UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Zastava pap m92

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    no....do a web search and find you have the only good PAP trigger...every search i found talked about horrible creep...the 2 surfaces have to grind against each other before the hammer is released....i didnt take the hammer out of the gun, just sand it best i could from where it sits.i removed the trigger though..i did spend a lot of time in the 2 ears on the trigger and slightly on the sear....i put the trigger in a vice and worked that surface of the trigger.....it showed no signs of wear or break in and only has 80 rounds through it....no pits....just pushing 2 blued parts against each other.......now its 2 smooth parts rubbing

ive got a Remington R1E id like to do similar work to...but i dont think i want to take it apart to the level to get that work done....it has a gritty trigger(which i have read is common).....
    Yea I hear ya. I'm gonna be honest everytime I took it out I never really tested the trigger creep. Just went out n dumped a whole bunch of rounds n it felt good. But maybe under comparison with something else it could be better. Glad to hear it worked out. I have an ak9 that I wanna do some trigger work on I might try ur method on that. Also the hammer is not smooth at all its all bumpy but I haven't noticed it messing with the action. But that also needs smoothed out as well. I got the ak9 when it was like 389. Fun little gun.

UZI Talk Supporter
    just use really light sandpaper and i dont see how you can F it up ..2000 grit w/ oil isnt going to do anything other than polish....ive done the same thing to my UZI feed ramp..that came out like a mirror, but id assume that metal is more hardened and thats why......i wouldnt use 400 grit for very much...(the hammer didnt need any 400---its pretty damn smooth...just needed the bluing removed to make it smoother)

i couldnt get the hammer out, otherwise i would have done it on the bench...no matter what i did i couldn't punch it out...you can get to everything you need on the hammer w/o removing it

the PAP was definitely my worst trigger to start with

Cool

just use really light sandpaper and i dont see how you can F it up ..2000 grit w/ oil isnt going to do anything other than polish....ive done the same thing to my UZI feed ramp..that came out like a mirror, but id assume that metal is more hardened and thats why......i wouldnt use 400 grit for very much...(the hammer didnt need any 400---its pretty damn smooth...just needed the bluing removed to make it smoother)

i couldnt get the hammer out, otherwise i would have done it on the bench...no matter what i did i couldn't punch it out...you can get to everything you need on the hammer w/o removing it

the PAP was definitely my worst trigger to start with
    Yea I can usually get whatever I need off with 600 to start than finer from there. The area on the hammer I gotta smooth is definitely accessible without removing it. N that's really cool that u hated that trigger that bad but made it to your liking. I know it kinda sucks you had to do it but that's the fun part right?

UZI Talk Supporter
    i like to figure stuff out...keeps your brain from getting old...a trigger like this is easy...only 2 parts that rub and it comes apart easily....

i like to figure stuff out...keeps your brain from getting old...a trigger like this is easy...only 2 parts that rub and it comes apart easily....
    That's right lol I never woulda thought a headache could be fun but with guns it is to me. Yea I'm gonna do that to my ak9. The trigger setup is the same as a regular ak even tho they're not interchangable. But the same process should work fine. Thanks for the help.

UZI Talk Supporter
    finally got to the range today with the Pap.....wow is all i can say...the trigger is amazing....probably too light for a battle style rifle....ill bet its down to 4lbs or less.......i did more with my 2000 sand paper than i realized....im happy with it, but i would not want this light of a trigger on a gun if i was in the army.....accuracy is improved...ive got the cheapest red dot you can buy and i was knocking targets at 35 yards as fast as i could acquire them....what a BARK this gun has...my 12 year old daughter decided that it will be her deer hunting gun this Fall.....light and easy to handle....the amount of enjoyment from this cheap gun and cool factor is amazing.....for anyone else who has one with a gritty trigger...spend 20 minutes...completely different gun

+ Reply to Thread