UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spectre HC pistol parts and Unicorns

UZI Talk Supporter

Spectre HC pistol parts and Unicorns

I am a sad puppy. My Sites Spectre 9mm pistol has been sitting in my safe for the last 14 years, but over the last couple of months I started shooting it again. I put about 450 rounds through it and enjoyed every round. Yesterday, I went to shoot it some more and it would not fire. I field striped it and found the firing pin is broke. I guess on the last round, last time out, the firing pin let go. So anyone have any idea of where to get a firing pin? Also anyone know how to remove it from the bolt? I have an e-mail in to MFI (I understand they bought all the spare parts from Sites when they went out of business) and I am going to call Numrich in a few minutes, but I have a bad feeling about it. So if you have a Spectre firing pin or a Unicorn, please let me know.

Gagunner, just sent ya an email for Ed who has lots of spectre parts. He should be able to fix ya right up. Dja9520
    Last edited by dja9520; 08-29-2015 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Firing pin not firing pin spring. I can't read lol

UZI Talk Supporter

Thanks to dja9520 and Michael Frost at MFI, I have hooked up with a source for the firing pin. I will post about the repair once it is done.

Please send me the contact info also, for the Spectre firing pin and parts. Pulled out my 9mm spectre from 25 yr storage and also found broken firing pin.
    Thanks

UZI Talk Supporter

As per my last post, thanks to dja9520 and Michael Frost at MFI, I have hooked up with a source for the firing pin. He gave me permission to post his contact information and it is:

Ed Debeljak; phone 440-942-8842 (Ohio). His e-mail is DDOUBLE123@aol.com I found him to be very helpful and pleasant to deal with. He promptly sent the firing pin and returned a phone call I placed to him at his cost, when he could have e-mailed me the information. I would deal with him again.

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  37.5 KBName:  003.JPG
Views: 613
Size:  36.7 KB

As for the repair, the first photo shows the 3 parts associated with the firing pin. You can see the broke firing pin; the replacement firing pin; the firing pin rod; and the firing pin spring. The spring slips over the firing pin, which goes first into the bolt, with the firing pin rod going in second. The next photo shows the rear of the bolt with the roll pin which holds the firing pin rod in place push out of the way. I pushed from left to right, (as seen from the rear of the bolt) not sure if that is the "correct way", but I don't think it matters. You don't have to push it all the way out of the bolt to get the firing pin bolt; firing pin, and spring out. I did not feel a lot of pressure on the assembly and it is easy to keep a finger on the rear of the firing pin rod while you drive the roll pin out. I found replacing it a little harder, as you do need to keep pressure on the firing pin rod to drive the roll pin back into place. By the way, if you have a solid pin holding the firing pin rod in place, I believe the disassembly is a little different and you may want to call Ed as I cannot recall what he said about that.

I had a picture of the firing pin standing alone to show the taper and the appearance of the firing pin, but for some reason that photo was too large to down load. Here are the dimensions of the firing pin, for those that want to know. The firing pin is approximately .999 inches in length from the tip, which strikes the primer, to the end, which bears against the firing pin rod. The firing pin taper is approximately .243 in length. The tip is approximately .175 in diameter while the rear of the firing pin is.690.

My firing pin broke at approximately 2500 rounds. Since it took me many years to get to that number I am hoping this repair will last a while. I put 90 rounds through the gun since the repair and all the rounds went bang. I enjoy the Spectre and I am glad to have it back again. Realize this is not a heavy traffic thread, but I hope it helps those that have these unique and rare guns.

Thanks for the info and pics. I may have to order a firing pin, now.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have a used Unicorn but it's missing the horn so I'm assuming you don't want it because that's usually the first thing that breaks.

UZI Talk Supporter

I think little baby Unicorns have their horn harvested for use as firing pins in the Spectre.

I traveled to Italy in March and called every gun store I could find hoping to locate a source for mags, no luck. I'd like to pick up a Spectre someday.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
    I traveled to Italy in March and called every gun store I could find hoping to locate a source for mags, no luck. I'd like to pick up a Spectre someday.
    This one comes with 2 mags if you're looking for one.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=508608368

Quote Originally Posted by dja9520 View Post
    Gagunner, just sent ya an email for Ed who has lots of spectre parts. He should be able to fix ya right up. Dja9520
    Dja9520 - I am also looking for Spectre HC parts. If the mysterious Mr. Ed still has Spectre parts, I am looking for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba_OH View Post
    Dja9520 - I am also looking for Spectre HC parts. If the mysterious Mr. Ed still has Spectre parts, I am looking for some.
    All of his contact info is in this thread. Email and phone.

+ Reply to Thread