UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zastava pap m92

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by airborne118 View Post
    I am not at all worried about resale value, it's useless with the stupid arm brace.
    depends on what you do with the arm brace

i doubt 99% use the arm brace as an arm brace

its a way around the law and when no one is looking im sure that arm brace becomes something else

but i do get what your saying too.....you know your 100% legal at all times

the whole arm brace is a scam against the NFA\

ive sold guns over the years if they become significantly more valuable, so i wouldnt say id never sell any of my guns...tastes change and if you can sell a gun for multiple x's what you paid after enjoying it for 25 years i sometimes sell it

ive been urged to sell my Mak90 a few times...but i dont think id like any other AK as much.....but who knows, the PAP may replace my Mak90....i think i paid $250 new for my Mak90

I did not mean to come across as not caring about the value, but you know what I mean,,,,compared to the collector items I have this is a "fun gun" and some people were getting the stink eye at the range after the ATF determined the braces were not to be shouldered.....I am all about not poking the bear, so I ponied up the $200 and waited the 7 months...well worth it, especially considering I put about $800 total into the gun with the stamp and it's an awesome shooter....SBR specific made AKs are well into the thousands.....it's all what fits your budget and style.....

UZI Talk Supporter
    if you dont have your own private gun range i get paying the $200 SBR stamp and getting a proper butt stock....worth $200 not to have to always be looking over your shoulder...the arm brace is pretty short, so im sure trying to shoot it as a sbr may be awkward depending on how big of a guy you are...the material seems stiff enough although i see reviews calling it spongy

Registered User IndyGunCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DistalRadius View Post
    I'm really betting that you will have to do absolutely nothing to it except cosmetics.

Thats pretty weird. Doesn't that throw off your 922r parts count?
    I thought it was very weird but sure enough they are factory parts.

BTW... when all hell broke loose at midnight on NYE I fired a mag full of those weird blanks that have the hollow blue wooden bullet and damn it was spitting fire.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyGunCollector View Post
    BTW... when all hell broke loose at midnight on NYE I fired a mag full of those weird blanks that have the hollow blue wooden bullet and damn it was spitting fire.

just a fun side note----when Trump was announced president by FOX news you could hear gun shots in my neighborhood....

deplorables just like you shooting into the air...but i suspect not blanks

UZI Talk Supporter
    Got my pap m92 today. Very impressed

After reading reviews w issues I found the trigger to be good. Lots of creep but 2nd stage is crisp....the creep im sure will improve, but the 2nd stage is as good as any factory trigger ive tried

The safety wasn't that tight. I just spent 1 minute bending it bit by bit until you can now operate it with your finger. I saw videos of guys sanding and tweaking it. I don't get it. It needed a bit of work but nothing dramatic

Wood looks great. I'm just going to put 3 coats of poly on it. I like the color and it's not too rough. I sand between coats do it will smooth out

sights appear good/straight...looks like they fixed this issue or its just a few who really complain about them which fills every negative post about the subject.

Getting the barrel thread protector off was a MF though . The slag had ran down into the space between the barrel and protector. I actually had to file through the whole thread protector(an actual hole!) and then use a channel locks to tear it off. Nothing simple lik the videos show. I don't own a dremmel

I took a very thin round file and filed the rear sights open more...a perfect 1/2 circle now touching each of the dots...even old eyes can now see in between them

Shouldering the arm brace seems difficult as it's too short. I'd think you might bump your face. Anyways al hypothetical since it may not be legal and I would never do anything wrong

Pistol grip is too thin for me. Ordered a magpul grip.

Probably won't get to shoot it for a while. I'm sure I'll enjoy ..for the $$ you cant beat this deal for an AK Shorty
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 01-05-2017 at 09:50 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    finally shot the PAP today....very enjoyable....the sonic blast you can feel in your chest if your standing behind it...and the beautiful fireball

accurate as hell....shot a 3" pattern at approx 30 yards from a bench with a $60 red dot

only grip is the trigger...its the worst x3 ive ever felt....i assume the grit will smooth out.....

my favorite AK to shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    finally shot the PAP today....very enjoyable....the sonic blast you can feel in your chest if your standing behind it...and the beautiful fireball

accurate as hell....shot a 3" pattern at approx 30 yards from a bench with a $60 red dot

only grip is the trigger...its the worst x3 ive ever felt....i assume the grit will smooth out.....

my favorite AK to shoot!
    Strange. What trigger did it come with? Mine is smooth as glass.

UZI Talk Supporter
    how do i check which trigger?

maybe a piece of gravel fell into mine...the first shot or 2 were good---from there on it felt like sand was in my trigger it was so bad....didnt effect performance one bit....im sure it will smooth itself out after 1000 rounds....i saw reviews online that discuss the bad trigger...i considered polishing it ahead of time

tell me how to ID the trigger? or should i take a pic

Does anybody get trigger slap with their stock M92 triggers?
    Mine has a little bit, not enough to cause too much trouble or make we want to do anything about it immediately, especially since I'm considering putting in an ALG trigger.

UZI Talk Supporter
    0 slap.....i ran 25 year old steel core from the Norinco days....

has anyone been arrested yet for using the arm brace and shouldering it ?

@Battering ram NIB I was curious if maybe it had a Tapco trigger. My M70 has one and it has a G2 stamp on the trigger itself. The M92 trigger has no stamp at all.
    @Bunk I have 0 trigger slap with my 92.

UZI Talk Supporter
    mine has no stamp....if it did it would be POS

im most likely going to go all out tomorrow and take it out and polish it will up with 2000 grit sandpaper....its really unacceptable and i dont feel like waiting 1000 rounds for it to smooth itself out

dont want to invest any $$ into this gun for a after market trigger either

its not a Mak 90 trigger

Something I have done to smooth up a trigger is to clean the fire control and remove the lubrication. Put some rubbing compound on the surfaces, work the action, and dry fire it. Once you have the gun set up, you can work it while listening to music or watching TV. Like running a couple of thousand rounds through it, the rubbing compound will help to slowly wear the sear and the trip surfaces together.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    ive got some 2000 grit sandpaper left over from pinewood derby cars....using that and oil cleans up and smooths out feed ramps, so id assume it would clean up surfaces and smooth out the trigger

ive got some 2000 grit sandpaper left over from pinewood derby cars....using that and oil cleans up and smooths out feed ramps, so id assume it would clean up surfaces and smooth out the trigger
    That's weird cause right out of the box I thought to myself this is a smooth trigger. Good luck with it n post if u found some crap in there or somethin

UZI Talk Supporter
    you got me to get it out of my safe tonight and get the job done...i polished everything with 400, then 1000, then oil and 2,000....it never got like a mirror...spent probably 1 hour total...its probably one of my best triggers now...the creep is gone, probably cut the trigger lbs in 1/2...its still safe, no issues.i really couldnt have taken much metal off, just polished... its more of a target trigger now...turned out better than expected....my daughter may use this gun for deer hunting this year......trigger is better than the Mak 90 now

you got me to get it out of my safe tonight and get the job done...i polished everything with 400, then 1000, then oil and 2,000....it never got like a mirror...spent probably 1 hour total...its probably one of my best triggers now...the creep is gone, probably cut the trigger lbs in 1/2...its still safe, no issues.i really couldnt have taken much metal off, just polished... its more of a target trigger now...turned out better than expected....my daughter may use this gun for deer hunting this year......trigger is better than the Mak 90 now
    Awesome man glad to hear it. Did u notice anything weird in there or were the cuts just not too smooth on urs?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyFilmore View Post
    Awesome man glad to hear it. Did u notice anything weird in there or were the cuts just not too smooth on urs?
    no....do a web search and find you have the only good PAP trigger...every search i found talked about horrible creep...the 2 surfaces have to grind against each other before the hammer is released....i didnt take the hammer out of the gun, just sand it best i could from where it sits.i removed the trigger though..i did spend a lot of time in the 2 ears on the trigger and slightly on the sear....i put the trigger in a vice and worked that surface of the trigger.....it showed no signs of wear or break in and only has 80 rounds through it....no pits....just pushing 2 blued parts against each other.......now its 2 smooth parts rubbing

ive got a Remington R1E id like to do similar work to...but i dont think i want to take it apart to the level to get that work done....it has a gritty trigger(which i have read is common).....

+ Reply to Thread