start crap, but the 31k is only 2 5/8” shorter than the 31amk2. I tried one, and (for me) it felt less comfortable that the 31amk2. I only point this out, as there are new Mac owners all the time, and this forum provides them with a lot of info on their new “bundle of joy.” Trying to put it into perspective for the new owners. Hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings, and for those who love their 31ks, that’s Awesome. When I want something really short, I like Vegas’ CFW-a bolt in my version of a Baby Gray Ghost. Thankfully there are lots of options out there, and (for me) that is a Good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Offmarksman View Post
    Not trying to start crap, but the 31k is only 2 5/8” shorter than the 31amk2. I tried one, and (for me) it felt less comfortable that the 31amk2. I only point this out, as there are new Mac owners all the time, and this forum provides them with a lot of info on their new “bundle of joy.” Trying to put it into perspective for the new owners. Hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings, and for those who love their 31ks, that’s Awesome. When I want something really short, I like Vegas’ CFW-a bolt in my version of a Baby Gray Ghost. Thankfully there are lots of options out there, and (for me) that is a Good thing...
    I think it's all relative. Everybody is different sizes so everyone has their own preferences. The 31a mk2's look nice to me and have a good weight balance like the K. The 31 for the m11/9 always has me using the fighting Irishman stance and that gets tiring if your firing multiple drums. But whatever direction you choose I doubt anybody will be disappointed unless they get an amp11 or Sabre or something ��

I have handled and shot both, and for me, if the Max-11 MK 2 somehow magically came with a 5" barrel it would be perfect. I understand why that isn't possible, but that is about the perfect size and balance to have good control without feeling like your hands are on top of one another. If it was a quieter suppressed platform, the ~8.5" barrel of the MK 2 wouldn't be a deal breaker. I don't consider either setup hearing safe, so once the newness of a 72 round mag dump wears off, I will probably only ever take out the MK 2.
    Lee
    Last edited by RevolverJockey; 01-28-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Not one pic in this whole thread. Some of us dont have either one and would like to see what all the fuss is about. Just sayin,LOL
    Last edited by automaticlee; 11-29-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Look on the Lage website. I've got a Max-11 version 1. It turns a POS mac into a nice subgun. Frankly, I hate drums. They're heavy. Clumsy.

+ Reply to Thread