UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 80% receiver

80% receiver

I'm looking at a Southern Trading, 80% uzi receiver for $125. What is the difference between this and GI $20 receiver shell?

Someone mentioned that this was for a "dummy" build and one of the front sight ears didn't have a complete imprint when stamped therefore a 80% receiver. They also beleive it to be a GI blank? Do you know what that means?

They also sell a welded up receiver for a whopping $500.

Any insight given would be appreciated.

another question is why the heck do all their 80% receivers cost more than the real deals? Shouldn't 80% receivers cost less? Or is this company just out there?
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-27-2004 at 04:14 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Not sure about Southern Trading, but the GI receivers are recorded firearms and must be transfered through an FFL even though the level of completion would let them be sold as 80% or less. The deed has already been done to my knowledge.
    "The French, armed to the teeth, passive to the core." Winston Churchill

UZI Talk Life Member
    Hawk, Not trying to knock you, sit down and figure out a total for a build...There are not many parts you can use from a full auto parts kit. By the time you are done, you may be close if not over what Vector is charging for a completed gun....

If you are into it for knowledge of a build, then go right ahead...But I think a lot of people have given up before completion....Dig around on this site. There have been a lot of questions asked about doing a home build. If you can't find an answer give us a shout.....

Sorry couldn't help you out on the reciever question...

I have the opportunity to buy a receiver shell and some smg receiver parts that have already been taken off of the old stubs. Still would need to buy a few minor pieces and a couple of major pieces (semi pistol/fire control grip, a barrel, and a semi bolt).

Question; can you use a smg trunion on a semi build?

I like building stuff, I usually screw up the first time around so I don't mess with stuff that becomes too pricey or too hard on the tools.

I've looked at Vectors website and their prices are very hard to beat if one just wants a no hassel uzi, semi or auto.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Originally posted by Hawk
    I've looked at Vectors website and their prices are very hard to beat if one just wants a no hassel uzi, semi or auto.
    Quite true
    If you're going to knock a man down...do it so he can't get up.

Hawk
    Here is a link to a 80% uzi receivers on gun broker cheeper than the one you where looking at they are GI I know that buying is cheeper than building but I already have an IMI UZI And I love spending time playing around with guns so I may take a crack at it. Dose anyone have a pic of one they actualy compleated? Has it been done before??

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Vie...?Item=24859882

Watch out dealing with that 'OldRebel' character - he's been pawning off exhaust tubing as genuine 4130 seamless, and his CZ24 80% is out to lunch....

I'll second that Dave. He had my money for a month before he sent the receiver. I never did get the prints - bought them elsewhere.

Thanks for the warning gpdave.

Yes I know this guy has a very bad rep. and is well known on many forums as beeing a shady guy to deal with, But that item was on auction and there is feedback that I beleive he is trying to keep in good standings, Dont get me wrong it's a buy at own risk, I took the risk and the 2 transactions I had went well and shipping was with in a week, Mabe I was lucky.

This 80% uzi receiver was made by GI so quality is known to be good, All the other stuff this guy sells with his hand drawn templates and hacked out 80% tubes from questionabe steel I would'nt recomend to anyone.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I just picked up 2 uzi recievers. from D&D one was the $84 , ready to weld all milled and speced with the slot for trigger ears done. and another is the $20 which is just a stamped steel blank , NOT milled to specs. real rough more like a 75%.

Doing one kit is really not worth the $ but since im doing two, it will be considerable lower than two complete guns.

+ Reply to Thread