UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: value of NIW sterling mags?

UZI Talk Supporter

value of NIW sterling mags?

got some coming in im going to be selling

just curious where the market is on these....ive been told $100

No not 100.I bought 40 niw a couple tears ago for 33.00 each.Last 6 monts ago these niw sold for 45.00.

On second thought these may indeed sell for 100.I sure as hell would not pay that.Some sucker may pay that however.You never know.

UZI Talk Supporter
    ill list them on GB and see where it goes...$99 each or 5 for $95 each

if i sell one once in a while that would be great...otherwise ill have a nice stockpile

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    got some coming in im going to be selling

just curious where the market is on these....ive been told $100
    PS Arms has new Sterling Company 34rd commercial mags for $75.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    PS Arms has new Sterling Company 34rd commercial mags for $75.
    do they include the wrapper?

their stuff doesnt say if its new or not either...

and who knows how many buyers at that price too...

i invested a bit of $$ into this and if it doesnt pay off oh well...i decided to take a small chance on a good deal i found

i know to most the wrapper= nothing...they shoot their guns and mags....but to some they may want one in its original wrapper...i have my mac 10 mag still in its wrapper...im one of those guys....still have 4 ingram m6 mags in their wrapper too....

i know someone with a thompson drum in its original box (ww2 era) he wants double price for it

UZI Talk Life Member

do they include the wrapper?

their stuff doesnt say if its new or not either...

I don’t know about the wrapper. His site does say “new”.

Sterling 34 rd., new, not British military surplus, $75
    http://www.geocities.ws/psarms/

Maybe some of the folks who bought those NIB Mk3s will buy by a few mags from you.

Sterling Co mags are great. I’ve had my lucky mag for 40 years and 11 days. It’s so worn, the feed lips are thin as paper and cracked, but it still works 100% every time.

The L1A2 mags are good too. They are not quite as stout as the Sterling Co mags. I use them most of the time now. The smooth edges feel better to me and

UZI Talk Supporter
    mags arrived today...beautifully packaged....but upon inspection they all had minor specs of rust....i am sending them back....for what i paid they were a fair deal....but i cannot ask a premium price for them...some of the ones from Sarges were in better shape(3 were absolutely flawless and the other 7 had similar specs of rust)

the finish on this stuff just doesnt hold up well....sad...if i end up stuck with them they were a fair price for what i paid....hopefully i can return the whole lot....i almost bought everyone available (would have been $5,000)....lucky i decided to do a test run

UZI Talk Supporter
    went through all 20 i got

9 im keeping for myself
    8 im returning or selling for what i paid
    3 are flawless...absolutely flawless....im going to shoot for $100 each on GB.....im finding its impossible to find flawless....as ive now gotten 30 total and only found 6 i would call perfect w/o rust specs

UZI Talk Life Member

the finish on this stuff just doesnt hold up well....sad..
    The finish is Black Oxide. It’s a very thin porous coating that’s a bit like a sponge. When it’s heated, it absorbs oil or wax. It’s the oil or wax that provides corrosion resistance. If you want to maintain the finish, you have to keep it oiled or waxed and it must be stored in a moisture free environment. The best oils for this will contain a rust inhibitor, like Calcium sulfonate.

UZI Talk Supporter
    sold the (3) flawless ones i had today for $99 each...proves my concept would have worked if i could only had better condition NIW

buyer may take a few of the near flawless ones i was keeping for myself too for a reduced price....

also looking into attempting to get more flawless ones from my source...might be able to get 10-12 more if the % of flawless stays the same

there is a market for this price point for the rare high quality these have

Damn at that selling price I wish I had a boxcar full.lol

UZI Talk Supporter
    also sold a bunch with minor blemishes for $80 niw.....(very minor)

there is a market.....i can get a ton, but most will be blemished....hard to ask top dollar with a spec or 2 of rust.......people who are going to pay top dollar want perfection.....im still working on getting some more now to sell....my last buyer will take a few more.....and odds are there are more buyers out there..

just like having the original box for your Mac 11....having a wrapper around a mint Sterling mag is the thing to have/collect

anyone here interested in some there's a 50/50 chance i will be getting 1 last shipment

$99 + shipping for absolute mint

+ Reply to Thread