63 40.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 4 14 17 LastLast

Thread: CFW M10/45 and M11/380 Slowfire Bolts

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFreak View Post
    Yeppers.
    They are so cool. We have one at work, not a really nice one but something to learn with while their costs come down. There is a company in town who uses them to produce fuel injectors for gas turbine engines. They make them out of sintered metal. I'm hoping I can go see one operate one day.

UZI Talk Supporter

Ok, I've decided to buy a local M11-A1, if I can get on the list for a slowfire 380 bolt, please.

UZI Talk Life Member

Will update you when they are ready for purchase.

Keep an eye on the threads.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I may need one of each, but I'll wait on ROF numbers to make my final decision.
    Thanks for jumping in with both feet CF!!!
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    Coffee, any updates on the 45acp bolt?
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by komodoj View Post
    Coffee, any updates on the 45acp bolt?
    Didn't get the tungsten 9MM bolt yet. was hoping to get it before my vacation to play with it. Going to test it a little before I get the 380 and 45 tungsten prototypes bolts made. Use it to double check the steel to tungsten weight formula calculations and make necessary adjustments.
    Haven't had time to play much with my hobbies or get on the forum.

Vacation starts tomorrow. Not going anywhere, just taking some time off to work on my own stuff.
    Last edited by CoffeeFreak; 12-28-2015 at 12:32 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFreak View Post
    Vacation starts tomorrow. Not going anywhere, just taking some time off to work on my own stuff.
    How selfish!

Titanium bolt?

[QUOTE=CoffeeFreak;713654]Didn't get the titanium 9MM bolt yet. was hoping to get it before my vacation to play with it. Going to test it a little before I get the 380 and 45 tungsten prototypes bolts made. Use it to double check the steel to tungsten weight formula calculations and make necessary adjustments.
    Haven't had time to play much with my hobbies or get on the forum.

What would it cost for a titanium bolt? That with a TASK conversion. Would be sweet😁

UZI Talk Life Member

No idea. Task kinda goes against the smaller package goal I was after. But since I copied and pasted the update it's the same titanium typo in this thread. Was supposed to be tungsten.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Coffee was the prototype fixed firing pin?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by lokifox View Post
    Coffee was the prototype fixed firing pin?
    No I went with the removable firing pin. I am debating as to offer both. It must have passed inspection because they ran my card. It might show up tomorrow.

UZI Talk Life Member
    That's awesome. I'm not a metal genius but welding (repairing) high tungsten alloys is iffy and complicated right?

I think you made the right choice. I'm guessing even the production run won't be inexpensive and a $20 firing pin is easy to replace after 20 or 50,000 rounds. Actually the original in my heavily used OEM upper is still just fine, but nice to know it can be easily swapped out it needed.

I saw the video of your M11 Gen II bolt running a little over 600 RPM and easily pulling singles. That was awesome! Any idea what the rate of fire on your M10 bolts will run at in an otherwise stock upper?

Also, has the work you've done developing the Gen II M11/9 bolts influenced how the M10/45 will turn out?

UZI Talk Life Member

It's looking like the price for the M11/9 bolts will be $549.00 for the stripped bolt for people that are on the Uzitalk list. If I can get to the next quantity pricing tier with enough bolts I will include the rest of the bolt assembly but we would need to get 50 more people on the list. Right now $549 for just the stripped bolt. After the list is fulfilled you will have to buy them retail from a major Mac parts and accessory business I am working with to sell them. The MSRP is significantly higher. This price is a one time thing because of the large volume discount we are getting. For what it's worth, I am making nothing on this deal. I enjoyed inventing the bolts and want to see it out in the world. It's cost me a lot of time and money to develop this as is the 380 and 45 bolts and I don't even have those guns. I'm trying to finish all the particulars for how to handle collecting the payments for the Uzitalk list and details for later sales with the retailer. If the deal with the retailer falls through it could be another year before we have enough people for another bulk purchase.

My wife is not crazy about me not getting the money up front. The volume is much more then the Gen1 bolts as is the costs. I'm going to have to take payment in advance of the order. She has offered to run the credit cards for people wanting to pay that way as with the Gen1 but she will call you instead of you calling her. She will set up a time. Many called in the busy times with a packed restaurant. Very hard for her to take your information. I'm going to close the 9MM list sign up in two weeks collect payment and order the bolts. The bolts will be produced in approximately 35 days from then and will ship to me. I will inspect them and ship them to you. If we get to the next pricing tier, I will assemble the bolt assemblies and ship them to you. There is also the issue of the credit card and PayPal fees and Virginia Sales tax for Virginia residence, because as I said very little markup for those waiting on the list. We will have to add those to your total. I'm still working on the details. This will be posted in all the threads on my bolts. To be on the list send me an email to dsmcmanus@aol.com

Thanks guys_______________Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tReznr View Post
    I saw the video of your M11 Gen II bolt running a little over 600 RPM and easily pulling singles. That was awesome! Any idea what the rate of fire on your M10 bolts will run at in an otherwise stock upper?

Also, has the work you've done developing the Gen II M11/9 bolts influenced how the M10/45 will turn out?
    I'll wait to talk about this after the 9MM bolt list closes out so people aren't confused.

We will start a 45 bolt thread.
    Last edited by CoffeeFreak; 02-01-2016 at 10:28 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'm more than happy to prepay for a complete M-11/9 bolt.
    If the reduction numbers are similar on the M-10/45 and M-11A1 bolts, I'll cheerfully prepay for those two as well.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yes I second this. +1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    I'm more than happy to prepay for a complete M-11/9 bolt.
    If the reduction numbers are similar on the M-10/45 and M-11A1 bolts, I'll cheerfully prepay for those two as well.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by komodoj View Post
    Yes I second this. +1!!!
    I am onboard for prepaying for M11A1 whatever it takes. I can't wait to know I am on the list.

UZI Talk Life Member

When the list opens for the 11A1, I'd like one too.

UZI Talk Supporter
    In for a M11A1 bolt when the time comes as well
    Can't we all just get along??? :nutkick

UZI Talk Life Member

I am closing out the CF-W 9MM list on Sunday so I can finalize the bolt order.

+ Reply to Thread