UZI Talk Forums
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst 1 11 21 49 LastLast

Thread: M11/15 Prototype

UZI Talk Supporter
    [/QUOTE] literally had to rubber mallet my current side folder on....it isnt coming off easy...i would not want to hammer different stocks on each time i shoot the gun....

too many guys like their side folders[/QUOTE]

You probably should have filed them to fit. Every MAC is different so I assume that is why they over sized them. Mine slide in and out no problem but it took a few beers to fit them to the gun. I hope you didn't crack any thing hammering them in there. Sorry I know it's a bit off topic but I hope this helps you out.

UZI Talk Supporter
    literally had to rubber mallet my current side folder on....it isnt coming off easy...i would not want to hammer different stocks on each time i shoot the gun....

too many guys like their side folders[/QUOTE]

You probably should have filed them to fit. Every MAC is different so I assume that is why they over sized them. Mine slide in and out no problem but it took a few beers to fit them to the gun. I hope you didn't crack any thing hammering them in there. Sorry I know it's a bit off topic but I hope this helps you out.[/QUOTE]

No damage. It's a 1973. Built like a tank. My mac is more likely to crack my stock. Ha

UZI Talk Supporter
    It's a good thing Lage is such a scrupulous and honorable business. With the waiting list approaching 100 or more at this point, there have been some less honorable enterprises that would be collecting $500 deposits from us for the privilege of buying & waiting until the 12th of never to receive the product.

#114. Now I just need an M11/9 LOL

I didn't buy the Sabre because it was made by a company with a poor reputation for weight, quality, and standing by there product. Plus it was so heavy it's basically a bipod gun, and it's ugly.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Ya'll are going to put your eyes out!

FYI, Jackie told me I'm number 0.27 on the list to pay me back for not naming her kid "Jakelyn."
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Ya'll are going to put your eyes out!

FYI, Jackie told me I'm number 0.27 on the list to pay me back for not naming her kid "Jakelyn."
    I messed with the spreadsheet yesterday and changed your number to 1000.

And that baby is the CUTEST!
    Signature

300 Blackout M11/15???

Quote Originally Posted by atakk View Post
    300 Blackout M11/15???
    Pretty easy to do. Sounds like mak91 already did it with the prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialRescue View Post
    Pretty easy to do. Sounds like mak91 already did it with the prototype.
    I was thinking about multiple calibers too. It will depend on how expensive the upper is. I'm guessing it will be in the $800 to $1,500 range which will make quick change barrel systems like this cost effective.

https://huntertownarms.com/dolos.php

So I'm hoping that the upper will work with a quick change barrel system that is based on the AR platform. If not, then I hope the upper is cheap enough to be able to justify getting a few calibers. Since I can't afford .300blk full auto, I'm crossing my fingers that the upper isn't too expensive and I can get a second that will shoot 7.62x39 using AK mags. That would be awesome. I know I'm dreaming now, but Richard always seems to come through if you give him enough time.

Dang it, that's what I get for not checking the forum for a few days, just sent my email. Hopefully I'm not too far down the list.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Looks similar to this setup from a few years back.
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...ersion-working.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Looks similar to this setup from a few years back.
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...ersion-working.
    Yeah, I was hoping that .22 "dogon" was going to come to pass, though I already have a LAGE 22 kit, as well as a Fleming .22 kit.

But .22 LR is a lot different than .223!
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampMan View Post
    which will make quick change barrel systems like this cost effective.

https://huntertownarms.com/dolos.php
    The DOLOS type barrel swap is a sweet setup. I've got one. We talked about that setup HERE.
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping that .22 "dogon" was going to come to pass, though I already have a LAGE 22 kit, as well as a Fleming .22 kit.

But .22 LR is a lot different than .223!
    Not really, back when ammo prices started climbing like everyone else I turned to 22lr for cheaper shooting. Got 2 22lr bcg from cmmg and a bunch of blackdog mags. Built 2 dedicated uppers for my ar. Then 22lr prices shot up and 22lr was about impossible to find. I had a bunch of 55 gr fmj / .223 brass and trail boss powder. So I worked up some loads that ran the 55 gr at about 1050fps and used quick load to try to figure out where and how much the peak pressure was. I had a 20 inch rifle gas 1-7 twist barrel laying around so I cut it at the gas port and re threaded it. Then I drilled the gas port back where the peak pressure was, puts the gas block almost against the barrel nut. Shortest gas tube you'll ever see but it works. The upper runs 100% and locks the bolt back on a empty mag. The brass lasts for ever since its such low pressure. No lead build up in your suppressor and all the same mags/ parts as any other ar you have except for the gas tube. I wish I had done this before spend all the money on 22lr parts and mags for the ar as I hardly every use them any more. The first thing I am going to do when I get my hands back on the max11/15 is put this barrel on it and see if it will run with the extra weight of the sear catch and recoil rod on the bolt carrier. For me this setup made 22lr obsolete.

Secured spot #27 and a second M11/9. Now, patiently waiting. Thank you and good luck to those involved in this wonderful project!

#82 here. I'm hoping it takes regular ar barrels so I can run 300blk subs full auto.

UZI Talk Life Member

Will the wait list hit 100 before the end of February? I say it has a pretty good chance. That is pretty good considering between BATFE approval and tool up, its probably a year before production starts. I'm already staring at the phone waiting for my number to come up. LOL

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    Will the wait list hit 100 before the end of February? I say it has a pretty good chance. LOL
    look at post #204

UZI Talk Life Member

Late to the game, just emailed to get on the list. I do have a couple of questions. The first post mentions that if this is approved they will resubmit with a different recoil system and sear catch. My assumption is the idea is to use a piston system with the recoil spring up front, unless it's something weird like the Extar EXP uses. Is there any reason to doubt that the first uppers could be converted over to this system if desired? Personally, I want a DI system for the quick change barrel option but I'm just curious. From a quick search it looks like the Dolos is the only reasonable option right now, but it would be nice to be able to have a rail. Also, are there any more pictures of the upper? I would like to see it mounted on a lower.

EDIT: I'm #143
    Last edited by bigj480; 02-24-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Closed Thread