UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vahan Kelerchian or Armament Services International

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NativH View Post
    Howard was a class act and I miss him. I purchased my first FA, a Steyr AUG from him, and he was great to deal with. I was shocked to learn of his death about 3 weeks after he transferred the AUG to my local FFL.
    I knew Howard too he was one of the good ones.

UZI Talk Life Member

My dealer charges $100 for NFA transfer as well, and I've had a few at a time with him in total comfort. He's also a well-known AK smith, and will do small subgun repairs and tweaks for me at no charge...serious value add.

USA or if you're a Hamasnik lurker, Judea and Samaria Israel

Back to the topic

Can anybody find the sentencing? I cannot

UZI Talk Life Member
    Wow you guys getting whiskey and BJs with those transfers? I pay $50 every time.. didn't know that was such a deal!

Mine was doing $25 until he moved out of state. Now I have to deal with $50.

I paid 500.00 for the transfer and for help with the Form 4 paperwork. That includes the safe storage of my firearm until my stamp arrives. There are very few class 3 dealers here in Michigan

UZI Talk Life Member
    Depending on where you live in MI, Jake is your man and an animal lover too!
    He truly deserves your consideration and business and will treat you right.

Last edited by Vegas SMG; 07-19-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

I should have done a better job of checking out dealers and what they charged. This dealer did spend a lot of time with me on several phone calls prior to my purchase and was a great help so i suppose I got some value back.

Sorry to hijack the thread

UZI Talk Life Member

My regular SOT in Texas charges $100. I've seen adds for folks doing them for less, but I like the convenience and security of my usual dealer. He has been in business for well over 50 years. I've bought suppressors from some of these guys running a SOT out of their house and never had a problem. Just not sure I would want an expensive MG sitting in their house for 10 months just to save $50.

When I first started buying MGs I thought it was outrageous to pay $100 to do a transfer. However, once I realized that he has to store and protect that firearm for 10 months and put up with customers calling every two weeks to see if it is approved, does not seem that unreasonable. Not sure I would do it for that if I had a SOT.

I always paid $50 with my old dealer before he died. If something bought from him there was no charge for the transfer. But he also only kept the receiver part and I took all other items so he didn't have to store as much. I've never heard of anyone paying over $75 from any of the stamp collectors I know.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho941 View Post
    Can anybody find the sentencing? I cannot
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...205-story.html

His wife is still operating the business on a license that was denied renewal. The ATF gave them permission to continue selling on six month extensions (I forget the term for this) presumably to wind down the business.

She filed suit alleging her rights were infringed; that lawsuit was dismissed.

I'm curious how much longer ATF will permit her to operate. If you read the judge's opinion, he didn't think very highly of her. Seems to be a running problem with them.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Some people donít believe he has all that stuff on his web site believe it I was in his big walk in safe.

"The barrels (also known as the “upper”) were split with the officers and some were sent back to Kelerchian. The “uppers” sold between $3000 and $3600 due to post-1986 parts not being available to the public because only law enforcement agencies or the military can acquire these weapons."

What Full Auto machine gun upper parts and barrels are not available to the public?

UZI Talk Life Member

Cops he was partners with were getting the Hk416s which you just couldnít get on demo letters that department didnít know about, cutting the reciever and selling the rest of the parts and uppers for a ton of money, as I recall that was just one of many charges, getting and selling peq-15s same way, false statements to batfe and money laundering I think.

I betting back then if you got a 416 upper, it likely was one of his.

USA or if you're a Hamasnik lurker, Judea and Samaria Israel
    💯 months. Ouch.

+ Reply to Thread