103 66.88%
  • CFW M11\380 BOLT

63 40.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 9 17 LastLast

Thread: CFW M10/45 and M11/380 Slowfire Bolts

UZI Talk Life Member
    Rather than clog up this old poll thread, I've started a new one.

Jack007; Have you checked your Spam folder? Please email me if you haven't received notification.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Supporter
    So will the m10/45 bolt be grease gun slow? That would definitely be a game changer....

UZI Talk Life Member
    I expect the M-10/45 will be very slow... if it runs. The OEM Powder Springs .45 bolt assembly weighs just over 1.5 pounds. The use of class one tungsten alloy more than doubles the bolt weight. This should mean a significant reduction the in ROF, but with the problems encountered with the .380 bolt, I'm not sure how easy this one will be even with the more powerful .45acp round. It's a heavy hunk of exotic metal to move and the bolt travel distance is short.

I have no doubt the cost will also go up given that it'll weigh a full pound more than the original CF-W bolt. There's nothing cheap about tungsten! I'd hoped the price would come down on the smaller, lighter "A" 9mm bolt, but the price fluctuation of raw tungsten killed that idea. Additionally, multiple protoype "A" bolts were made and the cost had to be amortized over a much smaller customer base.

Having said all that... I already have most of the parts required for assembly of the .45 bolt so I'm invested in moving the project forward. I know it's been a long time coming, but I've now got lots of free time to devote to product testing.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    Having said all that... I already have most of the parts required for assembly of the .45 bolt so I'm invested in moving the project forward. I know it's been a long time coming, but I've now got lots of free time to devote to product testing.
    Whenever you get a minute..........can you hurry up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackjack View Post
    So will the m10/45 bolt be grease gun slow? That would definitely be a game changer....
    I hope not, yawn... Anything under 600 rpm I find a bit boring in 9mm. Under 550 rpm I lose interest. I can get a semi pretty close to 450 rpm.

650 rpm plus or minus 50 for a 45 acp would be the sweet spot for me.

I assume more material could be removed such as sand cuts or grooves, but I am sure that would increase the machining costs. Could you make a two part bolt that takes a more simply machined tungsten insert?

UZI Talk Supporter
    im ok with 550rpm GG slow...

i like anything different....factory is hard to keep on target for more than 3 shots unless its 10-15 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    im ok with 550rpm GG slow...

i like anything different....factory is hard to keep on target for more than 3 shots unless its 10-15 yards away.
    550 rpm I could live with given its a 45, however everything I read online say ROF for a GG is 400 to 450 RPM. I shot a mag or two through a grease gun 10-15 years ago and I can't say for sure it was that slow, but it definitely wasn't 550 RPM. I remember the sensation of pulling the trigger and wondering when it would finish and whether I could a grab a sandwhich between rounds... Ok, I am exaggerating but you get the idea.

UZI Talk Supporter
    ive shot a Sterling which i believe is 550 rpm and found it enjoyable.....im not sure id want it any slower than 550 rpm.....i remember seeing some GG video's....you may be correct at 450 rpm....if possible id like the low point to be 550 rpm(which im sure wouldnt be any slower)...what is factory...i think 1100rpm?

cut the speed in 1/2 = 550 rpm....does the mac 11 speed get cut in 1/2 with the CF bolt?

i think the lage max 10 mk2 is 600 or 650...its a very nice speed

UZI Talk Supporter

600 - 700 RPM is the sweet spot for 45, just like the Thompson

My main complaint about the MAX-10 / 45 MK2 is that the ROF is closer to 750 - 800 suppressed. Much harder to control and noticeably louder, since the dwell time is shorter. I can shoot my MK1 suppressed without hearing protection. The MK2 not so much. I actually contemplated getting a tungsten bolt weight made to replace the steel weight on the MK2 to slow down the ROF. Instead, I just shoot my MK1 when I feel like blazing some .45

Definitely looking forward to the CFW 45 bolt!

M10/45 definitely interested. My ROF preference would be like grease gun low. But I'd take anything with a good drop. I completely understand the price move due to more metal and a smaller base.

any update on what the ROF is shaping up to be? plus an estimate on price?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I’ve posted RPM numbers and videos and given the estimated price on the CF-W .45 bolt at $1350.
    I’ve receitnly asked anyone who’s seriously interested and committed to email me at VegasSMG@gmail.com.

These bolts are extremely heavy and very, very expensive. I don't plan to stock these like the M-11/9 bolts. Never say never, but if these are produced, I see the .45 W bolts as a one run and done affair like the A bolts.

50 round mag dump.
    https://youtu.be/PtqsF0WtnvI

And a 30 round dump suppressed...
    https://youtu.be/3L7sECKdW0I

50 round Frakenmag.
    https://youtu.be/OA9rfUD6U1o

Slow motion.
    https://youtu.be/wSSgwyGPh3k

“Standard” spring ROF.

Supper Slow, (SS), spring ROF.

Practical Solution Big Daddy Ghost.
    Last edited by Vegas SMG; 02-12-2018 at 10:08 PM.

This is grease gun territory. Nice. I can see having the standard bolt, the CF-W bolt and maybe a MAX10 upper and have rof from about 1100 RPM to under 500. This would b a very versatile gun.

UZI Talk Supporter
    is it possible to have 2 different spring setups...one for 450 and one for 550 rpm?

im not sure everyone wants 450 rpm and it would be nice to have (2) options of rpm if changing out the spring is all thats needed....widen the market appeal...

max 10 is what? 750-800 rpm?.....your still offering a dramatic decrease in speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    is it possible to have 2 different spring setups...one for 450 and one for 550 rpm?

im not sure everyone wants 450 rpm and it would be nice to have (2) options of rpm if changing out the spring is all thats needed....widen the market appeal...

max 10 is what? 750-800 rpm?.....your still offering a dramatic decrease in speed.
    Good video comparing the MP40 Thompson, and M3 Grease Gun. I think a M10/45 shooting at grease gun rates would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxKpSI9CIRE

Any news on the production of the CF-W .45 Bolt? I need to appropriate funds for the year lol

UZI Talk Life Member
    Production is on hold for now.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If I remember correctly out of the 68 people that said they were interested via the poll very few signed up when the time came. That may be why it's on hold.

I put my name in the hat committed to buy, but I do not recall the poll

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    Production is on hold for now.
    due to cost of W

+ Reply to Thread