UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9

Thread: Making a M11/9 SABRE

UZI Talk Supporter

If you guys are planning on getting a group order in, it's my understanding that my AK Sabre has some updates that would be nice to incorporate beforehand.
    Not sure how one would go about updating the blueprints, but if someone has a 3D scanner or is good with CAD programming...

Quote Originally Posted by West_Texas_King View Post
    If you guys are planning on getting a group order in, it's my understanding that my AK Sabre has some updates that would be nice to incorporate beforehand.
    Not sure how one would go about updating the blueprints, but if someone has a 3D scanner or is good with CAD programming...
    Absolutely. If someone is interested in making these, they need to update the design with the changes I listed in this thread. Then then need to at least 3d print to verify it before spending $$ on cnc machining. It's imperative to intimately understand the design and how each piece interrelates. As the design stands, it will not work without those modifications.

Good point. I am interested in the 7.62x39 build. Not so much the 5.56.

I will talk to the one boss about making the aluminum halves. We have been looking at getting into job shop work. I should be able to update the drawings since OP and I discussed what I was doing wrong with opening them.

Setup and programming cost will be the biggest expense. Once it's set, all you have to do is load a blank, push a button, then walk away.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I requested a quote from https://www.protolabs.com/cnc-machining/ and submitted the M10 / 47 drawings as referenced in this thread since I am interested in a 10 / 47. I guess I will have to wait for someone to build one and work out the kinks on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector 9mm View Post
    I will talk to the one boss about making the aluminum halves. We have been looking at getting into job shop work. I should be able to update the drawings since OP and I discussed what I was doing wrong with opening them.

Setup and programming cost will be the biggest expense. Once it's set, all you have to do is load a blank, push a button, then walk away.
    Good to know. Very interested in seeing this come together.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If anyone is interested in the quote I got from protolabs, message me here. I will start another thread if there is enough interest.

What's a rough price on this?

Just saw your other thread. I posted in that thread that I'm in! This is gonna be awesome.

Edited to add: Sorry, I got too excited and thought it was for an M11. I don't have an M10. If you do this for an M11, I'm in.

Quick update -

Another member had an incomplete M11 AK Sabre that he acquired after AA went out of business. I believe it was a pre-production prototype. Some elements the design were more refined than mine (mag catch area), but overall it was about the same. I fabricated the missing parts and took it out for a test fire today. It's running pretty well. There is an ejection issue still, but here's a video of it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD2saRuQj2M

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gotgraham View Post
    Quick update -

Another member had an incomplete M11 AK Sabre that he acquired after AA went out of business. I believe it was a pre-production prototype. Some elements the design were more refined than mine (mag catch area), but overall it was about the same. I fabricated the missing parts and took it out for a test fire today. It's running pretty well. There is an ejection issue still, but here's a video of it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD2saRuQj2M
    I need a friend like you good job!
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

+ Reply to Thread