UZI Talk Forums
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 49 LastLast

Thread: M11/15 Prototype

Before this was announced or became official I was watching the newly released YouTube video introducing the Max-10/31, and by chance happened to read the comments. Someone kind of jokingly asked about Lage making a 556 upper, and they replied that they had just started a waiting list for one!

After I changed my shorts, I sent an excited email!
    (in all honesty, I sent the email first)

I've never been in the top ten of anything

^ Got ya beat #6. We should be in the first batch!

Quote Originally Posted by gotgraham View Post
    ^ Got ya beat #6. We should be in the first batch!
    Excellent! How did you get in so early, just send an email on faith as soon as Richard announced "the PM"?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I haven't got on the list. If there's no hole I'll go ahead at that point.

Not wasting them having to call me when my turn is up if I'm not settled on the design.

Just like the max31. Never buying one until they make a m11/9K version.

Quote Originally Posted by F-ing Hostile View Post
    Excellent! How did you get in so early, just send an email on faith as soon as Richard announced "the PM"?
    Yeah he mentioned "needing to let Jackie know", which I took as a list and fired off the email. A friend here locally got #1

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    I haven't got on the list. If there's no hole I'll go ahead at that point.

Not wasting them having to call me when my turn is up if I'm not settled on the design.

Just like the max31. Never buying one until they make a m11/9K version.
    Pretty sure the hole in the rear sight plate is non negotiable at this point. I'm not crazy about it either, but I'm early enough on the list that if I really can't bring myself to drill it I'm sure someone will happily take it off my hands. On the other hand I have an 86 semi converted receiver with a hole already welded and it doesn't bother me so I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by gotgraham View Post
    Yeah he mentioned "needing to let Jackie know", which I took as a list and fired off the email. A friend here locally got #1
    Nice! Now I just have to find something to do for the next year or two to keep my mind off of it...

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by F-ing Hostile View Post
    Nice! Now I just have to find something to do for the next year or two to keep my mind off of it...
    Any real idea how long it takes for verdict from atf?(not saying yours isn't real FYI) Richard care to shed some light as I'm sure you've been through this before.

I read somewhere a few pages back. Think Marty said 6 months for FFL holder, year for non FFL? Might be wrong...

UZI Talk Life Member
    We have received the prototype from Mike (mak91) and taken pictures while disassembling it to examine the design.

Here is a picture of it in comparison to a SABRE:

Here is a link to the photos:

Photos of M-11/15
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    We need to repair and modify the posty that this will be test fired on. So hopefully we will be posting video late next week.
    Richard Lage
    www.max-11.com

Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    We need to repair and modify the posty that this will be test fired on. So hopefully we will be posting video late next week.
    Nice pictures! I can't wait to see the video next week. Richard sure has his work cut out for him. That thing is ugly.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampMan View Post
    Nice pictures! I can't wait to see the video next week. Richard sure has his work cut out for him. That thing is ugly.
    Functional is what is important.
    Richard Lage
    www.max-11.com

Functional is what is important.
    Perhaps ugly is too strong of a word. After looking at the pictures it looks like this is a direct impingement design, so the heart and soul of this is still an AR. The bolt carrier doesn't seem to be modified outside of a hole for the charging handle. I'm hoping that the charging handle will end up being a non reciprocating left side charging handle, just like on the MAX-31 MK2. That would remove the need to make any modifications to the bolt carrier. It also looks like the rod that is bolted inside the BCG connects the operating rod to the carrier, provides a sear catch surface as well as stops the firing pin from moving back, thus fixing the firing pin in place. Am I seeing that right? If that's the case, then that's a really simple solution to converting a closed bolt BCG into an open bolt.

Can the BCG be removed from the receiver without splitting it in half? That is a huge problem with the SABRE design. I'm hoping you can remove the BCG without having to dismantle the receiver.

So far this looks great. You can tell that a lot of thought went into this. The simplest solutions to complex problems are always the most difficult to find. It looks like this prototype has greatly simplified the design over the SABRE.

UZI Talk Life Member

We need to repair and modify the posty
    Test-Bed Postie's have a tough life!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain murrica View Post
    Pretty sure the hole in the rear sight plate is non negotiable at this point. I'm not crazy about it either, but I'm early enough on the list that if I really can't bring myself to drill it I'm sure someone will happily take it off my hands. On the other hand I have an 86 semi converted receiver with a hole already welded and it doesn't bother me so I guess we'll see.
    Believe it or not... someday m11/9s considered virgins that never had the backplate drilled or weld filled/repaired (as so many will have been someday) will fetch a premium in price compared to the drilled "whores". Mark my words, 10 years early.

We have received the prototype from Mike (mak91) and taken pictures while disassembling it to examine the design.
    Looks great! I'm excited to see how this progresses. I really like the sear catch design and the use of the side-charging carrier. Definitely simplifies things (I can appreciate this now that I'm making the sabre from scratch).
    Last edited by gotgraham; 02-24-2017 at 10:54 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMan View Post
    Perhaps ugly is too strong of a word.
    No not really. When I first showed my m10 with a SABRE upper on it to a friend of mine he said it was the ugliest gun he had ever seen. Called it a Frankengun. I think my prototype has it beat on the ugly scale. But it was made to prove out a concept not win a beauty contest. I am sure Richard is going to put a wig and some makeup on it and you will be proud to take the max11/15 home to met the family

Here is a picture of it in comparison to a SABRE:

I'll be honest, I like that it's a DI and using AR parts, but is there any way to make the receiver rail height the same?

I understand that this is the prototype, but I think that's something that needs addressed.

Guys, guys...

First step is to get it approved! Lol

So many suggestions.

Closed Thread