UZI Talk Forums
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 12 49 LastLast

Thread: M11/15 Prototype

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    AA didnt put a patent on their design?
    No... and that's been well known for a while.

Too bad as the clutter comments are now thread clutter, which is clutterous clutter clutter.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Don't forget us m11a1 guys too😃

UZI Talk Life Member

UZI Talk Supporter
    Why is it every time someone invests time and money into something cool we needy gun owners have to pile on with "how bout one of these, that, and the others". Let the man finish his project, then say gimmie gimme gimmie haha. FYI This is a lighthearted comment before anyone gets there feels all hurt.

Hey, clutterous sounds dirty hehe

UZI Talk Life Member
    Great work man!! Keep us informed...

Nice. My m11 needs this. Let me know if you need any beta testers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Wow coming out of the woodwork! Awesome awesome awesome!
    YES!!!!

UZI Talk Supporter

Simple and to the point, the way the Sabre should have been.
    Makes me wonder if I can chop the front end off my saber and retrofit an AR barrel nut assembly on the end.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    i just mention it because someone designed it and went through the approval...and now anyone can just copy it for free?....im sure its the case since the company put out the drawings and is no longer there.....

AA didnt put a patent on their design?
    I don't know much at all about Patent/Intellectual Law, but IIRC, making blueprints available does not void the patent (However it is certainly unwise, since you just gave the competition every detail they need to modify your design enough to get a new patent for their design.)
    If a company ceases to produce a patented item,or never produces it,they still own the patent and attendant rights. If the company foes bankrupt, a patent may be sold to satisfy debts.
    But I confess ignorance re: patent disposition if a company simply closes, and the patent was owned by the company. If the patent was owned by an individual, they normally retain all patent rights,but,legally, when a company closes,it ceases to exist.

You get approved, I'll fucking buy one. The end.

Any idea on price?

UZI Talk Supporter

No idea on price.

UZI Talk Life Member

Sexy...Sexy...When you get that notion, put your Brain field in motion.... Doin the Bump....

Excellent work sir!

UZI Talk Supporter

Love the concept of AR15 parts and the weight at only 5.6 lbs is a game changer. Excellent work, like everyone else, looking forward to hearing an approval!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Captain murrica View Post
    Why is it every time someone invests time and money into something cool we needy gun owners have to pile on with "how bout one of these, that, and the others". Let the man finish his project, then say gimmie gimme gimmie haha. FYI This is a lighthearted comment before anyone gets there feels all hurt.

Hey, clutterous sounds dirty hehe
    Can you make one for my m10?

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    Can you make one for my m10?
    m10 version is not an issue, I've got a design for a 308 nato upper for the m10 too that uses dpms style mags / parts.

The m11a1 is more of a issue. The short frame doesn't really fit well with the length of the bolt carrier and the needed ejection stroke. To use a unmodified bolt carrier you would have to push the upper forward some and make it longer than ideal. The best fit I think would be to cut most of the tail off the bolt carrier and shorten it up. That way you can get a compact upper that it deserves. Problem is I have a m11/9 and m10/45 but not a m11a1.

UZI Talk Supporter
    What if you use an a1 buffer tube?

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice job OP. Battering ram, the real rubber hits the road with production, not design. I suspect there are more than enough differences in mak91's design to warrant a substantially different design.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    I don't know much at all about Patent/Intellectual Law, but IIRC, making blueprints available does not void the patent (However it is certainly unwise, since you just gave the competition every detail they need to modify your design enough to get a new patent for their design.)
    If a company ceases to produce a patented item,or never produces it,they still own the patent and attendant rights. If the company foes bankrupt, a patent may be sold to satisfy debts.
    But I confess ignorance re: patent disposition if a company simply closes, and the patent was owned by the company. If the patent was owned by an individual, they normally retain all patent rights,but,legally, when a company closes,it ceases to exist.
    My limited understanding is to file a patent you are looking at around $15,000. But that is not the big cost. The really big cost is defending your patent in court. How close is the new design to your patent? Unless the competition makes an exact copy of your patented item, it might cost the patent own $100,000+ to get the suit to court to have a judge decide. If a company just went out of business, it might be difficult to raise that kind of money to sue the entity infringing on the patent.

Also in order to patent an idea, that idea needs to be new and not available to the general public. Like what "mak91" has done. I think his design is really great. But now that there are pictures and details, it would be impossible to patent this design now that it is public. I'm sure looking forward to this design going further.

Scott

I believe a person has up to one year to file a patent after initial public disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by mak91 View Post
    m10 version is not an issue, I've got a design for a 308 nato upper for the m10 too that uses dpms style mags / parts.
    I'm sure that's going to catch a lot of attention from a lot of guys.

Myself, I'd be more into a 223, but just hearing M10 and 308 in the same sentence puts my imagination into overdrive.

Closed Thread