103 66.88%
  • CFW M11\380 BOLT

63 40.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 8 17 LastLast

Thread: CFW M10/45 and M11/380 Slowfire Bolts

l'll take one of the mac 10 45 bolts .soon as possibly

I'd really love a slow fire bolt for Lage's Max 10 Mk2/45. Something halfway between the current and a grease gun.

UZI Talk Life Member
    To all those people who asked to be added to the no obligation .380 CF-W bolt wait list, please check your email.

There is no wait list for a .45 W bolt at this time. I refuse to create a list for vapor ware.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    To all those people who asked to be added to the no obligation .380 CF-W bolt wait list, please check your email.

There is no wait list for a .45 W bolt at this time. I refuse to create a list for vapor ware.
    Replied. I'm all in!

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post

Does this mean that the .380 CF-W bolts are shipping?
    I hope so, because my main interest is in what's next, i.e. vapor ware (at present).

UZI Talk Supporter

Replied, in as well!

For those that didn't get the email, it's a bit of a curve ball. Not an M11-A1 380 bolt but an M11-A1 9mm bolt. Although it's not what I was expecting, I think it's actually just as useful and just as versatile, especially if you have the large mag well.

This bolt will be perfect in an M11-A1 side cocking upper with a VFG that may exist at some point in he future, I'll call it the baby ghost until it gets an official name The added advantage of it being 9mm is that a Lage 22 kit can be chopped down and installed in a future baby ghost w/a 9mm barrel so no need for 2 separate uppers.

Also mentioned in the email the shorter bolt can be used in many (if not all) of the same places as the original CF-W bolt. Due to the longer travel, ROF in an M-11/9 is actually slower, at about 650 RPM.

I'm definitely looking forward to running the baby W through its paces!

And I'm still in for a 380 and 45 W bolt as well

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sorry. I did not receive an email.
    Is the .380 M11 Bolt not going to happen after all?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    Since tlkudo also disclosed it, this is from the email: "Unfortunately, there's still a delay with the .380 bolt and I can't and won't estimate when or if it will be produced. I do have other exciting news."

The "other exciting news" is the short 9mm bolt as mentioned. I definitely want one!
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member
    ... and of course I still want the .380 bolt if/when it gets fine tuned and into production.

UZI Talk Life Member
    ��
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    Sorry. I did not receive an email.
    The 380 bolt is finicky due to the nature of the underpowered ammo. This bolt will safely fire 9mm at 850-1000 rpm (which is a cheaper and better option in my opinion) and it will work with *SOME* 380 at 650ish rpm. This is great news and this bolt can be used with lage uppers or even the m11/9. This is Outstanding!. I'm personally predicting Sam to roll out with a production baby ghost eventually
    Last edited by TheColtCollector; 07-03-2017 at 10:21 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I've got three .380 M11A1 uppers here including a side-charger. Guess I'll have to put a 9mm barrel in one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    Replied. I'm all in!
    Effin A! Me too.

Some have been begging for this for a long time!

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    The 380 bolt is finicky due to the nature of the underpowered ammo. This bolt will safely fire 9mm at 850-1000 rpm (which is a cheaper and better option in my opinion) and it will work with *SOME* 380 at 650ish rpm. This is great news and this bolt can be used with lage uppers or even the m11/9. This is Outstanding!. I'm personally predicting Sam to roll out with a production baby ghost eventually
    Name:  baby_ghost_35.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  106.2 KB

It would be nice to see a "Baby Ghost" go into production but with Practical Solutions already probably into a year wait for newcomers already with how popular the the M11/9 "Grey Ghost" is I don't know if people would wait even longer for the "Baby Ghost". Maybe someone else could be persuaded to make a run, Richard Lage perhaps, if someone gaged interest and showed him a list of buyers? Maybe a retired Naval officer living in Florida? I have no dog in this fight. I have no M11/A1. But I think the CF-W/A1 9MM bolt is a real winner from my testing and a "Baby Ghost" would be a sweet package. Only one "Baby Ghost" exists. Some guy in Florida with a really big toe has it.

UZI Talk Life Member

Problem is I have two M11A1s but both are small magwell. I got on list for this bolt to use in M11Nine and possibly in Max31A1 but I can't use in my A1. I think it will be an interesting option but I hope the 380 bolt still gets produced some day. I would even be willing to beta test the test bolts to see if they are reliable in small grip guns.

UZI Talk Life Member

There is also an Alamo Defense W-Max adapter in the works in order to use the short CFW bolt in the Lage Max11a mkII upper on your m11a1. This should be available from the same channels by the time the new bolt ships. Please let VegasSMG know that you are interested when making your pre-order for the bolt.

YES need one for M11 small magwell .380

UZI Talk Life Member
    One more nail in the coffin towards the large/small magwell debate.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    One more nail in the coffin towards the large/small magwell debate.
    I have a small mag A1 and 3 mags for it, I don't want to waste money on more mags. I've been waiting for someone to offer a modular magwell conversion for the best of all worlds. I've thought about making one for myself but that sounds too much like work.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Mike,

How well does the small ejection port of the M11A1 work with 9x19 cases?

9mm is a great idea for those with large grip M11A1s. Since there is a problem with the supply of new in spec M11/380 uppers, would it not be a good idea to offer chopped 9x19 uppers with the larger ejection ports? I'm not a fan of the visible space behind the bolt but maximum reliability would be the advantage.
    The 380 MAC is the best caliber or they would not have put on the cover of THE MAC MAN. ;)

+ Reply to Thread