UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Zastava pap m92

UZI Talk Supporter

Zastava pap m92

just took notice of this AK pistol....looks like i missed out on the $399 ones earlier....i got a deal on one for $499 and not sure if i want to spent $500 on it...

anyone find a better deal lately on one?

im very close to pulling the trigger on it, but would prefer the $399 old price...most likely too late

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    just took notice of this AK pistol....looks like i missed out on the $399 ones earlier....i got a deal on one for $499 and not sure if i want to spent $500 on it...

anyone find a better deal lately on one?

im very close to pulling the trigger on it, but would prefer the $399 old price...most likely too late

found a deal for $479 shipped....did a deal w/ owner of Prepper gun shop on line....couldnt pass this up for what it is

anyone else own one?

Cool guns

Have a weird large thread to barrel ..

And dont take normal AK handguards

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongrecroom View Post
    Cool guns

Have a weird large thread to barrel ..

And dont take normal AK handguards

bought the Manticore nightbrake as it was the shortest and some cold blue to repair the grinding marks...excited about the new project...hoping to get lucky with a smooth running one as ive seen some that need sanding/polishing to run well....

bought the stupid century arms handicap stock for it....the stock that is illegal to shoulder, but most likely 100% of buyers shoulder it when no one is looking......there really is no purpose to a AK pistol w/o it

this whole SBR thing is just stupid
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 12-23-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Registered User IndyGunCollector's Avatar
    Love mine. I have the old school booster, Midwest Ind quad rail, Mako grip, single point adapter, and a Magpul AFG on it. Got mine yrs ago... so long ago that the serial is in the 1500 range. 20 rd mags look and work best with them.

Last edited by IndyGunCollector; 12-24-2016 at 02:52 AM. Reason: added pic

UZI Talk Supporter
    i read about how the gun needs wood refinishing and sanding of the safety.....are these common issues?

also see misaligned sights, top covers twisted, etc....

i dont know why i havent noticed these before...sounds they have been around for a while now......got some ''on sale'' email for $499 and suddenly took notice....ive seen Krinkovs for $800+ over the years and always wanted one......then i see these were as low as $399 at one point and i was thinking ''where was i?''......always enjoyed shooting my Chinese Mak....nice to add a 2nd one to my collection

i read about how the gun needs wood refinishing and sanding of the safety.....are these common issues?

also see misaligned sights, top covers twisted, etc....
    Thats the Kalashnikov platform for you. Generally, this sort of thing is not a problem unless wildly out of spec. Certainly won't detract from the accuracy of your 10" barreled 7.62x39 pistol.

I love mine. No noticeable QC issues. FYI, the barrel threads will need professional attention in order to mount a suppressor.

bought the Manticore nightbrake as it was the shortest and some cold blue to repair the grinding marks...excited about the new project...hoping to get lucky with a smooth running one as ive seen some that need sanding/polishing to run well....

bought the stupid century arms handicap stock for it....the stock that is illegal to shoulder, but most likely 100% of buyers shoulder it when no one is looking......there really is no purpose to a AK pistol w/o it

this whole SBR thing is just stupid
    I hadted the nightbreak ..Could not shoot it ..Switch to a 4 pieace bulgy clone comp

Just too much bang for me with the break ...No recoil ..but the noise was very bad I had to wear double ear and still ..And to me it shook me all over

Mind you I shoot large bore rifle and pistol but that thing was bad ..I dread to think what it would have sounded like inside ..

I could be wrong but I could only make it like 10 rounds before it was too much for me

UZI Talk Supporter
    i looked at that 4 piece flash hider thingy....i just could not see buying a 10" barrel and adding 2-3" onto it....it just seemed too large.....

if i dont like it i should be able to resell the nightbreak ..

i like crazy guns...so ill probably like the loud bang.....ive considered an HK .308 FA shorty many times.....this is as close as ill probably get

reading more and more about crooked sights....got my fingers crossed i get lucky and dont have to use a hammer to straighten out my sights...im sure its just the minority that posts the negatives....i assume i have a 1 year warranty in it either way....
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 12-24-2016 at 07:28 PM.

i looked at that 4 piece flash hider thingy....i just could not see buying a 10" barrel and adding 2-3" onto it....it just seemed too large.....

if i dont like it i should be able to resell the nightbreak ..

i like crazy guns...so ill probably like the loud bang.....ive considered an HK .308 FA shorty many times.....this is as close as ill probably get

reading more and more about crooked sights....got my fingers crossed i get lucky and dont have to use a hammer to straighten out my sights...im sure its just the minority that posts the negatives....i assume i have a 1 year warranty in it either way....
    If you enjoy monstrous fireballs you will really love them. The 4 piece Bulgy thing is just a fancy version of the booster on mine. Only difference is they are nickel plated inside and come apart for cleaning. They are also 4X as expensive. The booster is about $22 and comes with the retention pin, spring and keeper. The 4 piece comes with none of this.
    Heres the add for the Krink booster : HERE and heres the listing for the 4 piece: HERE The place that has the 4 piece also has a shorty version of the krink booster.

Yes the wood will need finishing. Its just rough barely sanded and has no protective finish. Let me know if you need that done... it's what I do.
    Last edited by IndyGunCollector; 12-25-2016 at 12:25 AM.

I have fun with my m82pv. I think the quality is pretty solid for an AK.

Quality is top shelf. Never a hiccup with mine. IMO Zastava makes one of the very best AKs and you cant go wrong buying one. I also have an M70 AB2 that has NEVER had a problem... that sold me.

I have one of the NPAP full size. I really like mine. Though, like many AK's don't accept every countries parts and need Yugo specific parts.

Lots of folks talk about improper heat treatment of the bolt (especially mushrooming hammer contact).

Many people mention installing retainer plates and tossing the tapco hammer to a combloc hammer due to the different radius of the face (to help combat the mushrooming) and to help combat egging the fcg holes from soft receivers.

Many people have installed heavier weight recoil springs to combat soft receivers.

These seem to be the most common "gripes".

I have seen no concerning major wear on mine, and think the build quality is much better than Romanian, and pretty darn nice actually.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA guy View Post
    I have one of the NPAP full size. I really like mine. Though, like many AK's don't accept every countries parts and need Yugo specific parts.

Lots of folks talk about improper heat treatment of the bolt (especially mushrooming hammer contact).

Many people mention installing retainer plates and tossing the tapco hammer to a combloc hammer due to the different radius of the face (to help combat the mushrooming) and to help combat egging the fcg holes from soft receivers.

Many people have installed heavier weight recoil springs to combat soft receivers.

These seem to be the most common "gripes".

I have seen no concerning major wear on mine, and think the build quality is much better than Romanian, and pretty darn nice actually.
    Don't know if it's because mine is in the 1500 serial range but it came NIB with Yugo/ Serbian fire control parts unlike my M70 AB2 that came with Tapco G2 parts. No mushrooming on either.

UZI Talk Supporter
    i have looked into some posts about the mushrooming...seems hit or miss from what i can see.....many discuss the hammer not being smooth and causing the issue....my plan on the gun is to remove the trigger/hammer and file it smooth.....same with the safety issue they seem to all have(too tight)...planning to dissemble and redo stuff right from day 1.....refinish the wood....

im sure it will only see a couple thousand rounds from me in my lifetime...

curious some mention replacing the main spring...how would this help? im assuming the wolf aftermarket spring would be stronger?

The wolf + spring is what people are changing to. Essentially slowing the bolt down and keeping it closed longer too which may help increase velocity a little at the same time. Their mindset is to reduce the amount of force from the bolt/hammer as much as possible, the spring doesn't seem to be a huge improvement in all fairness though and I can't tell much difference in the way it feels to me at all. But it's not going to hurt anything, so what do you have to lose? It's a $7 spring.

Also, from the research that I have done, folks are changing the tapco hammer because the face of the hammer profile is shaped oddly, which some say is helping add to the mushrooming problem. There are several side by side photos online about this, and the tapco does in fact look more pointy/pointed. Some have speculated that the tapco hammer has a higher heat treat than the rat tail on the bolt itself.

But I do know a Bulgarian hammer will work with no problems with the tapco trigger. And the face of the bulgy hammer is noticeably more rounded than the tapco.

I believe claims of poor heat treat are a little over-exaggerated. From what I can see about ak files, much like arfcom, if you have a different gun than someone else, theirs is always going to be better somehow, but that's probably a topic from another day.

I haven't fired the gun a huge lot, but the little changes are relatively inexpensive, and do nothing to hurt the gun. And like I said, I've been very happy with my yugo. You probably will be too.

Not long after I got it, I ditched the wood stock for this one.

Then I stained the handguard with crimson red RIT dye followed by a coat of matte/flat minwax polyurethane, scope mount and bushnell trs32 dot.

I'm really betting that you will have to do absolutely nothing to it except cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyGunCollector View Post
    Don't know if it's because mine is in the 1500 serial range but it came NIB with Yugo/ Serbian fire control parts unlike my M70 AB2 that came with Tapco G2 parts.
    Thats pretty weird. Doesn't that throw off your 922r parts count?

i bought mine from J&G a few years ago for $399 and I lov it....I SBRd it and put a rail and red dot and refinished the handguard, it shoots like a champ....
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Supporter
    if you form 1 SBR it how does that effect its value if you ever sell it? i hear it makes it hard to sell as most just want the arm brace/pistol?

nice looking job---thats the stock id pick if i wanted to go that route....

got all my accessories....still waiting for my check to show up at prepper gun shop to get things moving with the gun itself....mail is not fast during the holidays and for some reason i didnt just send it 2 day priority w/ a tracking # like i usually do......so i sit and wait for them to tell me it showed up

I am not at all worried about resale value, it's useless with the stupid arm brace.
    if you form 1 SBR it how does that effect its value if you ever sell it? i hear it makes it hard to sell as most just want the arm brace/pistol?

nice looking job---thats the stock id pick if i wanted to go that route....

got all my accessories....still waiting for my check to show up at prepper gun shop to get things moving with the gun itself....mail is not fast during the holidays and for some reason i didnt just send it 2 day priority w/ a tracking # like i usually do......so i sit and wait for them to tell me it showed up

+ Reply to Thread